let's have some fun

can you count how many times Indiana's governor Mike pence uses the phrase not a license to discriminate and refuse service to no one.

Moreover, SEA 101's definition of a "person" includes "a partnership, a limited liability company, a corporation, a company, a firm, a society, a joint-stock company, an unincorporated association, or another entity" that claims its practices are compelled or limited by a religious belief. In simpler terms, if a business says its services are tied to its owners' faith, it can turn away customers who don't adhere to its religious views. The obvious intention of the bill, given recent advances in LGBT civil rights, is to permit discrimination against gays and lesbians.

Indiana law shows LGBT people the closet door - LA Times

I guess the big question is, why do Republicans give a for profit business the same religious exemptions as a church?

A business can not turn away anyone. The law makes that clear.
Link?

you need a link to the law?

Really?

What exactly is inherently wrong with refusing to service someone who's morals/mores/lifestyle is abhorrent repulsive and counter to your own beliefs/morals/mores? :dunno:

Absolutely nothing. :fu:

hahahahahahahah! that brings up the question of how many murders, child molesters, wife beaters, animal beaters, shit fetishers etc.
have these "righteous" served without question?
those would seem to be a more moral and logical choice to refuse service than gay phobia.

:lol: hypotwits like him even weep for the 'unfairness' in society toward dog killers and wife beaters...
so what are you a child molester of a shit fetisher?

Where there's smoke, there's fire, Gov. Pence........who were those guys behind you when you were proudly signing that law?
So far no one has answered me. They simply said "it does, Everyone knows it does"

So you tell me...exactly what in the law that you read gives you reason to consider it a license to discriminate?
no one has answered because it so fucking obvious.
really? It is so obvious? Then why don't you show me. I read the law and whereas I found it to be a law designed to allow one to exercise their first amendment right WHILE DEFENDING THEMSELVES AGINST A CHARGE OF DESCRIMINATION....nowhere does it say you have the right to discriminate.

Now, when Bill Clinton passed the law at the federal level, the supreme court found that it an not be applied at the state level....it can be applied in a federal court, but not a state court....thus why the law was drafted.

Now, this does no give one a license to discriminate. It gives them a choice....do I allow my religious faith get in the way of conducting business putting me in a position to have to defend myself at a cost of time and money...or should I simply say "hell with religion. I have no issue with servicing this person".

And, of course, if it does go to court, then he would have to prove that it interferes with his religious belief....as Bill Clintons law did the same. And such to prove is not easy.

So I again ask...here in the law ds it obviously give a license to discriminate?

(saying it is obvious is a foolish answer. It makes you come across as naïve).

can you count how many times Indiana's governor Mike pence uses the phrase not a license to discriminate and refuse service to no one.

he had to because that what people not in the know claimed it was.

Don't blame him. He is just trying to educate you. Not dupe you like Sharpton and Maddow did.
best steaming pile of rationalization today.

uh...another useless answer with no substance.

The truth is, the law is fine as it I. He is forced to change the words because people like you simply listened to emotional advocates who did not bother to read the law....like you.

So he will insert LGBT into the law.

And then the assholes will complain that he is isolating the LGBT community and making them different.

Just wait and see.

Where there's smoke, there's fire, Gov. Pence........who were those guys behind you when you were proudly signing that law?
So far no one has answered me. They simply said "it does, Everyone knows it does"

So you tell me...exactly what in the law that you read gives you reason to consider it a license to discriminate?

but here we go This bill is not about discrimination,” said Indiana Governor Mike Pence when he signed the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA) into state law last week.

But it is.

Indiana’s Senate Bill 101 prevents a government entity from substantially burdening a person's ability to exercise their religion, unless the government can demonstrate a compelling interest and takes the least-restrictive action in achieving it. While the religious freedom law does not explicitly mention sexual orientation, LGBT people have a long history of discrimination justified on religious grounds and are well placed to read between the lines.

As same sex marriage is legalized in more and more states across the US, state lawmakers have introduced a deluge of potentially discriminatory bills. According to the ACLU there have been 24 “religious freedom” bills introduced in 15 states this year alone. Similar bills to the Indiana law are close to passing in Georgia and Arkansas.

These “religious freedom” laws have a few things in common: they are vague and can provide a legal basis for discrimination in abstract and subjective terms, whether on the basis of personal religious belief, or family and traditional values. They can also be used to justify discrimination and have the effect of further stigmatizing the LGBT community.

Greg Ballard, the mayor of Indianapolis, pointed out that the law would have economic consequences for the city: “Indianapolis strives to be a welcoming place that attracts businesses, conventions, visitors and residents.” He is rightly concerned. The law gives license to business owners to discriminate based on personal religious beliefs. The law could, for example, provide the legal basis for a business to decline service to a same-sex couple because of religious belief. A landlord could, citing religious belief, refuse to lease an apartment to someone of another faith. The vague law effectively sets personal interpretation of religion above freedom from discrimination.

US states should be leading the way in equality and non-discrimination, not passing laws that open the way for people to legally indulge prejudice based on their subjective interpretation of religion.

Dispatches Freedom to Discriminate in Indiana Human Rights Watch
LMAO... you offered me an opinion piece as your answer?

I asked where it is a license to discriminate and you give me a link to an opinion piece that cites opinion others but nowhere cites the law itself?

