Liberals, what has Trump lied about?

You lie like Trump lies. There were not over 2,000 additional citizenships granted to Iranians in 2015 than 2014... there were 724.

Table 21. Persons Naturalized By Region And Country Of Birth: Fiscal Years 2014 To 2016
No post a few of his lies

lets look at them.
I just did. He claimed the biggest electoral college win since Reagan and he claimed he won the popular vote if not counting illegal votes.

G’head... give it your best shot...
Omg, like I said he exaggerates, but he did win. That's all you guys have is a difference in numbers. Show me something he said he would do but hasn't even tried to implement it. It's like talking to a 5 year old.

Define the word "lie" then.
something not true with intent..
You lie like Trump lies. There were not over 2,000 additional citizenships granted to Iranians in 2015 than 2014... there were 724.

Table 21. Persons Naturalized By Region And Country Of Birth: Fiscal Years 2014 To 2016

lets look at them.
I just did. He claimed the biggest electoral college win since Reagan and he claimed he won the popular vote if not counting illegal votes.

Omg, like I said he exaggerates, but he did win. That's all you guys have is a difference in numbers. Show me something he said he would do but hasn't even tried to implement it. It's like talking to a 5 year old.

something not true with intent. Like Benghazi was started by an internet video and had nothing to do with terrorism or 911. Saying they started 5 factories and not 2, is an exaggeration.
something not true with intent.
Like saying for 5 years that President Obama was not actually born in the United States and didn't have a birth certificate

A select list of Trump Birther quotes- remember he only stopped with these lies when he got the Republican nomination- and then he lied and blamed Hillary Clinton- another lie with intent.

1. "Why doesn't he show his birth certificate? There's something on that birth certificate that he doesn't like."
- March 23, 2011, on "The View"
2. "He's spent millions of dollars trying to get away from this issue. Millions of dollars in legal fees trying to get away from this issue. And I'll tell you what, I brought it up, just routinely, and all of a sudden a lot facts are emerging and I'm starting to wonder myself whether or not he was born in this country."
- March 28, 2011, on Fox News
3. "He doesn't have a birth certificate, or if he does, there's something on that certificate that is very bad for him. Now, somebody told me -- and I have no idea if this is bad for him or not, but perhaps it would be -- that where it says 'religion,' it might have 'Muslim.' And if you're a Muslim, you don't change your religion, by the way."
- March 30, 2011, on The Laura Ingraham Show
4. "I have people that have been studying [Obama's birth certificate] and they cannot believe what they're finding ... I would like to have him show his birth certificate, and can I be honest with you, I hope he can. Because if he can't, if he can't, if he wasn't born in this country, which is a real possibility ... then he has pulled one of the great cons in the history of politics."
- April 7, 2011, on NBC's "Today" show
5. "His grandmother in Kenya said, 'Oh, no, he was born in Kenya and I was there and I witnessed the birth.' She's on tape. I think that tape's going to be produced fairly soon. Somebody is coming out with a book in two weeks, it will be very interesting."
- April 7, 2011, on MSNBC's "Morning Joe"
Note: On April 27, 2011, President Obama made public his long form birth certificate. The Trump campaign in his statement portrayed this as the event that resolved the situation.
"Having successfully obtained President Obama's birth certificate when others could not, Mr. Trump believes that President Obama was born in the United States," Miller said.
But as the following comments demonstrate, whatever he thought personally, Trump continued to gin up birther issues for years after.
6. "He didn't know he was running for president, so he told the truth. The literary agent wrote down what he said ... He said he was born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia ... Now they're saying it was a mistake. Just like his Kenyan grandmother said he was born in Kenya, and she pointed down the road to the hospital, and after people started screaming at her, she said, 'Oh, I mean Hawaii.' Give me a break."
- May 24, 2012, interview with The Daily Beast's Lloyd Grove, responding to an erroneous report about Obama
7. "A lot of people do not think it was an authentic certificate. ... Many people do not think it was authentic. His mother was not in the hospital. There are many other things that came out. And frankly if you would report it accurately I think you'd probably get better ratings than you're getting."
- May 29, 2012, to CNN's Wolf Blitzer
8. "An 'extremely credible source' has called my office and told me that @BarackObama's birth certificate is a fraud."
An 'extremely credible source' has called my office and told me that @BarackObama's birth certificate is a fraud.

