Leonard Cure shooting more than justified. Leftists weeping for the lost opportunity.

Have you ever been pulled over doing 100 MPH on a highway?
Nope. Still shouldn't be a death penalty thing.
Wasn't aware, doesn't change that HIS (Cure's) actions are what caused that.
Uh, no, it was the cop. Again- Cop was out of control and it wasn't the first time.
My guess is that it won't go anywhere.
Well, you'd be wrong.
Did you NOT watch the dash cam footage? Of course it was self-defense on the part of the Sherriff deputy...
I watched it, looks like the cop was starting the fight to me.

The foolishness of the entire thing Is that I'm pretty sure department policy is going to say that the police officer should have waited for backup for many reasons. Had he done that there would not have been any fatality in this instance. If Cure chose to run in the meantime well then he would have become a fugitive. In some areas reckless driving is automatically arrestable. If he knew before he pulled him over that he was going to make an arrest his first call should have been for backup.

Or...

The cop pulled him over, completely escalated the sitatution, and used lethal force against an unarmed man.

the ONLY time he drew was after the perp refused t cooperate and then he drew his taser and the only time he resorted to his service weapon was after being violently attacked and nearly killed several times. Quit with the lies already.

Actually, the guy was complying up until the point the officer tazed him.

Oh for Christ sake....The bodycam, as well as the dashcam of the entire situation is out, and clear....Cure is a POS thug that brought what happened to him, ON HIMSELF!
LEt's see what a jury says!

I don't think they'll agree.

Nope. Still shouldn't be a death penalty thing.

Uh, no, it was the cop. Again- Cop was out of control and it wasn't the first time.

Well, you'd be wrong.

I watched it, looks like the cop was starting the fight to me.

It wasn't a death penalty thing.

Oh a civil jury to be sure... unless the county does the sensible thing and settles....

I agree... So why did a cop shoot an unarmed man over a traffic violation?

Because the dumbass tried to kill the cop.

Duh...

Oh a civil jury to be sure... unless the county does the sensible thing and settles....
You think his family deserves a payout because according to you, the officer should have let him continue to drive the highway at 100 mph without consequence...And because the officer did his job and pulled over Mr. Cure, it was then the officer that caused Mr. Cure to immediately become combative, and refuse to comply with lawful orders the officer was giving him...I couldn't disagree more.

In fact, IF Mr. Cure had complied with the orders, chances are that he would have received a ticket, and told to slow down...Instead he chose the dumbest path imaginable, a hand to hand fight with an armed, and trained Sherriff deputy. He paid Darwin's price for that...Therefore, he doesn't pass go, and neither he nor his family collects. That's the way it should be. Now, do I know if the family in this current climate of settling these things will collect? No, I don't...But, it shouldn't even be entertained....

Because Mr. Cure was in hand to hand combat with the officer, and the move he was using was getting the better of the officer, as referenced by Mr. Cure clearly saying twice, "yeah bitch".... Now, I am not in the officers head, but at that point the officer's life is in danger, period, and therefore deadly force is justified, and that's what happened....My advice, don't fight a cop with a gun....

Because the dumbass tried to kill the cop.

Duh...

Actually, he didn't touch the cop until the cop Tased him.

You think his family deserves a payout because according to you, the officer should have let him continue to drive the highway at 100 mph without consequence...And because the officer did his job and pulled over Mr. Cure, it was then the officer that caused Mr. Cure to immediately become combative, and refuse to comply with lawful orders the officer was giving him...I couldn't disagree more.

He should have wrote the man a ticket for speeding. Period.

In fact, IF Mr. Cure had complied with the orders, chances are that he would have received a ticket, and told to slow down...Instead he chose the dumbest path imaginable, a hand to hand fight with an armed, and trained Sherriff deputy. He paid Darwin's price for that...Therefore, he doesn't pass go, and neither he nor his family collects. That's the way it should be. Now, do I know if the family in this current climate of settling these things will collect? No, I don't...But, it shouldn't even be entertained....

Except the cop was the one who approached the vehicle with weapon drawn screaming at a man who had already been traumatized by 16 years in prison on a false charge.

Because Mr. Cure was in hand to hand combat with the officer, and the move he was using was getting the better of the officer, as referenced by Mr. Cure clearly saying twice, "yeah bitch".... Now, I am not in the officers head, but at that point the officer's life is in danger, period, and therefore deadly force is justified, and that's what happened....My advice, don't fight a cop with a gun....

Isn't it funny that Joe, all of the sudden disappeared?
Uh, it means I have a life, Anger Issues, which included driving my wife to work, cooking her breakfast, and doing some shopping.

Actually, he didn't touch the cop until the cop Tased him.

He should have wrote the man a ticket for speeding. Period.

Except the cop was the one who approached the vehicle with weapon drawn screaming at a man who had already been traumatized by 16 years in prison on a false charge.

Uh, it means I have a life, Anger Issues, which included driving my wife to work, cooking her breakfast, and doing some shopping.
You are lying again the cop did not approach the vehicle with his weapon out.

Actually, you can't really see what is in his hand when he get out of the truck, but he does have it out pretty quickly.

You liar, he clearly draws it at the 16 second mark.

The proper question is why did Mr, Cure try and commit murder rather than taking a speeding ticket

I've never called a cop who showed up in time to be useful.

Again, the cop escalated the situation.

If cops did that in ever case, Anger Issues, we'd have a lot of problems.

So on one side, you have a man who spent 16 years in prison for a crime he didn't commit, who was already pre-disposed to fear and hate law enforcement,

and on the other, a police officer who had a record of abusing people during traffic stops, and was even fired from another police department for excessive force.
Both sides were wrong in this case. Because a cop is aggressive, that doesn't give a criminal, and driving that fast while intoxicated is criminal, the right to attack the cop.

How was that going to happen? He didn't even have a weapon.
Cops have been killed without weapons and have had their weapons taken from them and used to kill them many times. If you bothered to watch the dashcam video Cure pushed the cop out into fast-moving traffic, that's attempted murder right there regardless of any other actions he took.

This is a perfect example of what many of us said would happen as a direct result of the "defund the police" movement. Good cops quit and bad cops become the rule. We are going to see more and more of this as it gets harder to hire quality candidates to become cops.

It looks like the guy who escalated it was the cop, screaming at him and pointing weapons.

Funny, I've never had a cop approach me pointing a weapon. Because I'm white.

Um, he died.

Unless the state takes the prosecution... or the feds.

Wasn't an issue of self-defense. You can't claim self-defense if you created the situation.
On two occasions, I've had cops approach me during traffic stops while actually aiming weapons at me. One was my fault for exiting the vehicle while reaching for my wallet. The other was when my car matched the vehicle used in an armed robbery. It's a sobering experience and I was very careful NOT to escalate either situation. Oh, by the way, I'm white and well over six foot and used to be built like a linebacker.

Forum List

Back