Libya attack revenge for Obama's drone kill of AQ's 2nd command

Discussion in 'Politics' started by tinydancer, Sep 13, 2012.

1. tinydancer

tinydancer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,022
    This was a well planned revenge attack for the Obama's administrations drone kill of AQ's #2 suggests a Brit think tank.

It was only a matter of time before AQ started retaliating. Sadly the embassy had jack shit protection. Not even bullet proof glass. The whole article will blow you away about the lack of security.

Here's the details though of what the think tank is calling a revenge killing.

A London think tank run by a former Libyan militant leader suggested on Tuesday that not only was the Benghazi attack 'well planned,'but that it may have been retaliation for an American drone attack that killed a Libyan leader of al Qaeda's core command group earlier this year

The Quilliam Foundation said that 24 hours before the Benghazi incident, al Qaeda leader, Ayman al-Zawahiri, distributed a video to militant websites in which he confirmed the death of his second in command, known as Abu Yahya al-Libi, and urged Libyans to avenge his killing.

Quilliam, whose president, Noman Benotman, once was a leader of an anti-Gaddafi militant faction said that according to its sources, up to 20 militants had prepared for a military assault.

Quilliam said the assault on the Benghazi Consulate took place in two waves.

After the first wave, U.S. officials arranged an evacuation of the Consulate by Libyan security forces. As the evacuation was taking place, a second wave of attacks was launched against U.S. officials.

The whole article is here.

Safe house where Ambassador died had no Marine guard and his body was missing for five hours: Full scale of chaos surrounding Libyan killings revealed | Mail Online

2. NYcarbineer

NYcarbineer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,264
    So I guess we should stop killing al qaeda because they might occasionally fight back?

What the fuck do you people want?

3. Political Junky

Political Junky Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,541
    So now it's because Obama was too aggressive?

4. ba1614

ba1614 Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +876
    Where on earth did anyone say anything of the sort?

5. tinydancer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,022
    I never said stop killing AQ. How crazy are you?

Don't answer that because all sorts of people are saying that it was a "bad bad movie" that caused this and want to draw and quarter the freaking producer.

The true motive will turn out to be the drone kill and these kills have to be carried out. I understand we have to eradicate AQ.

It makes sense though that AQ was finally going to retaliate at a certain point. My beef as should every body's beef be is the lack of security at this embassy.

Not even bullet proof glass. Someone should get their ass kicked for this lack of security.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  6. ba1614

ba1614 Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +876
    Fucking progressives are getting so paranoid they are seeing shit that isn't there.

7. NYcarbineer

NYcarbineer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,264
    I posted yesterday that it was probably a retaliation for killing the number 2..

Catch up.

8. tinydancer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,022
    I honestly didn't see it. The board was moving so fast yesterday. I lost a couple of my own threads. They're probably on page 30 by now. :D

Seriously though, Libya was different from the get go because this was a full scale assault and the perpetrators knew what they were doing.

Damn these people were sitting ducks.

9. Clementine

Clementine Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,748
    No, we just need to recognize that they will retaliate for actual killings on our part and it's just stupid to blame it on some little youtube video. Second, recognize that they are in the wrong and not worthy of an apology from our government for every little thing that gets under their skin. Christians get bashed on a daily basis and manage to ignore it. I have never, ever heard one liberal insult any filmmaker who bashed religions other than Islam. Then there was the movie about the assassination of Bush and it was a hit with liberals. It's only wrong when the other side does it. And it is tiring the way they go out of their way to defend Muslims.

Fact is, the extremists have said time and time again that they want death to all infidels. So, scream at the little filmmaker all day long, but unless we all stop being infidels and don burkas and robes, we will remain targets for murder.

Obama likes bragging about the killing of Osama, yet cries when they get mad and then he blames it on someone else. Man up and deal with these losers.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  10. Yurt

Yurt Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,038
    seems to me...the question is whether it is a result of the film maker or obama...what do you think?