Liberal college professor revealed to be teen killer who murdered his family in 1967

Jroc

יעקב כהן
Oct 19, 2010
Michigan
More Liberal nutjobs teaching our kids :cuckoo:

7dad76be-b547-4d0e-b8c7-b0fa31594095_zpsd3e66660.jpg

A popular psychology professor at an Illinois college was unveiled as a teenage killer who murdered his family 46 years ago and began an award-winning career after serving just six years for an insanity bid.

The pony-tailed professor, Dr. James St. James, the head of Millikin University's psychology department, was outed by a Texas reporter with the Georgetown Advocate, a newspaper based in the town where St. James fatally shot his parents and 17-year-old sister on Aug. 4, 1967. The then-15-year-old, under his born name James Wolcott, spent six years in a mental institute after being found not guilty of the murders by reason of insanity.

After he was released, at 21, he changed his name and began an academic career in psychology.

"I'm just shocked, absolutely shocked," Lana Hinshaw Klan, a videographer who took one of St. James' classes while enrolled at the small liberal college, told CBS 2 News. "He really is a good guy. I have really fond memories, and I feel sorry for him, because now his life is all turned upside down."

And even the Decator, lll., school of about 2,400 students appears to support the 61-year-old professor. "Millikin University has only recently been made aware of Dr. St. James' past," the school said in a statement. "Given the traumatic experiences of his childhood, Dr. St. James' efforts to rebuild his life and obtain a successful professional career have been remarkable. The University expects Dr. St. James to teach at Millikin this fall."

St. James has been able to hide the gruesome details since the horrific triple murder rocked the sleepy Austin suburb more than four decades ago, when his parents and sister were found murdered in their home. The teenaged James Wolcott used a .22-caliber rifle to fatally shoot his father, Gordon Wolcott, a prominent professor and head of the biology department at Southwestern U, in the living room at about 10 p.m. The armed teen then went into his 17-year-old sister Libby's bedroom, where he killed her with bullets to her chest and head. His mother, Elizabeth, burst out of her bedroom because of the gunblast, but the gun-toting teen quickly shot her twice in the head.

Cops eventually cuffed the the teenaged boy, who admitted that he planned to kill his family during his murder trial. The young James Wolcott claimed that he knew he was suffering from mental illness, which was enhanced by his weeks of huffing airplane glue.

He told investigators that he "hated" his family and believed that they were trying to destroy him. He blamed his mother for chewing her food too loudly and his sister's bad accent as part of a plan to drive him mad. He confessed to a classmate that he was angry at his father for not allowing him to grow his hair or march in a peace rally. He said his father wouldn't let him wear anti-Vietnam war buttons.

Esteemed college professor, 61, revealed to be teen killer who murdered his family in 1967

someone already started a thread on this yesterday :yawn:

ok how about we make this a thread on all liberal nutjob college professors?:cuckoo:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRPTZF5zSLQ]Mad college professor claims nobody murdered by Stalin - YouTube[/ame]

He was found not guilty by reason of insanity. If you don't like the way the system works, then write your congressman. But don't paint all liberals with your broad brush for his actions. If he even IS a liberal. Considering the source, I highly doubt it.

He was found not guilty by reason of insanity. If you don't like the way the system works, then write your congressman. But don't paint all liberals with your broad brush for his actions. If he even IS a liberal. Considering the source, I highly doubt it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Aoq_cjslg4]University stands by professor who killed his family - YouTube[/ame]

I've seen no indication that this man is a "liberal" he teaches at a Presbyterian University (Millikin University not exactly an Ivory Tower of liberalism) and has apparently had a spotless record and distinguished career since the incident 45 YEARS AGO occurred (one which he was acquitted on insanity grounds). Is there no forgiveness in our society anymore? Hasn't he earned his redemption?

What is the purpose of digging up this guys past from so long ago when we have 45 years of history that indicates an honest man and dedicated teacher? this is clearly an attempt by the media to create an issue where none exists simply for sensationalism sake and now the partisans are attempting to use this poor guy as a petty partisan prop, shameful.

