Liberals don't allow freedom of speech on Halloween

lennypartiv

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2019
I bet you thought we had the freedom to pick whatever we wanted to wear for Halloween in this country. In some cases costume make a political statement, it is therefore part of our Freedom of Speech.

Liberals don't like that freedom.

---Teens blasted for blackface Halloween costume---

---Student Wears KKK Halloween Costume ---

We shouldn't let our freedoms be taken away from us like this.

I bet you thought we had the freedom to pick whatever we wanted to wear for Halloween in this country. In some cases costume make a political statement, it is therefore part of our Freedom of Speech.

Where do you get the idea that it is "liberals" who do not allow these costumes, etc?

Are there no laws in each state? Or ethics people should follow?
-----------

Question: What does blackface have to do with racism?​

Wearing blackface is hurtful because it was — and is — used to create a caricature of Black Americans, exaggerating the Black form and reinforcing racist perceptions. Historically it has been used to perpetuate the fallacy that Black people are inferior to white people. Starting in the 1800s, white American actors performing in minstrel shows would rub their faces with shoe polish or greasepaint to impersonate and act out racist stereotypes of Black people.

These minstrel shows were widely popularized and enjoyed by white audiences who wanted to dehumanize Black people so they could continue to view and treat Black people as less than human.

[Maybe you do not have a problem with racism, yesterdays or todays, but.........the KKK clothings are not a good choice for obvious reasons]

For many years the KKK quite literally could get away with murder. The Ku Klux Klan was an instrument of fear, and black people, Jews and even white civil rights workers knew that the fear was intended to control us, to keep things as they had been in the South through slavery, and after that ended, through Jim Crow. This fear of the Klan was very real because, for a long time, the Klan had the power of Southern society on its side.

But in time that changed. It is a tribute to our laws that the Klan gradually was unmasked and its illegal activities checked.

Now, of course, I turn on my television set and see people in Klan robes or military uniforms again handing out hate literature on the town square. I read in my newspaper of crosses again burned in folks’ yards, and it seems as if we are back in the Sixties.

Some say the Klan today should just be ignored. Frankly, I’d like to do that. I’m tired of wasting my time on the KKK. I have better things to do.

But history won’t let me ignore current events. Those who would use violence to deny others their rights can’t be ignored. The law must be exercised to stay strong. And even racists can learn to respect the law.

(full article online)

There were very, very few trick or treaters here in Arizona on Halloween. The Democrats, the drug cartels and candy colored Fentanyl have killed Halloween at least here.

There were very, very few trick or treaters here in Arizona on Halloween. The Democrats, the drug cartels and candy colored Fentanyl have killed Halloween at least here.
What amazing lies to attack the Democrats.

But.....DO go on.....

Your statement is contradictory. If someone opposes our freedom of speech, they are very far from liberal. They are authoritarian, not liberal.

They are not actually liberals, they merely "identify" as liberals.

Last edited:
Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but what is the temperature like during this time of the year in Arizona? I have never been there.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but what is the temperature like during this time of the year in Arizona? I have never been there.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

When we went to Arizona many years ago we learned the hard way that Flagstaff, and the top of the Grand Canyon, is not Phoenix. We went in April expecting warm spring weather. At the Grand Canyon it was like 40 degrees, whereas in Phoenix it was already hotter than blazes. Great diversity in temps depending on where you are!

(btw, the bottom of the Canyon that day was in the 70s!)

Your statement is contradictory. If someone opposes our freedom of speech, they are very far from liberal. They are authoritarian, not liberal.
They are not actually liberals, they merely "identify" as liberals.
Yet the liberals who run our schools set the limits to freedom stated in the above posts.

Forum List

Back