lesson on why liberals will never be more than an occasional flash in the pan.

The world is always moving toward being more progressive.

From women's rights to African American rights to gay rights to healthcare, the world is always moving to the left.

It must suck to be a conservative.....always clinging to the past.

Mention this to the Soviet Union and the Maoists in China.
Really sucks to have the perspective of a gnat on history, Chris. Sorry for you, guy.

Guess what guys, the other guy is worse. Just because Rand does not pass some sort of racial purity test you want to kill him

I don't think Paul is a racist. Ron and Rand Paul are just so wed to their didactic version of the "way things should be" that they refuse to concede a no-brainer.

As for your bold statement: liberalism has been the driving force behind politics for a long time. Society trends to progressivism and not the opposite.

Other than Rand, you won't hear many people arguing that we should go back to a time when people were allowed to be discriminated against. You don't hear many people arguing that we should take away a woman's right to vote.

Last edited:
Guess what guys, the other guy is worse. Just because Rand does not pass some sort of racial purity test you want to kill him

I don't think Paul is a racist. Ron and Rand Paul are just so wed to their didactic version of the "way things should be" that they refuse to concede a no-brainer.

As for your bold statement: liberalism has been the driving force behind politics for a long time. Society tends to progressivism and not the opposite.

Other than Rand, you won't hear many people arguing that we should go back to a time when people were allowed to be discriminated against. You don't hear many people arguing that we should take away a woman's right to vote.

Except in Islamic circles.
Fail.

From women's rights to African American rights to gay rights to healthcare, the world is always moving to the left.

Really sucks to have the perspective of a gnat on history, Chris. Sorry for you, guy.

Communism was not progressive, it was facism.

Sorry for you, guy.

Communism was not progressive, it was facism.

Sorry for you, guy.

That one flew right over your head.

it's why everything they touch turns to shit. Like midas, only shit.

roflmfao!!!

Liberals did a pretty good job in writing the Constitution, repealing slavery, granting women the vote, ciil rights, protecting the environment.....

How's THAT Shit?

100 years ago we couldn't teach evolution in schools

today conservatives and christians are NOT allowed to teach creationism

Thanks to liberals!

30 years ago gays were still in the closet

today they are out and about everywhere!
in theatre, on tv (they have their own shows), in politics, business, the arts, the military, religion

and MOST people (even most of the cons on this board) are fine with that.

Gays live in our neighborhoods, they work with us, the are our brothers, sisters and children...

and MOST of us are fine with all of that...

liberals and liberalsim did that....

30 years ago interracial relationships were still taboo.

today blacks and white date and marry and nobody cares! Even bob jones university finally ended its bigotted anti-interracial dating policy

once again, most cons today will insist that they are NOT racists and do NOT care about this anymore....

thanks to liberals

30 years ago blacks, minorities, women and gays were all still on the sidelines of the playing fields that were dominated by white males

today
they are in PROMINENT positions of business, politics, the military, theatre

we watch their shows and admire their careers
and vote for them for president...

blacks, women...
soon.....gays...(maybe real soon if hillary actually is gay)

thanks to liberals!

15 years ago shannon faulkner was the first female to enter the citadel.
At that time conservatives(at the citadel, on the internet, limbaugh, coulter etc) made her life a living hell

today
women are in ALL the armed forces and military unicersities and nobody
not even conservatives
cares anymore

30 years ago 85% of the American population was christian
atheism was still a bit taboo

today
up to 15% of the population is brave enough to face the wrath of christians and ADMIT they don't really believe in god
and that number APPEARS to be growing every year

many more Americans are religious but do NOT embrace christianity

millions of adults live together, lovingly, with out bothering to marry

outdated attitudes (tradition nonsense and illogical conservative morals)

MOST people have sex outside of marriage

MORE people are waiting longer to marry

MORE people are having (responsibly) fewer children

people readily employ divorce to get out of a bad/failed marriage

discrimination against gays, blacks, minorities, interracial couples is practically dead...

thanks to liberals....

50 years ago conservative CHRISTIANS were murdering ACLJ liberals and jews and lynching blacks

today MOST conservatives no longer want to kill all liberals and blacks

they merely want to deport them

showing just how liberal even conservatives have become!

cons can claim all the political victories they want to

the truth of America is in how we live....

and MOST of us live together just fine....

and I highly doubt that any conservative is going to come on here and say
"oh yeah? you think America is liberal? well...we are GOING TO CHANGE THAT!"
"we are going to go back to the days when we could discriminate against everything and everyone that offended us!"

so
win your little elections
and try to balance that budget

and welcome to VERY LIBERAL and PROGRESSIVE America!

Really?

Ricci v. DeStefano - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ironic example, isn't it???

Keep it in mind the next time you try to tell I'm fucked, you simpleton.

Now I am really confused. Why are you trying to use a court case which said that the court interpretation of the CRA that led to affirmative action is not applicable to prove that the CRA is necessary today?

You are confused alright.

