Zone1 Let's Discuss the word "Plantation"

It is exactly relevant since you claimed that it was only done once by a mod.

No. I said that I've only seen one person say specifically that they were ''insulted'' by referring to the Democrat party itself as a plantation.

You didn't mention anything about being insulted by that specifically in your response to me

You only said that you've been told how you are on a plantation numerous times because you don't vote republican.

What I'm talking about is openly stating that one is insulted specifically by the Democrat party itself being called a plantation.

That outrage is more of a defense of the Democrat party itself. It's purely political in that regard. But it is invoked in a not so clever way so as to forward the illuson of anger on behalf of others. Particularly blacks.

Ultimately, it's just a defense of the party, though. Party defenders don't really care about you. Not really. And that goes for both parties.

I don't recall you ever saying that you were insulted by the reference to the party specifically, though.

Last edited:
No. I said that I've only seen one person say that they were ''insulted'' by referring to the Democrat party as a plantatin.

You didn't mention anything about being insulted in your response to me

You only said that you've been told how you are on a plantation numerous times because you don't vote republican.
And you should have the common sense to know that telling a black person rhey are on a plantation is definetly an insult.

And you should have the common sense to know that telling a black person rhey are on a plantation is definetly an insult.

Yes. And I do. But you're missing my point here.

More often than not, such outrage is purely political exhibitionism for the express purpose of defending the Democrat party itself.

While you may very well be offended by it, the types who actually grandstand to express their outrage specifically in the form of claiming to be insulted by that particular language more often tend to do so specifically in defense of the Democrat party itself when the comparison is invoked. That blacks may be offended by it is just a bonus. But they're the ones openly making the assertion that they're insulted by the comparison and doing so as a matter of purely political activism. They don't care about you beyond your usefulness as a utility to that endeavor.

I understand that some blacks would naturally see them as some sort of ally, given the nature of the narrative that's attached to the endeavor.

But rest assured, they will throw you under the bus quicker than you can blink when the rubber hits the road and once they feel that your usefulness to their political endeavor has run its course.

Last edited:
Yes. And I do. But you're missing my point here.

More often than not, such outrage is purely political exhibitionism for the express purpose of defending the Democrat party itself.

While you may very well be offended by it, the types who actually grandstand to express their outrage specifically in the form of claiming to be insulted by that particular language more often tend to do so specifically in defense of the Democrat party itself when the comparison is invoked. That blacks may be offended by it is just a bonus. But they're the ones openly making the assertion that they're insulted by the comparison and doing so as a matter of purely political activism. They don't care about you beyond your usefulness as a utility to that endeavor.

I understand that some blacks would naturally see them as some sort of ally, given the nature of the narrative that's attached to the endeavor.

But rest assured, they will throw you under the bus quicker than you can blink when the rubber hits the road and once they feel that your usefulness to their political endeavor has run its course.
Look white man, I know the history and the last person I am going to listen to about this is a white republican. You act like there are no blacks in the party. The CHAIRMAN OF THE DEMOCRATIC NATIONAL COMMITTEE IS A BLACK MAN!

There is no Democrat plantation. And being oposed to the word plantation is more than political grandstanding. You would not dare say that to a Jew about anything associated with the Holocaust. More people were killed in slavery than the holocaust but we are to just alLow whites to tell us how we are on a plantation and if we complain or are offended by it, its just because of political grandstanding. Thats a moronic opinion.

Look white man, I know the history and the last person I am going to listen to about this is a white republican. You act like there are no blacks in the party. The CHAIRMAN OF THE DEMOCRATIC NATIONAL COMMITTEE IS A BLACK MAN!

There is no Democrat plantation. And being oposed to the word plantation is more than political grandstanding. You would not dare say that to a Jew about anything associated with the Holocaust. More people were killed in slavery than the holocaust but we are to just alLow whites to tell us how we are on a plantation and if we complain or are offended by it, its just because of political grandstanding. Thats a moronic opinion.

