Similarities,,,,

edward37

Gold Member
Jan 19, 2017
The case before the United States in 1868 bears striking similarities to the case before the country now—and no president in history more resembles the 45th than the 17th. “The president of the United States,” E. P. Whipple wrote in this magazine in 1866, “has so singular a combination of defects for the office of a constitutional magistrate, that he could have obtained the opportunity to misrule the nation only by a visitation of Providence. Insincere as well as stubborn, cunning as well as unreasonable, vain as well as ill-tempered, greedy of popularity as well as arbitrary in disposition, veering in his mind as well as fixed in his will, he unites in his character the seemingly opposite qualities of demagogue and autocrat.” Johnson, he continued, was “egotistic to the point of mental disease” and had become “the prey of intriguers and sycophants.”
--------------------------------------------
From a VERY long and interesting article from The Atlantic ->

Impeach Donald Trump

The case before the United States in 1868 bears striking similarities to the case before the country now—and no president in history more resembles the 45th than the 17th. “The president of the United States,” E. P. Whipple wrote in this magazine in 1866, “has so singular a combination of defects for the office of a constitutional magistrate, that he could have obtained the opportunity to misrule the nation only by a visitation of Providence. Insincere as well as stubborn, cunning as well as unreasonable, vain as well as ill-tempered, greedy of popularity as well as arbitrary in disposition, veering in his mind as well as fixed in his will, he unites in his character the seemingly opposite qualities of demagogue and autocrat.” Johnson, he continued, was “egotistic to the point of mental disease” and had become “the prey of intriguers and sycophants.”

Impeach Donald Trump

and, of course, his opinion was not considered partisan by anyone, was it.

Too funny

Remind me, since he published his opinion, which president has NOT been considered 'egotistical'?

Johnson got in as a vice president. Trump was elected President, by the people, for the people, because he is of the people.

Impeach Donald Trump

OFFS.

tl;dr

Hating the Cheeto still isn't grounds for impeachment, Chumlee.
Either was hating Hillary grounds for taking a presidency away from her You have cold water now when it could'a been warm

tl;dr

Hating the Cheeto still isn't grounds for impeachment, Chumlee.
Either was hating Hillary grounds for taking a presidency away from her You have cold water now when it could'a been warm

Either was hating Hillary grounds for taking a presidency away from her
taking it away from her?

She had more Electoral Votes than Trump?

He didn't win the election per the Constitution?

hating Hillary grounds for taking a presidency away from her

Were you sick the day they taught how elections work in our country?
Yes I attended class that day They explained how republicans go all out to reduce voters in districts they believe they need help in and please don't give anymore offs

I'm all for voter reduction.

downsides-of-weight-loss-rotator_0.jpg

You can never be too thin.

Yes I attended class that day They explained how republicans go all out to reduce voters in districts they believe they need help in and please don't give anymore offs

Did you sleep thru the lecture pointing out democrats do the same thing?

That gerrymandering is bi-partisan?

Impeach Donald Trump
The House only opened Impeachment Hearings on Nixon after he fired Cox and the DOJ leadership resigned in protest. (Leading then Soliciter General Robert Bork to be Nixon's hatchet man, and earning the vitrol of many including me)

Did you sleep thru the lecture pointing out democrats do the same thing?

That gerrymandering is bi-partisan?

Do Democrats do this ?
As noted by Politico’s Capitol Hill bureau chief, John Bresnahan, Trump’s public letter exposed a trip that had been a “closely held secret due to security concerns” for Pelosi.

John Bresnahan@BresPolitico

https://twitter.com/BresPolitico/status/1085980694181019649

Pelosi's trip to Afghanistan had been a closely held secret due to security concerns, of course. Very few people knew she was heading there. @SteveScalise mentioned Pelosi was headed to Brussels in his presser this morning, which angered Dems.

2:22 PM - Jan 17, 2019

Impeach Donald Trump
I must admit some ignorance on my knowledge of Johnson.

However, Trump reminds me very much of FDR and the other Johnson, Lyndon.

And, of course, Nixon.

Impeach Donald Trump
This article reminds me of those long List O'Reasons To Impeach Obama the pseudocons used to copy and paste.

Someone will probably distill the article down to a convenient bullet list for the Left to copy and paste.

I've yet to see any good reason to impeach Trump which is worth tearing the country apart. I realize the GOP impeached over a blowjob, but I don't think we really want to respect that low benchmark. Not even for a fuckwit like Trump.

and he gives up a secret trip by pelosi?? the man is a coward a bully and a swine

Impeach Donald Trump
The House only opened Impeachment Hearings on Nixon after he fired Cox and the DOJ leadership resigned in protest. (Leading then Soliciter General Robert Bork to be Nixon's hatchet man, and earning the vitrol of many including me)
I'm not sure what you mean by "Impeachment Hearings".

The Senate Watergate hearings began five months before the Saturday Night Massacre.

The first article of impeachment did not pass the House Judiciary Committee until a year after the Saturday Night Massacre, right after the Oval Office tapes were released. It was those tapes which caused the impeachment process to begin.

and he gives up a secret trip by pelosi?? the man is a coward a bully and a swine
Pelosi deserved it. She wants to play hardball with Trump, she should expect to get hit in the face a few times.

Forum List

Back