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 6, 2012
- August 6, 2012, in a tweet more than a year after Obama released his longform birth certificate
9. "Was it a birth certificate? You tell me. Some people say that was not his birth certificate. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. I'm saying I don't know. Nobody knows."
- August 2013, to ABC News
10. "How amazing, the State Health Director who verified copies of Obama's 'birth certificate' died in plane crash today. All others lived."
How amazing, the State Health Director who verified copies of Obama's "birth certificate" died in plane crash today. All others lived

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 12, 2013
- December 12, 2013, in tweet about the death of Loretta Fuddy.
11. "Well, I don't know -- did he do it? ... Well, a lot of people don't agree with you and a lot of people feel it wasn't a proper certificate."
-May 2014, in an interview with TV3's Colette Fitzpatrick in Ireland, Trump first contested whether Obama had released his birth certificate, then questioned whether its legitimacy.
12. "There are three things that could happen. And one of them did happen. He was perhaps born in Kenya. Very simple, OK? He was perhaps born in this country. But said he was born in Kenya because if you say you were born in Kenya, you got aid and you got into colleges. People were doing that. So perhaps he was born in this country, and that has a very big chance. Or, you know, who knows?"
- May 27, 2014, in remarks at the National Press Club
13. "Who knows about Obama? ... Who knows, who knows? Who cares right now?... I have my own theory on Obama. Someday I will write a book, I will do another book, and it will do very successfully."
- January 6, 2016, in an interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer.
14. "I'll answer that question at the right time. I just don't want to answer it yet ... I don't talk about it anymore. The reason I don't is because then everyone is going to be talking about it as opposed to jobs, the military, the vets, security."
- September 15, 2016, in an interview with The Washington Post.

Something a Democrat says when they're embellishing -- like Obama talking about shovel ready jobs.

Its going to be fun going forward.

In the future, whenever someone that is favored tells a lie, they can just claim they were exaggerating. It's from Star Trek II The Wrath of Khan as I recall. When Spock is called on the carpet for lying, he says "I exaggerated".

Well lets see- what are all of the rationalizations for Trump's lies so far?
  • He was exaggerating!
  • He was just joking!
  • I never believed it anyway
  • It is not really a lie- because Trump said X but he really meant Y
  • Obama did it first!
  • Clinton did it too!
Did I leave any out?
Wow, you are nuts.
Look show me something he talked about doing, but hasn't done anything on. the reason just numbers as lies isn't that they are. If trump said it was 100 degrees, but it was 99, you would call it a lie. So who me a real lie. Like you can keep your doctor level.

lets look at them.

lets look at them.

something not true with intent. Like Benghazi was started by an internet video and had nothing to do with terrorism or 911. Saying they started 5 factories and not 2, is an exaggeration.
Like saying for 5 years that President Obama was not actually born in the United States and didn't have a birth certificate

A select list of Trump Birther quotes- remember he only stopped with these lies when he got the Republican nomination- and then he lied and blamed Hillary Clinton- another lie with intent.

