Let This Sink In: Elon Sues Media Matters

From Aceofspades;

"Media Matters ran a shock exposé showing that Twitter ran ads against extremist content, leading to a flight of major advertisers.

But Twitter was watching while they did this.

What they did was create a new account and:

1. Follow every Nazi meme account they could find (which was not many).
2. Follow the major advertising brands they wanted to scare away from Twitter.
3. Sit there hitting refresh over and over until they got the screenshot they wanted.

Only problem with that is that Twitter logged everything they did and can show that the only account in the world that saw those ads on those tweets was Media Matters, because they spent an entire day setting things up to get that result."

A jury will look at that and come to a verdict in about 20 seconds.

It's not about true of false, it's about misrepresenting how they got the results they did.
Of course it’s about true or false. You can't defame someone with a true statement. The truth is a complete defense.

Not when you manipulate the accounts and algorithms to give a false view of what is actually happening.

And when you gun for someone's economics then it becomes less speech, more action.
Except, he forwarded the initial antiSemetic post.

read the claim in the court documents,,
I did.

Musk claims he fixed the algorithms so ads would not appear next to racists posts.

Media Matters proved he lied.

They simply went on X and refreshed racists posts and observed when ads appeared on the same page.

If I refresh a post 100 times, let's say, that's the same thing as 100 visitors to that page.

Musk got caught lying and Media Matters nailed him.

I did.

Musk claims he fixed the algorithms so ads would not appear next to racists posts.

Media Matters proved he lied.

They simply went on X and refreshed racists posts and observed when ads appeared on the same page.

If I refresh a post 100 times, let's say, that's the same thing as 100 visitors to that page.

Musk got caught lying and Media Matters nailed him.
its obvious you need to read it again,,

That post was more anti-immigrant than antisemtic.

Meanwhile lefties are going around harassing, hurting and killing jews.

But mean tweets.....
Don't meanwhile, stick to the subject.
If he posted that and they state that he posted that, then that is the truth. truth is a defense.

Therefore you miss the intent.
Soros has vowed to take our country down and is doing that very thing, politically.
Everything he does in this country should be suspect. He and his money need to be banned from operating here. It is not in our best interest.

Sorry, I am a tad too old to go around being afraid of the boogieman.

Don't meanwhile, stick to the subject.
If he posted that and they state that he posted that, then that is the truth. truth is a defense.

Are you confusing the two issues?

This is about Mediamatters playing games with the advertising algorithm, not the post he responded to.

This will be a landmark case in shutting down one of the leading demafacist propagandist organizations.
Actually I think it unlikely it will shut them down. Media Matters is supported by pretty much every subversive organization in the country including George Soros. But maybe it will give them pause before they post any more slanderous/libelous crap trying to defame somebody.

Forum List

Back