Zone1 Let's Clean up a Common Leftist Debate Tactic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Friscus

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2020
I can't tell you how many times I have not only heard this from leftist Democrats and activists, but also seen how many times such ridiculousness is met with bobbling, nodding heads from the leftist MSM media...

Here's the logic...

1. I believe X
2. If you disagree with me, you're putting my life in danger and making me feel "unsafe".
3. Furthermore, disagreeing puts everyone from the group in danger, and further establishes a negative stereotype of them.
4. Thus.. you must agree, or you are an INSTAGATOR of violence.

Leftists commonly inject their "X" as being trans, pro-choice, or any other token leftist cause. But the logic doesn't hold up for them if they hold it but implement other causes. First. let's view it as we've heard it countless times:

"Hey, If you don't believe in my Trans identity, and speak against it, it causes people to become hostile towards me, which stirs and causes more hatred and violence against trans people and the trans community, thus you CANNOT disagree with my trans ideology or you are an INSTIGATOR of violence."

Basically a status quo Democrat/Biden/woke talking point. Now, let's apply it elsewhere:

"Hey, If you don't believe in my Christianity, and speak against it, it causes people to become hostile towards me, which stirs and causes more hatred and violence against Christians and the religion of Christianity, thus you CANNOT disagree with Christianity or you are an INSTIGATOR of violence."

Of course, suddenly, the left will not allow mere disagreement to equate to violence when it has to do with Christianity, or abortion rights, or whatever cliche right wing cause is out there.

So, while the attempts will continue to spill.. when you hear this hack explanation by Biden, or his fall girl at the podium, or Pelosi, or anyone on the left trying to play the Damsel in distress victim... just laugh it off like I do.

Disagreement is the centerpiece of Democracy. You're allowed to not accept or celebrate others lifestyles... they sure don't accept or celebrate mine. I don't understand where the sense of entitlement comes from.. other than this post-modern culture we're sadly pushing forward.

I can't tell you how many times I have not only heard this from leftist Democrats and activists, but also seen how many times such ridiculousness is met with bobbling, nodding heads from the leftist MSM media...

Here's the logic...

1. I believe X
2. If you disagree with me, you're putting my life in danger and making me feel "unsafe".
3. Furthermore, disagreeing puts everyone from the group in danger, and further establishes a negative stereotype of them.

Leftists commonly inject their "X" as being trans, pro-choice, or any other token leftist cause. But the logic doesn't hold up for them if they hold it but implement other causes. First. let's view it as we've heard it countless times:

"Hey, If you don't believe in my Trans identity, and speak against it, it causes people to become hostile towards me, which stirs and causes more hatred and violence against trans people and the trans community, thus you CANNOT disagree with my trans ideology or you are an INSTIGATOR of violence."

Basically a status quo Democrat/Biden/woke talking point. Now, let's apply it elsewhere:

"Hey, If you don't believe in my Christianity, and speak against it, it causes people to become hostile towards me, which stirs and causes more hatred and violence against Christians and the religion of Christianity, thus you CANNOT disagree with Christianity or you are an INSTIGATOR of violence."

Of course, suddenly, the left will not allow mere disagreement to equate to violence when it has to do with Christianity, or abortion rights, or whatever cliche right wing cause is out there.

So, while the attempts will continue to spill.. when you hear this hack explanation by Biden, or his fall girl at the podium, or Pelosi, or anyone on the left trying to play the Damsel in distress victim... just laugh it off like I do.

Disagreement is the centerpiece of Democracy. You're allowed to not accept or celebrate others lifestyles... they sure don't accept or celebrate mine. I don't understand where the sense of entitlement comes from.. other than this post-modern culture we're sadly pushing forward.
This is a valuable thing to get a grasp on.

The method of distribution seems to be by demonstration: using carefully targeted social or even "news" platforms, the audience is first introduced to a whimsical comedy. It then progresses to more serious topics, and the example is provided with video or text to the audience. The audience is unaware they are being indoctrinated because its all part of their social experience and makes them feel good. Monkey see, Monkey do.

I wonder how many other tactics are being transmitted.

Here's the logic...

1. I believe X

The democrat party is nothing but a religious cult.

Here's the logic...

1. I believe X

its trumps fault, its trumps fault, its trumps fault.....on and on an on

Here's the logic...

1. I believe X

It all filters down from their belief that their collective opinion on a given topic is the only opinion allowed. Anything else is outside the groupthink, and thus simply doesn't exist as a rational position to have.

It's trying to frame words as actual weapons, things that can hurt anyone hearing them if they don't follow the proposed reality of the groupthink.

Remember, they just don't say women can have penises, they all BELIEVE that women can have penises, and anyone who doesn't has to be destroyed.

It all filters down from their belief that their collective opinion on a given topic is the only opinion allowed. Anything else is outside the groupthink, and thus simply doesn't exist as a rational position to have.

It's trying to frame words as actual weapons, things that can hurt anyone hearing them if they don't follow the proposed reality of the groupthink.

Remember, they just don't say women can have penises, they all BELIEVE that women can have penises, and anyone who doesn't has to be destroyed.
Certainly a religious zeal.. but religions, at least mine, admit they are based on faith and don’t attempt to silence non-believers.

Also a heavy dose of totalitarian power and anti-democracy in their logic. No open market place of ideas for people to draw their own conclusions.

I can agree to disagree , but only when facts fit the debate

I have no patience with those that wish to cherrypick facts to fit their debate
~S~

I guess I am a "status quo Democrat/Biden" supporter. I am a registered Democrat. I have only voted for two Republicans. During the 1988 general election I did not vote for president. I am not woke. Many of my opinions are not politically correct.

I do not argue the way you claim. I dislike name calling, insults, and obscene words, but I believe that all opinions and topics should be open for discussion. I believe that there should be no taboos against stating facts that can be documented using credible sources of data.

I welcome challenges to my opinions.

I guess I am a "status quo Democrat/Biden" supporter.

I am not woke. Many of my opinions are not politically correct.
you are becoming more and more rare.. and the guy you support is happy to say exactly what I’ve pointed out.

I can enjoy good faith debates with classic liberals. However, classic liberals are now deemed as right or far right by the mainstream democrats and woke.

you are becoming more and more rare.. and the guy you support is happy to say exactly what I’ve pointed out.

I can enjoy good faith debates with classic liberals. However, classic liberals are now deemed as right or far right by the mainstream democrats and woke.
A classic liberal is the same as an economic reactionary, who rejects the economic reforms of the twentieth century. I am a New Deal Democrat, who rejects many, but not all, of the reforms of the Great Society.

A classic liberal is the same as an economic reactionary, who rejects the economic reforms of the twentieth century. I am a New Deal Democrat, who rejects many, but not all, of the reforms of the Great Society.
A classic liberal also believes (along with conservatives)
- It’s not what your country can do you for you, but what you can do for your country
- not by the color of one’s skin, but by the content of one’s character
- I may despise what you say, but I’ll defend your right to say it.

Todays democrats oppose all 3 of these. You definitely have many now-exclusively conservative ideals. Moderate dems and independents are being pushed to conservatism because the leftists are so radical and angry at the country, men, white people, western civilization, capitalism, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back