Liberals in Illinois demand firearm confiscation

tsif.jpg

Just to be clear, when did that proposed bill become law? Come back when it becomes law, and this thread won't be a total lie. Until then, it is a total lie.

Isn’t Trump the one proposing a 21 year old age limit for gun purchases?

Gun Confiscation Begins in Illinois

in deep blue state Illinois. It starts here small to be sure and its 18-20 year olds so its somewhat modest beginning but given the chance to expand it the looney left will try.
As already correctly noted: the thread premise is a lie.

It’s also remarkable how dishonest and stupid most conservatives are, that they think anyone would believe such a ridiculous lie.

70% of Americans want stricter gun control with a ban on military style assault weapons.
You fucks are always on the wrong side of history.

If that is true, then where is the credible effort to amend the Constitution to allow it? As long as the Second Amendment remains in effect, every single gun control law is flatly illegal, as would be the ban that you propose. Such laws are proposed, enacted and enforced only because we have a government of criminals that openly refuses to obey the Constitution, which is this nation's highest law. The only way that any such laws can ever legitimately be enacted is if first, the Constitution is amended to overturn the Second Amendment.

There is no credible effort to ratify such an amendment, because nobody in a position to initiate the process of amending the Constitution believes that such an effort would have any plausible chance of success. And the reason that no such effort would have any chance of success is because the public support for it just isn't there.

If the 70% support that you claim was real, then that would certainly be enough to give such an attempt at amending the Constitution enough of a reasonable chance of success to make it worth attempting. If the 80% or 90% support that I often here those on your side claiming were real, then that would be enough to almost certainly assure the success of any such attempt to amend the Constitution.

That there is no such effort underway, only proves that the claims of 90%, 80% and even your 70% support for gun control are flat-out lies.

I like all of the Constitution ... Including the Tenth Amendment.
It is legal for states to regulate firearms ... The same as it is legal for them not to..

No, it is not.

The Tenth Amendment speaks of powers belonging to the federal government, powers belonging to the states, and powers belonging to the people.

To whom does the right to keep and bear arms belong? Does it belong to the federal government? Does it belong to the states?

Hint: “…the right of the people, to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.”

It doesn't belong to the federal government, so the federal government has no legitimate power to infringe it.

It doesn't belong to the states, so the states have no legitimate power to infringe it.

It belongs to the people; and government—all levels of government—is explicitly forbidden from infringing it.

You've got nothing to have a hissy fit about if you are over 21. If you are under 21: stop bitching and wait to grow up. End of.

An 18-, 19-, or 20-year old is not a kid, but a legal adult. There is no legitimate reason whatsoever to deny him any of his essential Constitutional rights, on the basis of his age.
You should move to the Alaskan wilderness. Take all your guns, where one or two of them might even be useful for other than getting your rocks off. Eighteen to 20 year olds cannot drink, cannot rent cars, and are not allowed other rights that might endanger themselves or others. Originally, 18 year olds were allowed guns because they hunted animals. Now they hunt humans and it needs to stop. Rational people see that. Nut cases need to take all their guns and move to the Alaskan wilderness.

An 18-, 19-, or 20-year old is not a kid, but a legal adult. There is no legitimate reason whatsoever to deny him any of his essential Constitutional rights, on the basis of his age.

Eighteen to 20 year olds cannot drink, cannot rent cars, and are not allowed other rights that might endanger themselves or others.

Drinking is not a Constitutional right. Neither is renting a car. Neither, I suppose, are any of the other unspecified “rights” to which you refer.

Keeping and bearings arms is an explicitly-affirmed Constitutional right. There is no legitimate justification for discriminating against any legal adult on account of his age, in order to deny this right. In fact, such discrimination would surely violate the Equal Protection clause of the Fourteenth Amendment.

Eighteen to 20 year olds cannot drink, cannot rent cars, and are not allowed other rights that might endanger themselves or others.

Drinking is not a Constitutional right. Neither is renting a car. Neither, I suppose, are any of the other unspecified “rights” to which you refer.

Keeping and bearings arms is an explicitly-affirmed Constitutional right. There is no legitimate justification for discriminating against any legal adult on account of his age, in order to deny this right. In fact, such discrimination would surely violate the Equal Protection clause of the Fourteenth Amendment.
Where in the Constitution does it say someone is a legal adult? Where in the Constitution does it say anyone under 21 has the right to own a firearm? If those things are not specified in the Constitution, they can be dealt with now, by us.

Liberals in Illinois demand firearm confiscation

so does Trump .. see my sig

No, it is not.

The Tenth Amendment speaks of powers belonging to the federal government, powers belonging to the states, and powers belonging to the people.

To whom does the right to keep and bear arms belong? Does it belong to the federal government? Does it belong to the states?

Hint: “…the right of the people, to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.”

It doesn't belong to the federal government, so the federal government has no legitimate power to infringe it.

It doesn't belong to the states, so the states have no legitimate power to infringe it.

It belongs to the people; and government—all levels of government—is explicitly forbidden from infringing it.

Take them to court ... Like so many have already done.
I mean states do regulate firearms ... That's why the firearms laws vary between states.

You could refer to Heller ... But Washington DC isn't a state ... It is under the jurisdiction of Congress.
The Tenth reserves the right for states to govern what the Federal government doesn't (and it allows for the People to govern what the states don't).

If you have a problem with the People in your community and state ... Then I am sorry they don't respect your firearms rights.
If you do stupid shit like make it a federal issue ... And it affects my firearms rights ... When the People of the state where I live were smart enough to protect our rights ...

... I am going to be pissed ... At you.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back