liberal writer Matt Taibbi: the Russia-Trump hoax is this generation's WMD

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
he got into a match with Bill Maher over this last Friday, that's why i'm reviving the story. apologies if you don't have HBO

"Liberal writer". I find Matt Taibbi to be a well researched honest writer. Does that make him "liberal"? Why do we find this need to label people?

• Banned
"Liberal writer". I find Matt Taibbi to be a well researched honest writer. Does that make him "liberal"? Why do we find this need to label people?
his book about Trump is callled "Insane Clown President", where he compares Trump to Andrew Dice Clay, among other observations

not exactly calling it down the middle

his book about Trump is callled "Insane Clown President", where he compares Trump to Andrew Dice Clay, among other observations

not exactly calling it down the middle

Pretty spot on. It's been noted many times even by his supporters that if he hadn't been such a clown he would have won again. It's hardly just "liberals" that have noted this.

Taibbi is my favorite journalist. He's a traditional liberal who has absolutely zero (0) problem being honest about the bullshit on his side of the spectrum. He asks great questions, he makes great points. He's curious, he's honest, and he listens -- three tragically rare qualities these days. I don't always agree with him, but I have great respect for him.

If only the country had more like him.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Matti Taibbi was the golden boy of the liberal media. Now he's one of its fiercest antagonists

from the NYT:

Taibbi is — or was, depending on your view — one of the most celebrated investigative journalists of his generation. In the 2000s, during the height of the financial crisis, he was lauded for his incisive, bilious takedowns of Wall Street. Today, Taibbi is flush. His Substack newsletter, TK News, is one of the most popular on the site, boasting more than 30,000 paying subscribers. Which means, at $50 a pop, he easily can clear $1 million annually, making him a member of the one percent. “I’m certainly not going to feel guilty for having success at Substack for saying things I believe are true. I’ve been very consistent over the years in saying the same things,” Taibbi said. “I feel pretty strongly that the only thing that’s changed is that the New York media world once agreed with the things I was saying, and now they don’t.”

The New York media never supported his Wall Street arguments.

Forum List

Back