1. "Why doesn't he show his birth certificate? There's something on that birth certificate that he doesn't like."
2. "He's spent millions of dollars trying to get away from this issue. Millions of dollars in legal fees trying to get away from this issue. And I'll tell you what, I brought it up, just routinely, and all of a sudden a lot facts are emerging and I'm starting to wonder myself whether or not he was born in this country."
3. "He doesn't have a birth certificate, or if he does, there's something on that certificate that is very bad for him. Now, somebody told me -- and I have no idea if this is bad for him or not, but perhaps it would be -- that where it says 'religion,' it might have 'Muslim.' And if you're a Muslim, you don't change your religion, by the way."
4. "I have people that have been studying [Obama's birth certificate] and they cannot believe what they're finding ... I would like to have him show his birth certificate, and can I be honest with you, I hope he can. Because if he can't, if he can't, if he wasn't born in this country, which is a real possibility ... then he has pulled one of the great cons in the history of politics."
5. "His grandmother in Kenya said, 'Oh, no, he was born in Kenya and I was there and I witnessed the birth.' She's on tape. I think that tape's going to be produced fairly soon. Somebody is coming out with a book in two weeks, it will be very interesting."
Note: On April 27, 2011, President Obama made public his long form birth certificate. The Trump campaign in his statement portrayed this as the event that resolved the situation.
"Having successfully obtained President Obama's birth certificate when others could not, Mr. Trump believes that President Obama was born in the United States," Miller said.
But as the following comments demonstrate, whatever he thought personally, Trump continued to gin up birther issues for years after.
6. "He didn't know he was running for president, so he told the truth. The literary agent wrote down what he said ... He said he was born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia ... Now they're saying it was a mistake. Just like his Kenyan grandmother said he was born in Kenya, and she pointed down the road to the hospital, and after people started screaming at her, she said, 'Oh, I mean Hawaii.' Give me a break."
- May 24, 2012, interview with The Daily Beast's Lloyd Grove, responding to an erroneous report about Obama
7. "A lot of people do not think it was an authentic certificate. ... Many people do not think it was authentic. His mother was not in the hospital. There are many other things that came out. And frankly if you would report it accurately I think you'd probably get better ratings than you're getting."
8. "An 'extremely credible source' has called my office and told me that @BarackObama's birth certificate is a fraud."
An 'extremely credible source' has called my office and told me that @BarackObama's birth certificate is a fraud.

- August 6, 2012, in a tweet more than a year after Obama released his longform birth certificate
9. "Was it a birth certificate? You tell me. Some people say that was not his birth certificate. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. I'm saying I don't know. Nobody knows."
10. "How amazing, the State Health Director who verified copies of Obama's 'birth certificate' died in plane crash today. All others lived."
How amazing, the State Health Director who verified copies of Obama's "birth certificate" died in plane crash today. All others lived

11. "Well, I don't know -- did he do it? ... Well, a lot of people don't agree with you and a lot of people feel it wasn't a proper certificate."
-May 2014, in an interview with TV3's Colette Fitzpatrick in Ireland, Trump first contested whether Obama had released his birth certificate, then questioned whether its legitimacy.
12. "There are three things that could happen. And one of them did happen. He was perhaps born in Kenya. Very simple, OK? He was perhaps born in this country. But said he was born in Kenya because if you say you were born in Kenya, you got aid and you got into colleges. People were doing that. So perhaps he was born in this country, and that has a very big chance. Or, you know, who knows?"
13. "Who knows about Obama? ... Who knows, who knows? Who cares right now?... I have my own theory on Obama. Someday I will write a book, I will do another book, and it will do very successfully."
14. "I'll answer that question at the right time. I just don't want to answer it yet ... I don't talk about it anymore. The reason I don't is because then everyone is going to be talking about it as opposed to jobs, the military, the vets, security."
Well my question is why did the Clinton campaign bring it up if it wasn't valid?
Why did he take like a million years to release his birth certificate?
And Trump already has stated during the campaign he was wrong and Obama was born in the US. He corrected it.

and why are you guys so obsessed with questions about a birth certificate????? We're still rehashing this?

Also hyperbole.
You're saying Trump never said that? Just because you can't back up what you say, doesn't mean I don't...

Pretty typical of men. Not that you would know.
You're saying I never grabbed a pussy? That was just mean!

He did say, he just never said HE DID IT. He said the way Hollywood works is you can grab a woman by the pussy and get away with it. And we all know that's true. If you have a big enough part, women will do whatever you want, been that way since Hollywood started....Weinstein proved it still goes on. Trump was correct, but he never said HE was involved

I love quoting Trump on this- I wouldn't consider this to be a lie- it is just Trump bragging about how he treats women- and can get away with it because he is a celebrity.

