LHas Russian military already been beaten? Military expert's opinion

In a discussion on TV the other day, a talking head said Puta is concerned about his "legacy."

"Baby Killer Putin" sums it up nicely. It has kind of a catchy ring to it, too. It also happens to be true.

This is a very good read! If Russia fails in eastern Ukraine, like they did Kyiv, what is plan C?
The recent capture of Popasna has long-range implications in eastern Ukraine. That is why AFU is indignant about it and now simply bombing Donetsk where there are no military installations.

'11h. "This is why the capture of Popasnaya by Russian forces is such a big deal....even without Belgorovka."

Putin Still Wants the Entire Black Sea Coast​

But wants to have its cake too, so good luck with that​

vladimir-putin-victory-day-750x500.jpg

". . . . Putin also recalled the 2014 Odessa Massacre where local authorities conspired to unleash football hooligans and hard-right nationalists on pro-Russian protesters:

I think that Putin talking about Russian figures who fought to win the Black Sea for Russia (not for Ukraine) means that he still hopes to capture the so-called Novorossiya region all the way to Odessa.

The goal of Kiev regime change might be out the window, but partition is still very much a dream.

However, I will say that Kremlin has not recently lacked for dreams. It has dreamed very big indeed. What it has lacked is the effort to make them anything more than a fantasy. Big dreams, lackluster effort has been the name of the game."

FPpwqUpXIAUmuAG.jpg

IMO? Putin and the Russians, after giving up on the resistance in Kyiv, still might be reaching a bit for Odessa. I certainly understand the longing. Catherine the Great founded the modern Odesa after our nation was founded, so. . . . one sort of understands that longing. . .

Clash of Christianities: Why Europe cannot understand Russia
". . . Ukraine then falls under the Russian orbit. Russian domination expands until 1764, when the last Ukrainian hetman (commander-in-chief) is officially deposed by Catherine the Great: that’s when Ukraine becomes a province of the Russian empire.

As Putin made it quite clear this week: “Russia cannot allow the creation of anti-Russian territories around the country.” Operation Z will inevitably encompass Odessa, founded in 1794 by Catherine the Great.. . "
'In fact, the war was still on when, in April 1945, the ruling metropolitan of the Unitate Church in Galicia, Josefp Slipy, and all four of his bishops were arrested "for treasonous....activities in support of the German occupiers. This was followed by large-scale, though selective, arrests of the most active Uniate priests.

At the same time, action groups for reunification with Orthodoxy began to be formed in Galicia. By February 1946, of the 1,270 Uniate priests still at large, 997 submitted written applications to be accepted into the Orthodox Church. Many of them were probably quite sincere, for the Brest Union of 1596 had been forced upon the West Russian population of the Polish-Lithuanian state by the Jesuits. The whole of the seventeenth century was marked by resistance of the population to the union, which became one of the causes of the many rebellions, at first leading to the reunification of eastern Ukraine with Muscovy and eventually contributing to the disintegration of Poland itself.

Moreover, as already mentioned, masses of Uniates, one they hade emigrated to the freedom of North America, rejoined the Orthodox Church there. In the early twentieth century, a movement for reunion with Orthodoxy began to spread quite spontaneously in Carpathian Ruthenia, among the Lemkos of what after World War I was to become part of Poland and among Galician Ukrainians themselves.

This process continued after World War I, although the Polish government discouraged it by increasing persecution of the orthodox Church in Poland. Among sincere enthusiasts for Orthodoxy was was undoubtedly the Very Rev. Dr. Havrylo Kostelnyk, a highly learned and outstanding Lvov priest who became one of the organizers of the whole movement and was killed in retaliation by a Banderist partisan in 1948.'
(Pospielovsky, The Russian Orthodox Church Under the Soviet Regime 1917-1982. Vol. II, pp. 306-7)

This is one of the reasons why Lvov (Lviv) has been infested with CIA for the past 70 years, and why when the CIA goes to church, it's certainly not to pray.

I have an old FB account, I don't use much, but I went to it to look at David Talbot's timeline. . . just to see what he thought of this war. . . . He is a pioneering, "real," liberal, I don't imagine he has a lot of tolerance for leftist lunacy. . .

". . Talbot is known for his books about the "hidden history" of U.S. power and the liberal movements to change America, as well as his public advocacy.[1] He was also the founder and former editor-in-chief[2] of the pioneering web magazine, Salon. . . "

This was found on his timeline;

"Matt Taibbi nails it in this essay -- the.bipartisan U.S. elite has gone crazy for war, yet again. Former Obama officials and Fox News talking heads (including Sean Penn!) all agree: we need DIRECT U.S. military involvement in Ukraine, even if it means nuclear war. This is more crackpot logic -- from many of those lovely folks who brought us the war in Iraq and the reign of torture and black sites.
Memo to the war-frenzied New York Times and all those demanding that we put Russian leaders on trial for war crimes. The U.S. can't do this because our government continues to defy international law. We reserve the right to destroy entire cities -- like Fallujah and Mosul. But the Russians dare not do it in Ukraine!
Both global powers are guilty of massive war crimes -- but neither country will EVER officially admit it. That's the evil world we live in."

Give War A Chance​

More and more, we're told outright war isn't just necessary and right, but the thing that will solve America's existential problems​

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fcaa8e26f-2b49-4bbc-9933-404af4954edc_2022x1340.png

No they didnt, you idiot :lol:
He switched to Donbass to stop aid coming in.
You moonbats will believe ANYTHING :lol:

Ummmmm….I meant to do that

He sent a 20 mile long column to capture Kiev and it ground to a halt. The Ukraine Army, which was supposed to capture Kiev in days couldn’t make any progress in six weeks

When you withdraw because of heavy casualties and a realization you can’t meet your objective…..you don’t get to claim that was your plan all along

Ummmmm….I meant to do that

He sent a 20 mile long column to capture Kiev and it ground to a halt. The Ukraine Army, which was supposed to capture Kiev in days couldn’t make any progress in six weeks

When you withdraw because of heavy casualties and a realization you can’t meet your objective…..you don’t get to claim that was your plan all along
I didnt say thats what it was, you illiterate dumbo.
Its called, "shifting focus"

Forum List

Back