Libs will protect freedom/liberty? WRONG - idiot leftist wants home surveillance for ALL newborns

dcbl

Good guys wear white hats
Aug 23, 2011
Bham, AL
are there any liberals left that care about decency? or personal liberty?

I am not even surprised by the left wing lunacy anymore, but the stories and ideas coming from the left just keep getting scarier and more pernicious

Here's another disgusting example of idiot leftists fully embracing Big Brother, now the State gets to decide if you can keep your baby!

Oregon Could Become the First State to Require In-Home Surveillance of Newborn Babies

If Oregon Governor Kate Brown has her way, the Beaver State will become the first to require universal home visits for newborn children in the care of their own parents.

Senate Bill 526, introduced this month in the Oregon Legislative Assembly as part of Brown's budget, orders the Oregon Health Authority to "study home visiting by licensed health care providers." Lawmakers went so far as to declare that SB 526 is an "emergency" measure — one that requires a resolution by the end of the year. The intro to the bill, the language of which has not yet been crafted, reads:

The Oregon Health Authority shall study home visiting by licensed health care providers in this state. The authority shall submit findings and recommendations for legislation to an interim committee of the Legislative Assembly related to health care not later than December 31, 2019.

Moreover, the 18 sponsors of the bill claim that its passage is "necessary for the immediate preservation of the public peace, health and safety," and therefore "an emergency is declared to exist."

What's the big emergency? Apparently, the state of Oregon is concerned that some parents are raising their children without the watchful eye of Big Brother monitoring their every move — a big no-no in the view of the progressive left.

are there any liberals left that care about decency? or personal liberty?

I am not even surprised by the left wing lunacy anymore, but the stories and ideas coming from the left just keep getting scarier and more pernicious

Here's another disgusting example of idiot leftists fully embracing Big Brother, now the State gets to decide if you can keep your baby!

Oregon Could Become the First State to Require In-Home Surveillance of Newborn Babies

If Oregon Governor Kate Brown has her way, the Beaver State will become the first to require universal home visits for newborn children in the care of their own parents.

Senate Bill 526, introduced this month in the Oregon Legislative Assembly as part of Brown's budget, orders the Oregon Health Authority to "study home visiting by licensed health care providers." Lawmakers went so far as to declare that SB 526 is an "emergency" measure — one that requires a resolution by the end of the year. The intro to the bill, the language of which has not yet been crafted, reads:

The Oregon Health Authority shall study home visiting by licensed health care providers in this state. The authority shall submit findings and recommendations for legislation to an interim committee of the Legislative Assembly related to health care not later than December 31, 2019.

Moreover, the 18 sponsors of the bill claim that its passage is "necessary for the immediate preservation of the public peace, health and safety," and therefore "an emergency is declared to exist."

What's the big emergency? Apparently, the state of Oregon is concerned that some parents are raising their children without the watchful eye of Big Brother monitoring their every move — a big no-no in the view of the progressive left.

More fake news...

Read the actual bill. They are doing a year long study to see if home visits are helpful, There is nothing in the bill about anything being required nor them being universal.

As the old computer saying goes...GIGO

you are the living, breathing example of this

will our freedom/liberty?

why yes, yes it will.

:21:

and moronboi calls others idiots ........

would be nice if you would practice intellectual honesty

this is the 1st step down a slippery slope

and you must have missed this gem from the article:

Sen. Elizabeth Steiner Hayward (D-Beaverton), who sits on the powerful Ways and Means Committee that will hammer out the language of the legislation, has said that universal home visits are a priority for her.

this article from a local newspaper says the same thing:

Legislature: Baby on Board

If enacted, Oregon would be the first state to provide up to three visits by a nurse or a similar health professional to every family with a new child. North Carolina has run a pilot program providing a similar service. But no state has a program as universal as the one envisioned for Oregon.

I guess I understand why you'd lie, when you can't come up with a valid rebuttal, obfuscate!

will our freedom/liberty?

why yes, yes it will.

:21:

and moronboi calls others idiots ........
nice catch, i fixed it

and i don't make a habit of calling people idiots, except for in retaliation

Sen. Elizabeth Steiner Hayward (D-Beaverton), who sits on the powerful Ways and Means Committee that will hammer out the language of the legislation, has said that universal home visits are a priority for her.

If enacted, Oregon would be the first state to provide up to three visits by a nurse or a similar health professional to every family with a new child. North Carolina has run a pilot program providing a similar service. But no state has a program as universal as the one envisioned for Oregon.

I guess I understand why you'd lie, when you can't come up with a valid rebuttal, obfuscate!

So, everything I said is 100% true. It is just a study and right now nothing is mandatory.

Thank for the confirmation.

So, everything I said is 100% true. It is just a study and right now nothing is mandatory.

yeah?

what did I say that is untrue? we have idiot leftists pushing for universal home inspections for all newborns

this is Orwellian type stuff, i am actually surprised that you aren't outraged by this...

be specific please

yeah?

what did I say that is untrue? we have idiot leftists pushing for universal home inspections for all newborns

this is Orwellian type stuff, i am actually surprised that you aren't outraged by this...

be specific please

I do not get outraged over maybes and ifs.

Life is too short to be getting all worked up over something that has not even come close to happening yet.

That's bat shit crazy and unconstitutional. Guarantee illegal immigrants will be excluded. Cuz you know...dats wacist.

yeah?

be specific please

Life is too short to be getting all worked up over something that has not even come close to happening yet.
oh OK, then when should we stand up and speak out against something?

wait until after the fact?

they are pushing for this now

yeah?

be specific please

oh OK, then when should we stand up and speak out against something?

wait until after the fact?

they are pushing for this now

Fell free to speak out against things that are not even happening, that is always very efficient use of one's time.

Perhaps a better suggestion would be wait till the study is over and see what they recommend.

Do you even live in the state?

That's bat shit crazy and unconstitutional. Guarantee illegal immigrants will be excluded. Cuz you know...dats wacist.
Yep, sanctuary for criminals and gang members, but not paremts

Does anyone believe that conservatives would not be targeted?

Forum List

Back