Trump: Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything....

Trump: Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything.

So to recap:
Trump says he just starts kissing beautiful women without their permission
And then he says that if you are a star- women let you kiss them without permission.
And if you are a star- women let you grab them by their pussy without permission.

You want to believe that Trump is not calling himself a star in that- well that explains the reason why you rationalize all of Trump's lies.

Something a Democrat says when they're embellishing -- like Obama talking about shovel ready jobs.

In the future, whenever someone that is favored tells a lie, they can just claim they were exaggerating. It's from Star Trek II The Wrath of Khan as I recall. When Spock is called on the carpet for lying, he says "I exaggerated".

• He was exaggerating!
  • He was just joking!
  • Obama did it first!
  • Clinton did it too!
Did I leave any out?
Wow, you are nuts.
Look show me something he talked about doing, but hasn't done anything on..

I already have.

Trump said in in his promise to the American people that he would instruct the Treasury Secretary to label China a currency manipulator.

Trump promised he would do so.
He has never done it.

• He was exaggerating!
  • He was just joking!
  • Obama did it first!
  • Clinton did it too!
Did I leave any out?
Wow, you are nuts.

I already have.

Trump said in in his promise to the American people that he would instruct the Treasury Secretary to label China a currency manipulator.

He has never done it.
his term isn't over, but lets see how the trade negotiations turn out.

Also hyperbole.
You're saying Trump never said that? Just because you can't back up what you say, doesn't mean I don't...

He did say, he just never said HE DID IT. He said the way Hollywood works is you can grab a woman by the pussy and get away with it. And we all know that's true. If you have a big enough part, women will do whatever you want, been that way since Hollywood started....Weinstein proved it still goes on. Trump was correct, but he never said HE was involved

I love quoting Trump on this- I wouldn't consider this to be a lie- it is just Trump bragging about how he treats women- and can get away with it because he is a celebrity.

Trump: Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything....

So to recap:
And then he says that if you are a star- women let you kiss them without permission.
And if you are a star- women let you grab them by their pussy without permission.

You want to believe that Trump is not calling himself a star in that- well that explains the reason why you rationalize all of Trump's lies.

yeah he was bullshitting with Billy bush, I get it. And that's how Hollywood works, there is a reason I have disgust for that place. But he never said he grabbem them, he said you could do it. And for kissing, do you get permission first? It's a kiss, not intercourse.

• He was exaggerating!
  • He was just joking!
  • Obama did it first!
  • Clinton did it too!
Did I leave any out?

Yes…

The “battered wife syndrome”….”If I don’t accept him, make excuses for him, excuse how he disrespects me…he won’t love me anymore.”

Sadly, these “manly men” that supposedly are vicariously living through trump are just more whores whose pussy he grabs when he wants to feel strong.

So this is why you rarely see any disagreement even when the lies are clear, the policies are ill thought out, the “swamp” that they installed in the previous elections now has to be drained….

• He was exaggerating!
  • He was just joking!
  • Obama did it first!
  • Clinton did it too!
Did I leave any out?

Yes…

The “battered wife syndrome”….”If I don’t accept him, make excuses for him, excuse how he disrespects me…he won’t love me anymore.”

Sadly, these “manly men” that supposedly are vicariously living through trump are just more whores whose pussy he grabs when he wants to feel strong.

So this is why you rarely see any disagreement even when the lies are clear, the policies are ill thought out, the “swamp” that they installed in the previous elections now has to be drained….
you lefties need to stop projecting. We have real thoughts and look at facts, you guys are the ones that tell blacks they have to vote democrat, because they're black.

One of liberals favorite things to say about Trump is that all he does is lie. He lies, his administration lies, and then he lies some more. Lies, lies, lies.

If you're old enough to remember the Bush years, liberals pretty much said the same thing about him. Everything he ever uttered was a LIE.