I'm pretty much gonna say whatever I want regardless of the terms of controversy. At least within the parameter of what the rulebook dictates. I don't fear any of you.

But anyway. I see no more value in this exchange. You have the wrong temperament. That you refer to me as white man really just confirms what I'd mentioned previously in the thread with regard to the negative waves that this section produces. Again, all that language really accomplishes is to perpetuate racism. You're just as guilty as those whom you accuse. Observably.

The question does remain, though. Who benefits from this perpetuation? That question is offered more so as a statement, though. You don't have to try to answer. As I said, I see no more value in continuing this dialogue with you.

Last edited:
1) This whole thing stems from complaints...This didn't just come out of nowhere.

2) Nobody needs to be Lt. Columbo to intuitively surmise who the thin skinned complainy-pants is.

3) Even money that a decision has already been made, and this thread is a sleazy passive-aggressive way to pretend that everyone's opinion matters, until it doesn't matter..... I've already seen this movie.
Incorrect on all. This thread came about because I've seen a few different ways people use "plantation" to describe something. It's always meant a southern estate to me. Slavery never came to mind when I'd hear the word. Maybe that's because I don't think of anyone being "above" or "beneath" me.

Incorrect on all. This thread came about because I've seen a few different ways people use "plantation" to describe something. It's always meant a southern estate to me. Slavery never came to mind when I'd hear the word. Maybe that's because I don't think of anyone being "above" or "beneath" me.
Color me severely skeptical....Staff doesn't just pull this silliness out of the air.

In any event, I'll stand by my first statement on this subject...Imputing motivations is the game of wannabe mindreaders.

It is interesting that the term “plantation” is only used to characterize inner city blacks who receive welfare.

Yet, there are communities of whites in Appalachia, Louisiana, Mississippi, West Virginia who have received government welfare for generations.

Nobody refers to them as plantations

Its almost as if something happened to black people in the past on plantations, that didn't happen to white people. Hmm...

Keep digging and let us know if you come up with anything. :itsok:

It is interesting that the term “plantation” is only used to characterize inner city blacks who receive welfare.

Yet, there are communities of whites in Appalachia, Louisiana, Mississippi, West Virginia who have received government welfare for generations.

Nobody refers to them as plantations
No one directs their voting like democrats do blacks.

Color me severely skeptical....Staff doesn't just pull this silliness out of the air.

In any event, I'll stand by my first statement on this subject...Imputing motivations is the game of wannabe mindreaders.
No "game" is being played in this thread.

Why do some people talk around the topic instead of answering what I asked? The racists on the forum have no problem using the word to fit their agenda.

Why do some people talk around the topic instead of answering what I asked? The racists on the forum have no problem using the word to fit their agenda.
To answer your question, I believe it’s being used to compare slaves on a plantation - dependent on their masters for their food and housing (such that it was) - to blacks who vote for Democrats, who bribe them with free stuff if they keep voting for them.

I agree the term is a bit condescending.

If I didn't get into this thread, I wouldn't even have shown up in those search results.

I knew it was a trap. lol...
No trap, just asking people their thoughts and what comes to mind when they hear the word. It makes me wonder if there's some sort of psychology involved in how people think when they hear it.

Not buying it.
"Racists" you say?....Haven't seen Steve McGarret or that other dude in the sunglasses (William Joyce) post here in years.

How about you quit beating around the bush, like someone who is playing games, and get specific?

Last edited:

I hate to break it to you but that's called history. The slavery part I mean. I'll take stupid things to get offended about for 500 Alex.

No trap, just asking people their thoughts and what comes to mind when they hear the word. It makes me wonder if there's some sort of psychology involved in how people think when they hear it.
It's a metaphor, like "tar baby" (i.e. a fight that you can't win).

If you want to take offense for one reason or another, that's on you.

Forum List

Back