Let me introduce myself

pretender

Dec 3, 2004
Hi …..I am pretender and I found your forum by doing a goggle search. I use the name pretender because I have found that there is so much pretending on the Internet. I honestly don’t mind that but sometimes it does become annoying. At first I used my real name when logging into forums but quickly found out that wasn’t the way to go. I am single with a daughter in college. I have been married twice and each time was an experience. The only thing I lie about is my age so I can’t tell you that, but I am over 16 and under 60. The Internet seems to be an endless source of information of ANY kind. I have met many from the Internet but primarily men. The few women I have met have become friends. My first experience was in the dating forums and match making sites after my divorce six years ago. Don't even go there anymore. Talk about pretenders!!! I love to read forums because I find other people’s opinions so fascinating. I have never been interested in politics but I keep up with world events by finding out what others think. I find it more interesting than reading the newspaper. It is like a whole new world to be able to converse with someone from another state or country. I don’t profess to be the most articulate person around but I have strong opinions. I am a 21st century woman and a bit of a feminist. I love my family and my home. I am not young but not old either. That puts me in the middle and I have found that the middle is stressful. If you are a middle age woman you understand. I am too young to stay home and rock in the rocker but too old to do the party/bar scene, not that I want to anyway. I like to garden and decorate and my home is where I spend most of my time at this time in my life. As a younger woman I was a bit of a hellcat but as I aged I mellowed. I am now the type of woman who says what I think and tries not to care too much about what others think of me. The one thing about being middle age is it is rather liberating.

I wanted to tell you a little about me but learn a little about you too. You guys seem like a close-knit bunch? You go back a long time it seems. Politics seems to be of the greatest interest here. I posted in the Home Improvement section first because my interest center around the home. There seems to be several couples here, aka, husbands and wives. Has that ever caused any problems? I am single & honestly wonder if I were married how I would interact with my husband on an open forum. There also seems to be many geographical areas represented here. I have lived in the south all my life but my second marriage was to a Yankee. LOL….. We are all Americans but we do differ in customs and mannerisms a little from area to area.

I always seem to get along with the men best because I butt heads with women sometimes. I think it is because I am a big flirt. Don’t mean anything by it; it’s just my southern roots and my nature. Even after two divorces I still like men, although chauvinistic men can make my blood boil.

I have had a few already welcome me in the Home Improvement Section and I thank those for the welcome. I intend to take the one that PM’d me up on the offer.

So, in closing I will say hey ya’ll and it’s nice to meet you. I just wanted to join in but am having a problem finding out how. There really are some very intelligent people here. I picked this forum because quite frankly it said US, leading me to believe people from all over the US are here. I simply find that intriguing.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
pretender said:
So, in closing I will say hey ya’ll and it’s nice to meet you. I just wanted to join in but am having a problem finding out how. There really are some very intelligent people here.
Welcome (again) Pretender! If there's a thread you want to get it on, just jump in. Everyone here is very friendly and I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as I do! :D
We're like a big, disfuncional, family here! :D

I bite sometimes, but not too hard!

Welcome and just jump in whenever something stirs your interest. It is a lot like swimming - you just gotta jump in.

Enjoy! :thup:

Welcome P...if yer in da South ya gotta be "A OK"! *Here have a bolt peanut*:D

BTW...you needed tools...the Dec issue of
consumer reports rates battery operated tool "kits"..about $200 for four tools.
Check it out for all around use...:thup:

:cool:

Thanks all. Have to run get a sandwich..... starving ..

hummmm free bites. Oh my ... but it's ok free, I've been know to bite myself. Sometimes it's better than a love tap.

I'll check them out evil and let you know. Don't have a lot of experience with battery operated tools, well except for Bob. Lowers head in shame.

This is not a dysfunctiuonal family...it is the classic cukoos nest...except for me...I'm sane.

Just jump inot any thread that you take a fancy to and fire away! Be sure to duck when the return salvo heads your way though.

Forum List

Back