Quick question: why doesn't anyone ever go into all the "lies" Trump tells? I know there are lists out there that say stuff like "Trump has told 3,081 lies since he took office", but I can tell you now that's bullshit. If you bean count every inaccurate statement he or someone in his administration makes, you may be able to find a myriad of untruths, but 1) that's petty, 2) that's "cheating" (I'll explain in a second), and 3) those aren't necessarily lies.

Let's be clear about a lie is, because words have meaning. A lie is when you knowingly state a falsehood as a statement of fact. A lie isn't simply when you get something wrong or when you're mistaken about something or even when you're wrong about something you "should" know.

It's cute for news organizations to act as though they're keeping Trump honest by pointing out his lies. In theory, that's what the Fourth Estate is for: keeping honest those in power. But they know, like we know, like Trump knows, most people aren't hanging on to every word or assertion he makes and then filing away whether it was factually correct or not.

One could argue that the truth always matters, but it's not always relevant. People care whether Trump intends on trying to build a wall; they don't care about whether Trump was right when he said Washington Post journalists want to strike unless Jeff Bezos pays them more.

It's easy to ding Trump and his administration for lies when they often have to address questions off the cuff or before all the facts are known, while reporters can sit around and Google and "fact-check" all day and score points that way. And I think the media is making the same mistake they've always made with Trump: they don't take him seriously, but insist on taking him literally. Because why would Trump say one thing to the press on Tuesday, and say the exact opposite on Wednesday? Like, on a habitual basis? Either he's trolling, he speaks off the cuff about subjects he hasn't really thought through, or people looking to catch him in a lie are trying to find an inconsistency where there really is none.

Liberals, tell me some important Trump "lies". And fair warning: I'm thorough. So if you think you're going to go copypasta some list you found on fuckdrumpf.com and think I'm not going to fact-check it or call you out when it's bullshit, think again.
Try the website devoted to his lies.
2500 to pick from

Well my question is why did the Clinton campaign bring it up if it wasn't valid?
And Trump already has stated during the campaign he was wrong and Obama was born in the US. He corrected it.

and why are you guys so obsessed with questions about a birth certificate????? We're still rehashing this?

Remember when I pointed out that one of the way you Trumpkins rationalize Trump's lies is to say: Clinton did it too!- you just proved me right.

LOL- I love all of your rationalizations for Trump's lies! What a good little Trumpkin you are!
One of my favorites
You defined lie as: something not true with intent

Lets look at Trump's Birther lies:

Barack Obama showed voters his legal birth certificate in 2008. In 2011, President Obama made a special request of Hawaii for a certified copy of his original birth certificate and showed it reporters and voters. Trump questioned that birth certificate too.

Except of course- that Barack Obama never spent millions of dollars- in legal fees or otherwise 'trying to get away from this issue'. And here he was lying about it on Fox News.

Barack Obama showed his legal birth certificate in 2008. The State of Hawaii had in 2009 confirmed that they had his original birth certificate on file. Trump just lied.

President Obama showed his legal birth certificate in 2008, confirmed by Hawaii. In 2011- at least in part because of Trump's lies- Obama as noted before showed Americans a copy of his original birth certificate. Instead of being glad when he did- Trump then claimed that the birth certificate was not legitimate- even though the State of Hawaii said it was- and that he was born in Hawaii. Trump just lied.

• He was exaggerating!
  • He was just joking!
  • Obama did it first!
  • Clinton did it too!
Did I leave any out?

Yes…

you lefties need to stop projecting. We have real thoughts and look at facts,

So far we have presented you with the facts of Trump's lies- and you have rejected them.

This is a thread asking what has Trump lied about- which is why I point out that for 5 years Trump lied about President Obama.

Specifically- I was replying to you- when said a lie was a falsehood with intent.

And that was Trump for 5 years. How do we know his 'intent'? Because Trump just stopped being a Birther when he got the Republican nomination. Not because of any 'new' information, not because he admitted he was 'wrong'- he just announced he was no longer a Birther- and it was all Hillary's fault.

