Liberal teachers are kind of funny

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
I know many professors who are liberal and are so liberal that they are a few steps from joining the communist party. However, there are many of these professors who really do try to be unbiased towards their students but they fail misrerably at it for many reasons. The first is that their unbianess is not genuine so there positive view of conservative issues is expressed in a very unpositive tone. They just can't hide their contempt for anything non liberal and It is just funny to watch. It is like watching cnn commenting on the republican debates. It's funny to watch them try to contain their real contempt for republicans.

These liberal teachers are at least trying because there are some liberal teachers who want to fail every conservative student they see. On the other hand, conservative students may want to not treat every liberal opinion as an attempt to indoctrinate the youth. It may be that some people just have liberal opinions of which we are all allowed to have in this country.

I think most people will be happy with that. The right to express our view without the fear of punishment by someone in charge. This is the only way ideas can freely exist in this country.

God bless the USA.

I have little to no issues with Conservatives, but nothing but hatred for Reactionaries. A true liberal and a true conservative can cut deals all the day long, you just don't know any of either stripe...

Needless to say the conservative students have to blame the professors when they expose the misinformation they were taught while being home schooled by their equally ignorant parents.

They are strange unaccountable creatures inhabiting a strange, artificial environment.

I always made A's in English and Literature. I remember entering a 200 level Lit class and introducing myself to the professor. He had a late night jazz show on the college radio station and we talked about it and hit it off.

The next Thursday when I walked into his class in my Air Force R.O.T.C. uniform, I thought his head was going to explode. He was apoplectic to the point of distraction. Needless to say, my grades in his class suffered terribly but the lesson in liberal tolerance was well worth it.

Later in the course, he assigned us "The Death of the Ball Turret Gunner" by Randall Jarrell, for interpretation. At the next class, he called on two students to read their interpretations. He sat squirming in his chair while two students read their assessments. Finally, he stood and cut off the second student and launched a tirade about how the poem was about homosexuality in the military--how every word dripped homosexuality. Everyone sat there in embarrassed silence thinking :cuckoo:.

It was a good thing this guy was protected by tenure and didn't have to work in the real world.

"The academic hothouse breeds a lamentable number of fragile intellects among the faculty. The noxious combination of arrogance (as presumed superior minds) and an environment sheltered from the harsh reality of markets results a vast class of professors adamantly insisting on laughably naïve, ignorant, and foolish ideas."
--Thomas Lifson

The main reason why college instructors (going to the Professor level) are liberal is a lack of Real World experience. It is natural for young people to fret about poverty, homelessness, hurt feelings, and all that, and to imagine that if Government did things right all of this could be resolved by taking money from those who have "too much," and giving it to those who have "too Iittle."

Having to support yourself through gainful employment is life's best teacher, and a cure for this childish life-view. Unfortunately, being a college instructor does not provide these lessons, so those in Academe go through life with this sophomoric viewpoint, indoctrinating their students as they go.

Forum List

Back