Liar-In-Chief Slams Michigan’s Right-To-Work Law During Fiscal Cliff Speech…

False sense of self-worth. They are concerned that they will be a more valuable employee than one or more other employees, but will be compensated the same. This is, of course, delusional on their part. They will happily take less as long as they can say that they get more than someone else.

If I'm a conscientious, hard-working union member, why shouldn't I get paid more than the lazy slob working beside me? The contract says we both make the same. Therefore, I have no incentive to continue being conscientious and hard-working. Why should I bust my ass when I can get paid for sitting on my ass like the guy next to me?

Without the union, you will be paid less. The lazy sob will be paid less too. But YOUR wages and benefits will be lower. What is your incentive then?

As I said, you have a false sense of self worth. You need collective bargaining to ensure that YOU get what you are worth. But your primary concern is that someone else might get more than they are worth. Of course, being delusional, you expect that you will be able to negotiate for yourself....and get more. Or....you think your employer will recognize your superhuman effort and pay you what you are worth out of fairness.
Unsurprisingly, what you say is incorrect. You need to be part of a collective. You have trouble operating as an individual.

As an individual, you have the right to negotiate your own wages and benefits.

The fact that you see individualism as delusional speaks volumes about you. And it's not flattering.

so apparently the right and ability to unionize is terrible, and giving employees the ability to collectively bargain for better wages is also terrible.

can someone on the right explain this to everyone? why wouldnt you want to the ability to negotiate better wages and benefits?

False sense of self-worth. They are concerned that they will be a more valuable employee than one or more other employees, but will be compensated the same. This is, of course, delusional on their part. They will happily take less as long as they can say that they get more than someone else.

If I'm a conscientious, hard-working union member, why shouldn't I get paid more than the lazy slob working beside me? The contract says we both make the same. Therefore, I have no incentive to continue being conscientious and hard-working. Why should I bust my ass when I can get paid for sitting on my ass like the guy next to me?

You do not think that happens in a place of work without unions

Without the union, you will be paid less. The lazy sob will be paid less too. But YOUR wages and benefits will be lower. What is your incentive then?

As I said, you have a false sense of self worth. You need collective bargaining to ensure that YOU get what you are worth. But your primary concern is that someone else might get more than they are worth. Of course, being delusional, you expect that you will be able to negotiate for yourself....and get more. Or....you think your employer will recognize your superhuman effort and pay you what you are worth out of fairness.
Unsurprisingly, what you say is incorrect. You need to be part of a collective. You have trouble operating as an individual.

The fact that you see individualism as delusional speaks volumes about you. And it's not flattering.

Without the union the wages will decrease for you the individual

I've asked this question before elsewhere, but I've never gotten a rational answer.

What gives a union member a greater right to work than a non-union member?

Because non union people are willing to settle for less. Look at the wages in right to work states vs union states.

YOU may need a collective to disguise your inadequacy and get a decent paycheck, but competent folks don't.

Incentive is lost when you become part of a collective, and there is NO reason to excel. Lifer union sloths just "do enough", and that's all they have to do. Pretty sad way to live and work IMO.

so apparently the right and ability to unionize is terrible, and giving employees the ability to collectively bargain for better wages is also terrible.

can someone on the right explain this to everyone? why wouldnt you want to the ability to negotiate better wages and benefits?

your argument makes the assumptions that all employees under a union are paid the exact same, which is not the case. Unions are able to negotiate wage levels that are typically higher then in non union situations. but all employees are not paid the same wage

You do not think that happens in a place of work without unions
Of course it does. But that lazy bastard next to me can get fired for non-performance, and I'm free to negotiate higher wages for my outstanding performance.

Can't do that in the union, can you? Matter of fact, hard workers are often told they're making the rest of the union look bad. They're told to slow down.

Yeah. How'd that work out for the Hostess bakers?

I've asked this question before elsewhere, but I've never gotten a rational answer.

its not about the "right to work", a union give the member the ability to collectively bargain with his or her fellow co-workers for improved wages and benefits. the employer does not have to simply lay down and accept what the workers are demanding. unfortunately there were a lot of bad labor contracts that were negotiated in the recent past. however it is because of unions that we have the 40 hours work week, maternity pay, holiday pay, sick pay, vacation pay and work place safety standards. Union workers also on average are paid a better wage than employees in similar positions for other organizations.

have there been bad labor contracts, absolutely, but eliminating all unions is not the solution to this problem.

Daveman, stop Daving, please.

We are not talking about me. I am self employed.....the individual.....the boss. We were talking about the hypothetical worker. you, being delusional, think the typical worker is in a position to negotiate for himself or herself in a manner that is superior to that of an organized union. You are fucking wrong.