The Court held 5-4 that New Haven's decision to ignore the test results violated Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Since a violation of the 1964 Civil Rights Act was the basis for ruling in favor of the plaintiffs,

your claim that conditions no longer exist making the act necessary has to be false.

Not only does the case prove that the CRA is still relevant and necessary, it also shoots a hole in any claim anyone would make that the CRA only serves people of color, or anyone else who isn't a white male.

If you bothered to check your facts before trumpeting your win you might notice the inconvenient fact that the provision of the CRA you are referring to was written in 1991. How does that prove that the CRA of 1964 is still relevant? How does it prove I am wrong?

If you think the world is getting more progressive because you think progressive means having free health care then you have no basis hen you are part of the problem, not the solution.

If you understand what motivates a person, what their beliefs are, their opinions, positions, then it makes it easier to vote for them.

Conservatives are anti education. They knew nothing about Iraq or Afghanistan. They know nothing about Muslims. Nothing about drilling. Nothing about the economy.

It's why everything they touch turns to shit. Like Midas, only shit.

I have to admit this part always confuses me What exactly has Obama done that is different than what Bush did? Exactly what makes you think that the owner of an oil company knows less about drilling than a Harvard lawyer?

"I have to admit this part always confuses me What exactly has Obama done that is different than what Bush did?"

if obama hasn't done anything different than bush....

do you think other conservatives are
a. lying
or
b. deranged

when they state, emphatically, over and over, that obama is "taking away all of our rights one by one"
and other such drivel?

The conservatives I know said the exact same thing about Bush, what is your point?

As for your bold statement: liberalism has been the driving force behind politics for a long time. Society tends to progressivism and not the opposite.

Here we go again.

Tell me what progessivism is before you try to claim that society is moving toward it.

For the record, since people refuse to actually listen to Rand, he does not advocate going back to anything other than the true ideals of liberalism and progressivism, if you understood those terms you would know that. Instead you advocate more government intrusion onto our lives and more restrictions on our freedoms.

If you think the world is getting more progressive because you think progressive means having free health care then you have no basis hen you are part of the problem, not the solution.

Every other industrialized country in the world has nation health insurance, and they pay HALF per capita what we pay for healthcare.

The Germans have had it since 1886!

But conservatives like Ronald Raygun fought against Medicare tooth and nail.

And they lost....

30 years ago gays were still in the closet

today they are out and about everywhere!
in theatre, on tv (they have their own shows), in politics, business, the arts, the military, religion

and MOST people (even most of the cons on this board) are fine with that.

Gays live in our neighborhoods, they work with us, the are our brothers, sisters and children...

and MOST of us are fine with all of that...

liberals and liberalsim did that....

The ones that seem to have a problem with it are the so called liberals.

When a conservative blogger repeated the rumor among Kagan's friends that she was a lesbian, and pointed out that it was not an issue with him, and should not be an issue to anyone else, who made it an issue? Who is coming out with the fact that she went out with men in college, thus proving that she is not gay?

30 years ago interracial relationships were still taboo.

today blacks and white date and marry and nobody cares! Even bob jones university finally ended its bigotted anti-interracial dating policy

once again, most cons today will insist that they are NOT racists and do NOT care about this anymore....

thanks to liberals

The same liberals who insist that blacks need special help to get into universities becasue they are not as smart as whites?

30 years ago blacks, minorities, women and gays were all still on the sidelines of the playing fields that were dominated by white males

today
they are in PROMINENT positions of business, politics, the military, theatre

we watch their shows and admire their careers
and vote for them for president...

blacks, women...
soon.....gays...(maybe real soon if hillary actually is gay)

thanks to liberals!
Victoria Woodhull and Frederick Douglass - 1872 First woman candidate for president and first African American candidate for vice president.

Charlotta A. Bass - 1952 First African American woman nominated for president.

One of the wonders of a liberal education is its lack of depth.

15 years ago shannon faulkner was the first female to enter the citadel.
At that time conservatives(at the citadel, on the internet, limbaugh, coulter etc) made her life a living hell

today
women are in ALL the armed forces and military unicersities and nobody
not even conservatives
cares anymore

Isn't she the one who washed out after 4 hours?

30 years ago 85% of the American population was christian
atheism was still a bit taboo

today
up to 15% of the population is brave enough to face the wrath of christians and ADMIT they don't really believe in god
and that number APPEARS to be growing every year

many more Americans are religious but do NOT embrace christianity

outdated attitudes (tradition nonsense and illogical conservative morals)

MOST people have sex outside of marriage

MORE people are waiting longer to marry

MORE people are having (responsibly) fewer children

people readily employ divorce to get out of a bad/failed marriage

discrimination against gays, blacks, minorities, interracial couples is practically dead...

thanks to liberals....

Are you blaming liberals for everything that conservatives have been blaming them for all these years?

50 years ago conservative CHRISTIANS were murdering ACLJ liberals and jews and lynching blacks

today MOST conservatives no longer want to kill all liberals and blacks

they merely want to deport them

showing just how liberal even conservatives have become!

