Lesson from the Antipodes

fncceo

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2016
My friends in Australia have been messaging me about the elections that were held yesterday in their country.

It turned out to be a great victory for the Liberal Party (the Australian version of Republicans) and a defeat for Labor (their Democrats) despite the polls predicting a big win for Labor.

Australia and America are very similar culturally. A diverse ethnic population where cities tend to be much more liberal (small L) than the suburbs and country.

News sources in Australia, as in America, tend to be very liberal and regularly mock the conservative leaders.

According to my friends, there were a lot of long faces in the newsrooms tonight.

My friends in Australia have been messaging me about the elections that were held yesterday in their country.

It turned out to be a great victory for the Liberal Party (the Australian version of Republicans) and a defeat for Labor (their Democrats) despite the polls predicting a big win for Labor.

Australia and America are very similar culturally. A diverse ethnic population where cities tend to be much more liberal (small L) than the suburbs and country.

News sources in Australia, as in America, tend to be very liberal and regularly mock the conservative leaders.

According to my friends, there were a lot of long faces in the newsrooms tonight.
Rural areas are isolated and don’t encounter different peoples or ideas. So they are prone to being terrified and seeking comfort in promises to return to a time that never actually existed the way they imagine it.

Rural areas are isolated and don’t encounter different peoples or ideas. So they are prone to being terrified and seeking comfort in promises to return to a time that never actually existed the way they imagine it.

Shouldnt you be picking cotton?

Have Trump put up some more tariffs and maybe we’ll be able to go back to that

Have Trump put up some more tariffs and maybe we’ll be able to go back to that

What was it SideShow Biden said?
He's gonna put y'all back in chains!!!!

Forum List

Back