Yeah. How'd that work out for the Hostess bakers?

Too bad no one was buying their crappy products anymore

video at site
Worse President EVER

SNIP:
Jaw-dropping lie alert: Obama tells workers right-to-work laws “take away your rights to bargain for better wages,” in reality it stops workers from being forced to join a union as a condition of employment. Nothing in those laws relates to collective bargaining. So he’s either grossly misinformed or lying his ass off.

video and comments at site
Liar-In-Chief Slams Michigan’s Right-To-Work Law During Fiscal Cliff Speech… | Weasel Zippers

good.

and?

video at site
Worse President EVER

SNIP:
Jaw-dropping lie alert: Obama tells workers right-to-work laws “take away your rights to bargain for better wages,” in reality it stops workers from being forced to join a union as a condition of employment. Nothing in those laws relates to collective bargaining. So he’s either grossly misinformed or lying his ass off.

Liar-In-Chief Slams Michigan’s Right-To-Work Law During Fiscal Cliff Speech… | Weasel Zippers

It's probably about 50/50 on lying or misinformed now as the left loves to say Obama won which he did so Mr President how about you stop with campaign speeches and get back to D.C. and do your job.

He did his job, he kicked that vulture capitalist pig Romney out of politics forever. About time Obama stopped treating these republican dogs like normal people.

video at site
Worse President EVER

SNIP:

It's probably about 50/50 on lying or misinformed now as the left loves to say Obama won which he did so Mr President how about you stop with campaign speeches and get back to D.C. and do your job.

He did his job, he kicked that vulture capitalist pig Romney out of politics forever. About time Obama stopped treating these republican dogs like normal people.

Too bad Obama is a capitalist as well

It should be up to each person whether they want to join a union. I think it's wrong to force you to join if you want to work. Just because the unions spend so much to elect Dems, I guess they'll do whatever they want, even if it means taking away a person's right to choose.

Why can't the left just recognize that not everyone wants to be a union member? Leave it up to the workers and back off.

video at site
Worse President EVER

SNIP:

Why is he flying around the country making these speeches? Is there something wrong with the Oval Office and the WH Press Room that we don't know about?

Your kidding, right? Would you want to come home to Moochel? Hell I'd stay the hell away too.

video at site
Worse President EVER

SNIP:

You may have the right to argue for better wages in right-to-work states, but you don't have collective bargaining that would motivate employers to give you those better wages. So, Obama is right; and you -- as usual -- are full of shit.

That is a LIE!

Prove it

Because non union people are willing to settle for less. Look at the wages in right to work states vs union states.
Yes, let's look at that.
Consider a few top-line facts about right-to-work states. Private-sector employee compensation in right-to-work states has grown by an inflation-adjusted 12.0% between 2001-2011, according to data from the Bureau of Economic Analysis and Bureau of Labor Statistics. That compares with just 3.0% over the same period in states where workers can be forced to join a union as a condition of getting a job.

With growing paychecks come growing populations. Between 2000 and 2011, right-to-work states have seen an increase of 11.3% in the number of residents between the ages of 25-34 according to the Bureau of the Census. Non right-to-work states, over that same period, have seen an increase of only 0.6%.

Given these facts, it's little surprise that all but one of the top ten states on CNBC's Top States for Business 2012 was a right-to-work state. A state's right-to-work law is just one component of larger pro-growth tax and labor policies, but it ensures that the state's politics are not dominated by the incumbent unions that have been collecting privileges for themselves even if it meant stagnation and decline for the overall state's economy.​

your argument makes the assumptions that all employees under a union are paid the exact same, which is not the case. Unions are able to negotiate wage levels that are typically higher then in non union situations. but all employees are not paid the same wage
Employees doing the same job with similar time in service do...that's why my hypothetical mentioned "the lazy bastard next to me".

its not about the "right to work", a union give the member the ability to collectively bargain with his or her fellow co-workers for improved wages and benefits. the employer does not have to simply lay down and accept what the workers are demanding. unfortunately there were a lot of bad labor contracts that were negotiated in the recent past. however it is because of unions that we have the 40 hours work week, maternity pay, holiday pay, sick pay, vacation pay and work place safety standards. Union workers also on average are paid a better wage than employees in similar positions for other organizations.

have there been bad labor contracts, absolutely, but eliminating all unions is not the solution to this problem.
Yeah. No one's calling for the elimination of unions.

What we're calling for is the right of each employee to decide for himself whether or not he wants to join the union.

Some people oppose that right.

Forum List

Back