Lets apologize

I disagree with your definition of "innocent", RGS, but not with the fact that the Japanese government brought on the destruction from the skies.

There is always a choice other than murdering innocent woman and children tough guy.

In a perfect world, topspin, which this is not.

Japanese women were not innocent nor were children about 12 and up. The Japanese Government intended to arm them with Bamboo spears and have them human wave attack any landings.

Something our own people would not have done in defense of our homeland...I guess.

Hell, no, bodacea, all the GOP women would in the streets waving little flags with a red meatball centered on each of them, and inciting the warriors into their homes for "refreshment." They all would have become yoboes.

It's true the Japanese civilians were armed with bamboo and were preparing for hand-to-hand combat for the coming INVASION. Doesn't sound like the government was preparing them for surrender, does it?

You are right, Elvis. The Japanese civilians would have done what they were told to do.

Just put phrase through google, this came up:

U.S. Delegation will not offer apology at Hiroshima Ceremony - CafeMom

The U.S. delegation will not offer an apology for dropping atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki when it attends a ceremony in Japan on Friday marking the 65th anniversary of the attacks, which brought World War II to an end.

State Department spokesman Noel Clay said no apology will be offered by the delegation, to be led by U.S. Ambassador John Roos, at the ceremony in Hiroshima.

Once again, RGS talking out of his ass.

I saw something on the news about the whole apology thing to Japan in Hiroshima. It's war. There shouldn't have to be an apology. Not even after 65 years. It happened well before most of anyone's time on this message board. Being my grandpa is a WWII vet he even told me "This country (Japan) had it coming" and very well so deserved it. The atrocities that were done to people in China, and multiple areas Japan was in control of at the time.. in the past has done, I think that served them right.

The U.S. delegation will not offer an apology for dropping atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki when it attends a ceremony in Japan on Friday marking the 65th anniversary of the attacks, which brought World War II to an end.

State Department spokesman Noel Clay said no apology will be offered by the delegation, to be led by U.S. Ambassador John Roos, at the ceremony in Hiroshima.

I saw something on the news about the whole apology thing to Japan in Hiroshima. It's war. There shouldn't have to be an apology.

I agree. And since there was no apology given this thread, and whatever news story about the "apology" that you heard, is bunk.

I saw something on the news about the whole apology thing to Japan in Hiroshima. It's war. There shouldn't have to be an apology. Not even after 65 years. It happened well before most of anyone's time on this message board. Being my grandpa is a WWII vet he even told me "This country (Japan) had it coming" and very well so deserved it. The atrocities that were done to people in China, and multiple areas Japan was in control of at the time.. in the past has done, I think that served them right.

As far as the whole "apology" thing goes, of course there shouldn't be an apology. Those who ordered the bombs are long dead, and nobody has the right to apologize on their behalf. Nor are the victims here to accept any such apology. Of course, this whole "apology" issue is partisan politics, so it's really not even worth acknowledging.

Japan certainly committed atrocities, but that was the Japanese government and military. Innocent Japanese civilians should not have been punished for that.

Japan certainly committed atrocities, but that was the Japanese government and military. Innocent Japanese civilians should not have been punished for that.

There's a reason why I live in the U.S. now and not Japan. I have a lot of animosity for that place.

Which is fine. However, I fail to see the relevance to my post?

You are a moron, no one need explain anything to you since you keep claiming the Japanese would have suddenly surrendered out of the blue when all the ACTUAL facts, which I have documented prove that the Japanese Government REFUSED to surrender even after 2 Atomic bombs, forcing the Emperor to over rule them and THEN the Army tried a Coup to stop that.

Forum List

Back