Liberal media crying it's unfair for conservatives to appropriate "fake news" meme

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
I guess it's beside the point that the liberal media has been caught lying since the New York Times covered up the deliberate starvation of the Ukraine by Stalin.

Or that the 3 million homeless of the 80s never existed.

Or that the Dan Rather/Bush National Guard records were obviously faked using Microsoft Fonts

Or NBC edited the 9-11 call from George Zimmerman to make him sound racist.

And I could go on and on. Liberals are experts in "fake news."

But since they got their butts handed to them this election, they have taken up this cry of "fake news."

What does "fake news" mean, you might ask? Oh it's means "how dare those conservatives challenge our monopoly on the news!

But it isn't working out so well for them because two can play at that game and if the left wing media is going to stop "fake news" then they had better stop putting out fake news.

But they haven't and it's backfiring as places like Breitbart keeps exposing fake news from the left:

10 Ways the CIA 'Russian Hacking' Story is Left-Wing 'Fake News'

8 Times Hillary Clinton Pushed Fake News

FAKE NEWS: NBC News Issues Correction After Falsely Branding MILO as ‘White Nationalist' - Breitbart

www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2016/11/21/fake-news-new-york-times-joseph-goldstein-falsely-claims-breitbart-birther/

Sheriff Clarke: 'Fake News' Started With 'Hands Up, Don't Shoot' Lie - Breitbart

That's just a smattering of it.

But, once again, the left can dish it out, but they certainly can't take it. They are whining for conservatives to stop turning the light on them.

NYT: ‘Fake News’ Backfires as Breitbart, Conservatives ‘Appropriated the Term
NYT: 'Fake News' Backfires as Breitbart, Conservatives 'Appropriated the Term' - Breitbart

Washington Post Cries Uncle: Stop Using ‘Tainted’ Term ‘Fake News’
Washington Post Cries Uncle: Stop Using 'Tainted' Term 'Fake News' - Breitbart

Oh they do a lot of crying about how "unfair" conservatives are being, but when you get right down to it, it boils down to liberals who started a war with conservative media and forgot in a war, both sides get to fire.

Liberals in the media are incapable of moving into this century. They are stuck in a mindset they still hold all the power and all the media avenues.

Poor babies. I'm afraid it's going to be a hard next four to eight years.

Pop the popcorn gang. The fun is just beginning!

:party:

Some of us have known for decades that the media often promotes fake news, and some of us have chosen to believe the fake news.

Some of us have known for decades that the media often promotes fake news, and some of us have chosen to believe the fake news.
That is what really gets me about this new fake news talking point. It has been used to write off new sources that are not main stream outlets but the reality is that main stream news outlets are just as culpable in passing off garbage as real news.

Fake news is everywhere, you have to actually turn your brain on when reading and watching if you do not want to be taken for a fool.

I woke up to it in 1980 when I lived in Idaho. I lived between 2 time zones.

I got NBC news and then I got ABC news one hour later.

On NBC they covered a speech that (then) candidate Reagan gave to Iowa Farmers.

Well Carter had done the Russian grain embargo which was VERY unpopular with grain belt Farmers and the Farmers were hooping and applauding Reagan's speech.

ABC covered the same speech an hour later and I noted in this speech all the applause was edited out to make it look as if stone faced farmers did not like the speech.

It was a deliberate attempt by liberals to make it look as if Farmers were not supporting Reagan.

Of course they couldn't edit out election day results.

But that's when I woke up to how dishonest the "mainstream" media was and I was only 18 at the time.

That is what really gets me about this new fake news talking point. It has been used to write off new sources that are not main stream outlets but the reality is that main stream news outlets are just as culpable in passing off garbage as real news.

Fake news is everywhere, you have to actually turn your brain on when reading and watching if you do not want to be taken for a fool.

What it boils down to, is they realize their efforts to sabotage Trump didn't work and the reason for it is Trump got his message out via Twitter and the conservative media.

They are feeling threatened and they tried to smear this in the eyes of the public as all "fake news."

Just like they failed to smear Trump, they are failing in this smear as well.

It's fun to watch.

Well Carter had done the Russian grain embargo which was VERY unpopular with grain belt Farmers and the Farmers were hooping and applauding Reagan's speech.

ABC covered the same speech an hour later and I noted in this speech all the applause was edited out to make it look as if stone faced farmers did not like the speech.

It was a deliberate attempt by liberals to make it look as if Farmers were not supporting Reagan.

But that's when I woke up to how dishonest the "mainstream" media was and I was only 18 at the time.
I recall arguing with my brother, sister, and my future darling wife in the early 80s about the biased lying media. They all disagreed with me, though all were not lefties.

As you mentioned in the OP, the NY Slimes was lying about Stalin back in the 1930s...they were promoting fake news even then.

Fuck the MSM...this is one of the things we all need to admire Trump for. He has exposed the scumbag media. I love it.