Remember when I pointed out that one of the way you Trumpkins rationalize Trump's lies is to say: Clinton did it too!- you just proved me right.

LOL- I love all of your rationalizations for Trump's lies! What a good little Trumpkin you are!
One of my favorites

Barack Obama showed voters his legal birth certificate in 2008. In 2011, President Obama made a special request of Hawaii for a certified copy of his original birth certificate and showed it reporters and voters. Trump questioned that birth certificate too.

Except of course- that Barack Obama never spent millions of dollars- in legal fees or otherwise 'trying to get away from this issue'. And here he was lying about it on Fox News.

Barack Obama showed his legal birth certificate in 2008. The State of Hawaii had in 2009 confirmed that they had his original birth certificate on file. Trump just lied.

President Obama showed his legal birth certificate in 2008, confirmed by Hawaii. In 2011- at least in part because of Trump's lies- Obama as noted before showed Americans a copy of his original birth certificate. Instead of being glad when he did- Trump then claimed that the birth certificate was not legitimate- even though the State of Hawaii said it was- and that he was born in Hawaii. Trump just lied.

Awwwwww, well you have your superiority and I'll have my tax cut, border wall and conservative judges.

And you need to let go of birtherism.....it's over.....

• He was exaggerating!
  • He was just joking!
  • Obama did it first!
  • Clinton did it too!
Did I leave any out?
Wow, you are nuts.

I already have.

He has never done it.
What you said:
Look show me something he talked about doing, but hasn't done anything on
Then I showed how Trump specifically promised to label China a currency manipulator in the first 100 days in office- and didn't do it.- I specifically showed you exactly what you asked for
Your response?
Rationalization.
his term isn't over, but lets see how the trade negotiations turn out

One of my favorites

Awwwwww, well you have your superiority and I'll have my tax cut, border wall and conservative judges.

And you need to let go of birtherism.....it's over.....

Once again- you Trumpkins don't disappoint in how you rationalize Trump's lies.

Also hyperbole.

So to recap:

yeah he was bullshitting with Billy bush, I get it. And that's how Hollywood works, there is a reason I have disgust for that place. But he never said he grabbem them, he said you could do it. And for kissing, do you get permission first? It's a kiss, not intercourse.

So to recap:

You want to believe that Trump is not calling himself a star in that- well that explains the reason why you rationalize all of Trump's lies

What a loyal Trumpkin you are.

• He was exaggerating!
  • He was just joking!
  • Obama did it first!
  • Clinton did it too!
Did I leave any out?
Wow, you are nuts.

I already have.

He has never done it.
What you said:
Then I showed how Trump specifically promised to label China a currency manipulator in the first 100 days in office- and didn't do it.- I specifically showed you exactly what you asked for
Your response?
Rationalization.
ok, he didn't do it in his first 100 days

Obama never closed Gitmo

he's done a ton of things I wanted and will do many more.
The problem is you guy concentrate on a lot of stupid shit.
Yes the first 100 days went and no currency manipulation. Was it a lie? technically yes, but maybe he learned something about the situation he didn't know, or maybe he's using it as a stick in current trade negotiations.
but if you think I'm gonna say Fuck Trump because of this, considering the great shit he has done, you're crazy. What is your point with this?

• He was exaggerating!
  • He was just joking!
  • Obama did it first!
  • Clinton did it too!
Did I leave any out?
Wow, you are nuts.

I already have.

He has never done it.
What you said:
Your response?
Rationalization.

LOL- again with the rationalizations- but this time you added "But Obama..."

What you said:
Your response?
Rationalization.
his term isn't over, but lets see how the trade negotiations turn out[/QUOTE]

Trump promised to do it in the first 100 days. He didn't do it. Not at all.

If you ask for an example- and when I provide an exact example of what you asked for- and you rationalize away......

You are just a good little trumpkin.

Forum List

Back