Liberal AZ Judge Rules Nobody Has To Carry I.D.

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
So is this Judge saying we don't have to carry any documentation?

Legal immigrants don't have to carry Green Cards anymore?

Legal scholars state that her ruling is illegal according to federal law.

A non-citizen residing in the US must carry their Green Cards or face deportation. Now this Clinton appointee says they don't.

The case is now going to the 9th Circus Court and when they side with her against federal law it will go to the Supreme Court and her ruling will be overturned.

Oh.....and for anyone who thinks they won....the ruling states that law enforcement officials can still enforce the law, counter to claims that state otherwise, she just says that officials are not bound to enforce the law. So illegals will still be questioned and asked to produce documents that prove their citizenship...but the media is giving everyone the impression that they can't. Why is that?

Also she says that Sanctuary Cities are illegal.

So what the heck is going on here? Why is everyone saying she's siding with the Obama Administration but her ruling seems only to look the other way and allow the law to go into effect?

Could it be that Obama wants it to look like he's fighting for Hispanics when he isn't?

A non-citizen residing in the US must carry their Green Cards or face deportation. Now this Clinton appointee says they don't.

The case is now going to the 9th Circus Court and when they side with her against federal law it will go to the Supreme Court and her ruling will be overturned.

Oh.....and for anyone who thinks they won....the ruling states that law enforcement officials can still enforce the law, counter to claims that state otherwise, she just says that officials are not bound to enforce the law. So illegals will still be questioned and asked to produce documents that prove their citizenship...but the media is giving everyone the impression that they can't. Why is that?

So what the heck is going on here? Why is everyone saying she's siding with the Obama Administration but her ruling seems only to look the other way and allow the law to go into effect?

Could it be that Obama wants it to look like he's fighting for Hispanics when he isn't?

Don't be stupid. She said, if you are brown no one can ask you for ID. If you are brown you aren't subject to any law.. Got that?

do you have a link to the law that states this....my wife is canadian and i do not recall her having to carry her "green" card at all times, only if she went back into canada

The best way for an illegal to avoid incarceration is to not provide any documentation even when asked. They didn't need a judge, rather, just some uncommon sense.

do you have a link to the law that states this....my wife is canadian and i do not recall her having to carry her "green" card at all times, only if she went back into canada

many immigrants may not be aware of the fact that it is a legal requirement for Permanent Residents to carry their Permanent Resident Card with them at all times. If and only when a Permanent Residence chooses to become a naturalised citizen of America will they relinquish their Permanent Resident Card and no longer have to carry it with them. Under the "Now that you are a Permanent Resident" heading on the USCIS web site, it states: "The Permanent Resident Card, Form I-551, is issued to all Permanent Residents as evidence of alien registration and their Permanent status in the US. The card must be in your possession at all times."

USCIS Home Page

Are Immigrants Required to Carry Their Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) at All Times? - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

After a Green Card is Granted

A green card is issued to all permanent residents as proof that they are authorized to live and work in the United States. If you are a permanent resident age 18 or older, you are required to have a valid green card in your possession at all times.

USCIS - After a Green Card is Granted

Oh and another thing....this crazy judge sited that enforcing immigration laws are too burdensome.

Wow....that's like it came right out of Obama's mouth.

many immigrants may not be aware of the fact that it is a legal requirement for Permanent Residents to carry their Permanent Resident Card with them at all times. If and only when a Permanent Residence chooses to become a naturalised citizen of America will they relinquish their Permanent Resident Card and no longer have to carry it with them. Under the "Now that you are a Permanent Resident" heading on the USCIS web site, it states: "The Permanent Resident Card, Form I-551, is issued to all Permanent Residents as evidence of alien registration and their Permanent status in the US. The card must be in your possession at all times."

USCIS Home Page

Are Immigrants Required to Carry Their Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) at All Times? - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

After a Green Card is Granted

A green card is issued to all permanent residents as proof that they are authorized to live and work in the United States. If you are a permanent resident age 18 or older, you are required to have a valid green card in your possession at all times.

USCIS - After a Green Card is Granted

thanks....it was a few years ago and i didn't remember...if she had to or not

Last edited:
Papers! Show me your papers!

from what mudwhistle posted....legal immigrants are required to carry their papers at all times....

hmmmmm...care to froth up any more faux outrage?

How about legal citizens?

Papers...show me your papers!

:eusa_eh:

so you're outraged that non-citizens have to show papers?

where was your outrage before the AZ law? oh thats right....there was none...hence your faux outrage

I think this immigration BS in AZ is all an attempt by Obama to get even with them for requiring him to produce a valid birth certificate to have his name placed on the ballot.

Are you suggesting that one must carry National ID in Europe today? One can easily go from one country to the next without showing a passport as one used to.

I think that's what I stated.
OK, obviously you don't travel much.

Not since the 90s when it was a requirement.

I know it has changed since the Iron Curtain came down.

But you seem to not be able to comprehend what I'm posting.

Forum List

Back