I recall arguing with my brother, sister, and my future darling wife in the early 80s about the biased lying media. They all disagreed with me, though all were not lefties.

As you mentioned in the OP, the NY Slimes was lying about Stalin back in the 1930s...they were promoting fake news even then.

Fuck the MSM...this is one of the things we all need to admire Trump for. He has exposed the scumbag media. I love it.

Well a lot of people thought stalwarts like Cronkite were the face of news.

I think Rush Limbaugh and the new media has woken them up to the fact that liberals were only presenting a very slanted side to news.

Well a lot of people thought stalwarts like Cronkite were the face of news.

I think Rush Limbaugh and the new media has woken them up to the fact that liberals were only presenting a very slanted side to news.
Americans are terribly divided today and I think much this is the result of a biased lying leftist media. They inflame Americans with their lies and distortions. Trump is a perfect example. Many really think he is a Nazi or worse.

I guess it's beside the point that the liberal media has been caught lying since the New York Times covered up the deliberate starvation of the Ukraine by Stalin.

Or that the Dan Rather/Bush National Guard records were obviously faked using Microsoft Fonts

But since they got their butts handed to them this election, they have taken up this cry of "fake news."

What does "fake news" mean, you might ask? Oh it's means "how dare those conservatives challenge our monopoly on the news!

But it isn't working out so well for them because two can play at that game and if the left wing media is going to stop "fake news" then they had better stop putting out fake news.

But they haven't and it's backfiring as places like Breitbart keeps exposing fake news from the left:

FAKE NEWS: NBC News Issues Correction After Falsely Branding MILO as ‘White Nationalist' - Breitbart

www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2016/11/21/fake-news-new-york-times-joseph-goldstein-falsely-claims-breitbart-birther/

Sheriff Clarke: 'Fake News' Started With 'Hands Up, Don't Shoot' Lie - Breitbart

But, once again, the left can dish it out, but they certainly can't take it. They are whining for conservatives to stop turning the light on them.

NYT: 'Fake News' Backfires as Breitbart, Conservatives 'Appropriated the Term' - Breitbart

Oh they do a lot of crying about how "unfair" conservatives are being, but when you get right down to it, it boils down to liberals who started a war with conservative media and forgot in a war, both sides get to fire.

Liberals in the media are incapable of moving into this century. They are stuck in a mindset they still hold all the power and all the media avenues.

The New York Times is not a Liberal newspaper.

Good point, plane crashes exist so planes are irrelevant and dangerous.

Bush lied about WMD''s so all presidents are liars.

I once had a pet dog that bit someone, all dogs are vicious animals not to be trusted.

I thought I had to far once and it was more than jus a fart, your body has got it wrong before who's to say you're alive?

Yeah and Rush Limbaugh isn't a conservative commentator.

See how easy that is? Just say it, and people are supposed to believe it.

At least that's how it works in liberal land.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Good point, plane crashes exist so planes are irrelevant and dangerous.

Bush lied about WMD''s so all presidents are liars.

I once had a pet dog that bit someone, all dogs are vicious animals not to be trusted.

I thought I had to far once and it was more than jus a fart, your body has got it wrong before who's to say you're alive?

If Bush lied about WMDS then so did Hillary.

Why'd you vote for her!

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
-- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

Actually so-called "Rush Limbaugh" is a fat loudmouth.

Thank you for proving me right.

All you revealed was your own bias, nothing about Rush OR the New York Times.

The Times doesn't seemed biased to you BECAUSE it says what you want to hear and that seems "normal."

Rush is a "loud mouth" because he doesn't say what you like.

Thus you proved nothing but your own bias, thanks for playing.

No, not at all:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/25/opinion/sunday/hillary-clinton-for-president.html

The Times doesn't seemed biased to you BECAUSE it says what you want to hear and that seems "normal."

I see you are on first name terms with multimillionaire fatso drug addict "Rush". How about that.

I see you are on first name terms with multimillionaire fatso drug addict "Rush". How about that.

That you lost on the New York Times bit and you tried that bit of desperation to change the subject to one about me.

How about dat!

(We really need an age restriction on this site. I think 35 and up would be good :biggrin: )

:lmao:

You elected a Birther. Birtherism was the number one fake news story for years.

Oh poor baby, Trump demanded Obama's birth certificate?

I guess that's OUTRAGEOUS while Hillary and Dems demanding Trumps tax records is okay.

Nice try libs but it isn't "fake news" to ask for documents.

Releasing a golden showers report that turned out to be totally made up is fake news.

Get over it.

Your side lost again.

You elected a Birther. Birtherism was the number one fake news story for years.

Oh poor baby, Trump demanded Obama's birth certificate?

I guess that's OUTRAGEOUS while Hillary and Dems demanding Trumps tax records is okay.

Nice try libs but it isn't "fake news" to ask for documents.

Releasing a golden showers report that turned out to be totally made up is fake news.

Get over it.

Your side lost again.
Spreading unsubstantiated rumors about a president is as fake as it gets.

Forum List

Back