I've seen no indication that this man is a "liberal" he teaches at a Presbyterian University (Millikin University not exactly an Ivory Tower of liberalism) and has apparently had a spotless record and distinguished career since the incident 45 YEARS AGO occurred (one which he was acquitted on insanity grounds). Is there no forgiveness in our society anymore? Hasn't he earned his redemption?

What is the purpose of digging up this guys past from so long ago when we have 45 years of history that indicates an honest man and dedicated teacher? this is clearly an attempt by the media to create an issue where none exists simply for sensationalism sake and now the partisans are attempting to use this poor guy as a petty partisan prop, shameful.

With all due respect the article states quite clearly that it is a small liberal college.

"I'm just shocked, absolutely shocked," Lana Hinshaw Klan, a videographer who took one of St. James' classes while enrolled at the small liberal college,

With all due respect the article states quite clearly that it is a small liberal college.

"I'm just shocked, absolutely shocked," Lana Hinshaw Klan, a videographer who took one of St. James' classes while enrolled at the small liberal college,

Well at least they got the "small" part correct, which is an above average accomplishment for sensationalism hounds trying to pass themselves off as journalists, "liberal" is of course an opinion that one suspects was added in the hopes of sparking the partisan bickering that gets stories to the top of the page in the infotainment sphere.

If one were honest and objective one would have characterized Millikin as a "Small Presbyterian University" , it is small in the field of universities, it is Presbyterian due to it's ties with Presbyterian Church (there since it's founding in 1901) and it is a UNIVERSITY, it isn't particularly "liberal" when one looks at it in comparison to the entirety of the University Population in the U.S. or even just looking at only small universities.

Maybe you should say that to paula dean, all she did was say a word.

What does Paula Dean have to do with this case? Or were you attempting to start up yet another fun filled game of two wrongs make a right?

What does Paula Dean have to do with this case? Or were you attempting to start up yet another fun filled game of two wrongs make a right?

What wrong? The guy killed his whole family people should know who is teaching their children.... Psychology yet unreal:cuckoo:

What wrong? The guy killed his whole family people should know who is teaching their children....
Yes he did 45 YEARS AGO, he was acquitted by reason of insanity, served 6 years in a mental institution, was found sane (no threat to society), released and has by all known accounts been a model citizen and a distinguished teacher since then, again I ask, what possible rational is there for bringing this up now? I mean besides to create a partisan football regardless of whether or not it destroys a mans hard won reputation and ruins his life.

What wrong? The guy killed his whole family people should know who is teaching their children....
Yes he did 45 YEARS AGO, he was acquitted by reason of insanity, served 6 years in a mental institution, was found sane (no threat to society), released and has by all known accounts been a model citizen and a distinguished teacher since then, again I ask, what possible rational is there for bringing this up now? I mean besides to create a partisan football regardless of whether or not it destroys a mans hard won reputation and ruins his life.

Oh..Ok in that case how about we nominate him for saint hood:eusa_eh: the guy killed his whole friken family I could give a s hit about 6 years in a mental institution.

What do you propose be done with him?

He was tried, found not guilty by insanity and has recuperated and shown he is no threat to society

He was tried, found not guilty by insanity and has recuperated and shown he is no threat to society

Already been done, 45 years of re-building his reputation and his life, now a smoking crater, chalk up another victory for American journalistic "integrity", way to go guys.

Already been done, 45 years of re-building his reputation and his life, now a smoking crater, chalk up another victory for American journalistic "integrity", way to go guys.

Your concern for a mass murder is heart warming..this guy should have been locked up for the rest of this life

Last edited:
The school and his students stand by him. If they don't have a murderer as professor, they have someone who is insane, or is clever enough to have appeared insane for a period of time, as professor.

Of course he should not be teaching anything in any classroom. But, he is just a killer and if a killer is otherwise politically correct to liberals there is no crime.

45 years is enough to prove he is not a threat to society. He has been responsible, pays taxes and contributes to society

Forum List

Back