Lesson From A Woman

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
The bags read:

"I'm standing here in my lingerie because I'm a woman who enjoys wearing lingerie but does not enjoy:

Being catcalled

Being trafficked

Being sold

Being owned

Being told to be unhealthily thin

Being told to age unnaturally

Being street harassed and followed home by a car full of men at 2 in the morning (1) being asked to f-ck you like a b-tch or to suck on these n-ts and lick the d-ck (2) being called a hoe (3), a tramp (3), a stupid girl (3), or a little Asian friend (3), and being told that you love my lack of self respect (3), and that you got these b-tches all tipsy trying to sex you (3).

I'm standing here in my lingerie because I'm a woman who enjoys wearing lingerie and many MANY other things (4). HAVE AN AWESOME DAY! <3, D

(1) actually happened

(2) actual lyrics

(3) actual lyrics that aren't from hip hop songs

(4) see you next time! {my lingerie play}

The solution is not to tell women to cover up. The solution is not to tell women to keep chaste. The solution is not to tell women to stop being sexual beings. We are not asking to be harassed, abused, talked down to, or violated no matter what we are wearing. The solution is to change the way we are talked about for being a sexualized woman does not strip us of our humanity. The problem isn't sexualization, the problem is the DEGRADATION that comes along with women expressing it. #mylingerieplay"

She Stripped Down To Her Underwear On A Busy Street And Held Up 2 Bags. And Everyone Stared.

The bags read:

"I'm standing here in my lingerie because I'm a woman who enjoys wearing lingerie but does not enjoy:

Being catcalled

Being trafficked

Being sold

Being owned

Being street harassed and followed home by a car full of men at 2 in the morning (1) being asked to f-ck you like a b-tch or to suck on these n-ts and lick the d-ck (2) being called a hoe (3), a tramp (3), a stupid girl (3), or a little Asian friend (3), and being told that you love my lack of self respect (3), and that you got these b-tches all tipsy trying to sex you (3).

I'm standing here in my lingerie because I'm a woman who enjoys wearing lingerie and many MANY other things (4). HAVE AN AWESOME DAY! <3, D

(1) actually happened

(2) actual lyrics

The solution is not to tell women to cover up. The solution is not to tell women to keep chaste. The solution is not to tell women to stop being sexual beings. We are not asking to be harassed, abused, talked down to, or violated no matter what we are wearing. The solution is to change the way we are talked about for being a sexualized woman does not strip us of our humanity. The problem isn't sexualization, the problem is the DEGRADATION that comes along with women expressing it. #mylingerieplay"

She Stripped Down To Her Underwear On A Busy Street And Held Up 2 Bags. And Everyone Stared.

Is the lesson here

"I dress like a ho but you better not call me one?"

Seriously, how about acting the way you want to be treated?

The bags read:

Being catcalled

Being trafficked

Being sold

Being owned

(1) actually happened

(2) actual lyrics

With a bag to toss in donated cash?

Thread needs a pole. Seriously:

stripper-pole.jpg

Is the lesson here

She's actually fighting the Islamofascists more effectively than the lip service provided by most politicians. Shaming her for her outfit isn't much different than the treatment women in the ME get for not being completely covered up. It's amazing to me that many of those same closet Islamists, would criticize Obama for his plans. They really don't get what it's all about!!!

Is the lesson here

konradv said:
She's actually fighting the Islamofascists more effectively than the lip service provided by most politicians. Shaming her for her outfit isn't much different than the treatment women in the ME get for not being completely covered up. It's amazing to me that many of those same closet Islamists, would criticize Obama for his plans. They really don't get what it's all about!!!

Yeah, 'cause we allllllllllllllllllllll know that if there's one thing that makes a goddamned Islamofascist slimeball reshape his thinking about feminism's role in an Islamic world, it's a gal standing naked in the frick'n street.

They don't pay attention to the words on the posterboards, you idiot.

The message is nothing about freedom or feminism. It was the portrayal of a strong woman as an act.

For a buck.

Shock.

For a buck.

Is the lesson here

konradv said:

Yeah, 'cause we allllllllllllllllllllll know that if there's one thing that makes a goddamned Islamofascist slimeball reshape his thinking about feminism's role in an Islamic world, it's a gal standing naked in the frick'n street.

They don't pay attention to the words on the posterboards, you idiot.

I wasn't talking about them. I was talking about you. Though that is another point of similarity, you don't pay attention either.

Sexual harassment is to gun violence as sex is to guns...

It's not the instrument that is problematic -- it's the assholes who misuse it.
As the clueless here demonstrate.

DUMBbuttaDUMBbutta

Sexual harassment is to gun violence as sex is to guns...

It's not the instrument that is problematic -- it's the assholes who misuse it.
As the clueless here demonstrate.

DUMBbuttaDUMBbutta

no, a woman who goes out half dressed in public is definitely looking for the guy who is staring at her, whistling, etc etc.

What pisses them off is when guys they aren't interested in stare and whistle, etc etc.
That's just fact.

What she is wearing does not change the fact that she should not be harassed. The problem is not with what women wear or how much they drink. The problem is with the men who think they shouldbe able to force their desires on whomever they can, especially if they are drunk. Rapes are not caused by women.

What she is wearing does not change the fact that she should not be harassed. The problem is not with what women wear or how much they drink. The problem is with the men who think they shouldbe able to force their desires on whomever they can, especially if they are drunk. Rapes are not caused by women.

who said anything about rape? :dunno:

That's the extension and why Islamists keep their women covered. As YOU say, they're looking for it when they go out that way. It's just a matter of degree between your attitude and theirs, but the basis is the same.

That's the extension and why Islamists keep their women covered. As YOU say, they're looking for it when they go out that way. It's just a matter of degree between your attitude and theirs, but the basis is the same.

LOL that's a lot of degrees bro.

Not really. You've got the same basic attitude. Sorry if the truth hurts.

Not really. You've got the same basic attitude. Sorry if the truth hurts.

I'm an old fashioned guy. The truth never hurts me.

But, you're forgetting one key difference. The Muslims believe that a woman isn't just looking for attention if she is out and about dressed inappropriately, they believe she DESERVES to be raped if she does.

I do not believe that for one second. Nor do I condone physically attacking a woman for going in public dressed inappropriately. Though I would make exceptions for larger women. Beat them.

Bias is measured by its ability to affect the input so that output cannot be reconciled with the input. Let us describe what that bias is here first. The bias in question is that if a woman does not dress properly she is asking for it.

Let us give this bias two different inputs and we will see what their respective outputs are.

In first scenario, our input is a woman who is dressed in revealing clothes. Using the bias we have described, that woman is asking for catcall or other types of verbal abuse.

In a second scenario, our input is a nude woman. Using the same bias, the outcome can result in justification of the rape.

That is why it is important for you to realize that your bias is a serious issue and needs to be rectified. You cannot judge the gravity of your bias by measuring it against low inputs. The seriousness of your bias and harm that it does can only be measured when you put it through high inputs.

Last edited:

And stick-ups aren't caused by people walking through a ghetto counting how many hundreds they have in their wallet.

Forum List

Back