Conservative Christians were doing that? Is that like all the Tea Party terrorism we are getting from all those protests today?

cons can claim all the political victories they want to

the truth of America is in how we live....

and MOST of us live together just fine....

and I highly doubt that any conservative is going to come on here and say
"oh yeah? you think America is liberal? well...we are GOING TO CHANGE THAT!"
"we are going to go back to the days when we could discriminate against everything and everyone that offended us!"

so
win your little elections
and try to balance that budget

and welcome to VERY LIBERAL and PROGRESSIVE America!

Since you obviously have no idea what either of those terms mean you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

Every other industrialized country in the world has nation health insurance, and they pay HALF per capita what we pay for healthcare.

And they lost....

Blatant lies. I am going to assume that people have already refuted your claims about health care costs since I am new to the board and not bother to do it myself.

And they lost....

Blatant lies. I am going to assume that people have already refuted your claims about health care costs since I am new to the board and not bother to do it myself.

Nothing to refute. I told the truth.

We pay 16% of our GDP in healthcare costs, the highest percentage in the world.

America's Health Care Cost Highest Worldwide

And they all hate it!

You really need to do a little reading.

When Canadians were asked to chose the greatest Canadian in history, they chose the man who developed their healthcare system.

Tommy Douglas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That may be. I speak to people all over this world. Every single on of them hate national health care. And that includes canada. Try actually speaking to people and not relying on wiki

Doctors in Canada do make less than their US counterparts. But they also have lower overhead, and usually much better working conditions. A few reasons for this:

First, as noted, they don't have to charge higher fees to cover the salary of a full-time staffer to deal with over a hundred different insurers, all of whom are bent on denying care whenever possible. In fact, most Canadian doctors get by quite nicely with just one assistant, who cheerfully handles the phones, mail, scheduling, patient reception, stocking, filing, and billing all by herself in the course of a standard workday.

Second, they don't have to spend several hours every day on the phone cajoling insurance company bean counters into doing the right thing by their patients. My doctor in California worked a 70-hour week: 35 hours seeing patients, and another 35 hours on the phone arguing with insurance companies. My Canadian doctor, on the other hand, works a 35-hour week, period. She files her invoices online, and the vast majority are simply paid -- quietly, quickly, and without hassle. There is no runaround. There are no fights. Appointments aren't interrupted by vexing phone calls. Care is seldom denied (because everybody knows the rules). She gets her checks on time, sees her patients on schedule, takes Thursdays off, and gets home in time for dinner.

One unsurprising side effect of all this is that the doctors I see here are, to a person, more focused, more relaxed, more generous with their time, more up-to-date in their specialties, and overall much less distracted from the real work of doctoring. You don't realize how much stress the American doctor-insurer fights put on the day-to-day quality of care until you see doctors who don't operate under that stress, because they never have to fight those battles at all. Amazingly: they seem to enjoy their jobs.

Third: The average American medical student graduates $140,000 in hock. The average Canadian doctor's debt is roughly half that.

Finally, Canadian doctors pay lower malpractice insurance fees. When paying for health care constitutes a one of a family's major expenses, expectations tend to run very high. A doctor's mistake not only damages the body; it may very well throw a middle-class family permanently into the ranks of the working poor, and render the victim uninsurable for life. With so much at stake, it's no wonder people are quick to rush to court for redress.

Canadians are far less likely to sue in the first place, since they're not having to absorb devastating financial losses in addition to any physical losses when something goes awry. The cost of the damaging treatment will be covered. So will the cost of fixing it. And, no matter what happens, the victim will remain insured for life. When lawsuits do occur, the awards don't have to include coverage for future medical costs, which reduces the insurance company's liability.

Mythbusting Canadian Health Care -- Part I | OurFuture.org

And they all hate it!

You really need to do a little reading.

When Canadians were asked to chose the greatest Canadian in history, they chose the man who developed their healthcare system.

Tommy Douglas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That may be. I speak to people all over this world. Every single on of them hate national health care. And that includes canada. Try actually speaking to people and not relying on wiki

I do. I have friends who live in Canada and they LOVE their system.

OTTAWA, Canada — In a last-ditch effort to convince Canadians that their public health care system should be privatized, Canadian Medical Association (CMA) President Robert Ouellet has promised to “pull out all the stops” during the association’s annual meeting next week. Trouble is, Ouellet’s mission to lead the change to privatization is exactly the opposite of what 86 percent of Canadians want.

A new poll conducted by the Toronto-based Nanos Research points to overwhelming support — 86.2 percent — for strengthening public health care rather than expanding for-profit services.

“With more than 8 in 10 Canadians supporting public solutions to make public health care stronger, there is compelling evidence that Canadians across all demographics would prefer a public over a for-profit health care system,” said Nik Nanos, president of Nanos Research.

New poll shows Canadians overwhelmingly support public health care | Physicians for a National Health Program

Forum List

Back