Liberal journalist defended and blocked childhood friend for voting for Trump

hardcoreconservative98

Certifiable Conservative
Mar 22, 2017
New Jersey
*Liberal journalist defriended is what I meant in the headline, typo.

This whole piece is a bunch of high-horsed, sanctimonious drivel. This "tolerant" liberal unfriended a woman on Facebook and blocked her, a woman he'd known all his life, for the crime of voting for Trump. Some particularly unhinged excerpts:
The thought of speaking with you, just when maybe the anger has simmered somewhat, becomes more unsettling ― and enrages me further ― as each day’s news breaks.

How could I continue a friendship with you knowing that you voted for rolling back my rights as a gay man – most of Trump’s cabinet choices are vehemently opposed to LGBT rights – and the rights of millions of women and people of color? ...

I thought about it for a while, and then decided to unfriend you. Then, days later, I blocked you. If you do reach out with a voice mail or a text, I will likely not return it. Some have said in the days since the election that they can’t believe people are ending friendships and family relationships over “politics.” They’d say that I’m being silly, petty, or overreacting.

But this election was and continues to be about so much more than “politics.” This is about values and respect. It’s about bigotry and hate. It’s about millions of people’s rights being threatened, including my rights as a gay man and yours as a woman. It’s about putting our entire democracy in danger of transforming into an autocracy, and legitimizing and making alliances with our worst adversaries, whose goal is to dominate us.

:blahblah::anj_stfu:

Ugh, this guy is such a melodramatic idiot, it's not even funny. I'm a young 19-year-old conservative Republican who cast my first presidential vote for Trump last year, and enthusiastically supported him then, and still do.

My parents, both of whom are Democrats who supported Clinton, and know full well about my politics and my vote for Trump, and nevertheless we still love each other and had a great time during Spring Break when I was off from college.
I'm also friends with people at my college who voted for Hillary, and knew that I voted for Trump. We still get along just as fine as before, and they didn't feel the need to go into unhinged whining episodes and never talk to me again.

There's something else I must confess: I am a black Republican. A rare breed, I know. And this guy's drivel about how Trump is going to rollback the "rights of millions of women and people of color" are absolute bullshit. When did Trump advocate for this? Yes, he did indeed indicate his support for the brave police officers and sheriffs in this country, people who have been demonized by the far-left for years, and continue to be by ultraliberal, anti-police groups such as Black Lives Matter who dangerous sweep all cops with the broad brush of racism whenever one bad apple unlawfully shoots a black person (and when the shooting of the black person in question was actually justified as the cops were acting in self-defense against the black suspect, the far-left will still demonize cops nonstop).

Trump also indicated he would crackdown on illegal immigration, as well as criminal aliens in particular, after Obama's lax enforcement of our immigration laws and unconstitutional executive amnesty orders gave relief to people who flagrantly broke our laws and insulted legal immigrants who did it the right way. Most of these illegal aliens are Hispanic, yes, which is only natural as the border is connected to Mexico, a Hispanic country. There is nothing racist about enforcing immigration laws with vigor and determination, and it certainly doesn't rollback the "rights" of people who came here illegally.

Jesus, I just don't fucking understand some liberals who preach "tolerance" on the one hand, and will go so far as to end a relationship with someone over differing politics on the other hand. He denies this was about "politics", but he broke off their friendship precisely because she voted for Donald Trump, a man whose politics this guy clearly reviles. It's the very definition of ending a friendship over politics, despite people's denials.

Thank God the vast majority of liberals in this country don't think like this delicate, self-centered prick.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back