Really?

So you did NOT read the bill.

Gotcha.

but here we go This bill is not about discrimination,” said Indiana Governor Mike Pence when he signed the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA) into state law last week.

But it is.

Indiana’s Senate Bill 101 prevents a government entity from substantially burdening a person's ability to exercise their religion, unless the government can demonstrate a compelling interest and takes the least-restrictive action in achieving it. While the religious freedom law does not explicitly mention sexual orientation, LGBT people have a long history of discrimination justified on religious grounds and are well placed to read between the lines.

As same sex marriage is legalized in more and more states across the US, state lawmakers have introduced a deluge of potentially discriminatory bills. According to the ACLU there have been 24 “religious freedom” bills introduced in 15 states this year alone. Similar bills to the Indiana law are close to passing in Georgia and Arkansas.

These “religious freedom” laws have a few things in common: they are vague and can provide a legal basis for discrimination in abstract and subjective terms, whether on the basis of personal religious belief, or family and traditional values. They can also be used to justify discrimination and have the effect of further stigmatizing the LGBT community.

Greg Ballard, the mayor of Indianapolis, pointed out that the law would have economic consequences for the city: “Indianapolis strives to be a welcoming place that attracts businesses, conventions, visitors and residents.” He is rightly concerned. The law gives license to business owners to discriminate based on personal religious beliefs. The law could, for example, provide the legal basis for a business to decline service to a same-sex couple because of religious belief. A landlord could, citing religious belief, refuse to lease an apartment to someone of another faith. The vague law effectively sets personal interpretation of religion above freedom from discrimination.

US states should be leading the way in equality and non-discrimination, not passing laws that open the way for people to legally indulge prejudice based on their subjective interpretation of religion.

Dispatches Freedom to Discriminate in Indiana Human Rights Watch
LMAO... you offered me an opinion piece as your answer?

I asked where it is a license to discriminate and you give me a link to an opinion piece that cites opinion others but nowhere cites the law itself?

Really?

So you did NOT read the bill.

Gotcha.
three posts of total bullshit and you claim gotcha...
thanks for playing
yes I did read it and your interpretation (if it can be called that) is in a word: ignorant.

What exactly is inherently wrong with refusing to service someone who's morals/mores/lifestyle is abhorrent repulsive and counter to your own beliefs/morals/mores? :dunno:

Absolutely nothing. :fu:

There is everything wrong with it.

For starters what about a gay person in one of Indiana's many small towns? What about the gay person in that small town that has only one food store and the owners refuse to serve that person only because they're gay.

Where is that person supposed to get food?

People put their lives on the line for equality for everyone. Not just people you approve of.

Other people actually died for equality for everyone.

The gay person paid the taxes that built the infrastructure that the business uses to make money. The gay person shouldn't have to pay taxes and then be denied food only because they're gay.

It's also a violation of the constitution. A document that conservatives insist that they're the only ones who love and respect. Yet you're also people who want to change it and violate it whenever you want.

Things don't work that way in the United States.

for some reason the most telling post does not appear but here it is: defcon 4 said:

You are right. "These righteous" non-faggots sold cakes to those you listed when they ordered that service but the difference is that the faggots do it with an IN YOUR FACE ATTITUDE" while "shit fetishers" and others kept their preferences to themselves.

it's not so much you hate gays and lesbians ,it's your frail constitution at the sight of faggots doing something as mundane as buying a cake gives you the vapors?
you must be Blanche DuBois....
thanks for showing everyone the real reason you are a bigot!

hahahahahahahah! that brings up the question of how many murders, child molesters, wife beaters, animal beaters, shit fetishers etc.
You are right. "These righteous" non-homos may have served a multitude of those. However, the difference is that the "shit fetishers" and such kept their preference to themselves when they ordered the service while faggots do it with an IN YOUR FACE attitude.
gay phobia.
If one doesn't want to associate with another in any way way is it a phobia? I do not like to go rolling around in cow shit, is that a cow phobia?

for some reason the most telling post does not appear but here it is: defcon 4 said:

You are right. "These righteous" non-faggots sold cakes to those you listed when they ordered that service but the difference is that the faggots do it with an IN YOUR FACE ATTITUDE" while "shit fetishers" and others kept their preferences to themselves.

it's not so much you hate gays and lesbians ,it's your frail constitution at the sight of faggots doing something as mundane as buying a cake gives you the vapors?
I do not hate homosexuals. I do not like their in your face attitude.

Faggots Define Faggots at Dictionary.com
"However, faggot (but not fag) is sometimesused within the gay community as a positive term of self-reference."

"However, faggot (but not fag) is sometimesused within the gay community as a positive term of self-reference."
so you are gay, who cares?

You are right. "These righteous" non-homos may have served a multitude of those. However, the difference is that the "shit fetishers" and such kept their preference to themselves when they ordered the service while faggots do it with an IN YOUR FACE attitude.
gay phobia.
If one doesn't want to associate with another in any way way is it a phobia? I do not like to go rolling around in cow shit, is that a cow phobia?
ah but you do...

I do not hate homosexuals. I do not like their in your face attitude.
that's just a chicken shit way of say you hate gays..why should they have to hide who they are? you don't!
everything you've posted is rationalizing .

so your a closet gay?

Forum List

Back