Left's Love for Apple???

Discussion in 'Politics' started by GHook93, Oct 11, 2011.

1. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,931
    The left loves Apple and they love Steve Jobs more. They think it's the best and most American company out there. They call it a "Green Company."

Then they bash companies like Walmart and Target for only selling products made in China and avoiding environmental regulations, providing only low paying service jobs, providing weak healthcare benefits, for fighting the unions and the unionization of it's workforce, their owner is a billionaire and their executives millionaires and of coure for snuffling out the mom and pop companies.

But they love "Green" Apple!!! They think it's swell all-American Company and the opposite of Walmart and Target. But exam Apple:
    (1) Made In China: ALL of Apple's products are made, assembled and packaged overseas. I believe some of chips are made in Israel, but the everything else is made in China, including the raw materials! The reason is to avoid us business and envirnomental regs and the slave wages! Not to green!
    Where are apple computers manufactured?

(2) Low Paying Jobs: Surprise surprise, not the high payers. Do you wonder why it seems like the sales guys change regularly? Most make minimum wage some make a few dollars more. OK, what about the geniuses behind the genius bar, those guys are great help me out a ton (I will say it first hand, these guys are great, extremely knowledgable, efficient, great problem solvers and they work hard). To the tune of $32K (unless you management then $51K)
    http://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/Apple-Mac-Genius-Salaries-E1138_D_KO6,16.html

(3) Healthcare? What healthcare: They provide computers not healthcare! Even Walmart and Target provide healthcare. I know a bunch of sole practioners that have their wives work at Walmart, Target or Jewel to get healthcare!

(4) Unions: Just like another supposedly "Green" company Ben and Jerry's they fought unionization, but Apple won! No unions for this "leftist" company!

(5) Good to the Mom and Pops: Funny I never see any mom and pop computer stores anymore! Especially when Apple moves in. Heck there used to be a ton of computer repair stores offering a valuable service, but this Large Corp does it for free and snuffed out those mommies and daddies!!!

(6) They provide resonably priced products so even the poor can afford them:
    LOL, their computers are more expensive than Dell, HP, Compaq etc. Many times by ton. The IPhone isn't much cheaper either, one of the highest priced on the market. Not to mention the Ipad costs as much as a laptop and the new competing product that is coming out from google (forgot the name), is a quarter of the price. Not too good to the poor!

(7) Steve Jobs was a Billionaire: And his executives are millionaires! I think he and they falls into the 1%!!! :eusa_whistle:

Point of this thread is why does the left love them so much? Could it be they love the computers, Ipods, IPhones and Ipads; therefore, they give it a pass and call it a Green company? Nope I think the left is just so ignorant that they just think that companies they like are better than companies they don't like!

This is not to bash Apple. I love the Apple computers, the Ipad and the Iphone. Part of what I love about Apple is the genius bar. It's an invaluable service and they provide the best customer services of any company out there!

I wish they made their products here, but I current over-regulation, tax system and failure to fight the trade war with China prevents them and other manufacturers like them forming doing so! You can't blame them, because if they tried to stay state-side Steve would have had to change his name to Steve Jobless!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
  2. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Their factories in China employ children. And their safety record is abysmal. But that's all fine. Cuz it's Apple.

3. RDD_1210

RDD_1210 Forms his own opinions

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,002
    Why do you hate the job creators, envy the rich and promote class warfare??

4. blastoff

blastoff Undocumented Reg. User

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,610
    I own lots of Apple stuff. I don't care where they're made, how their people are paid, their benefits, how much the products cost, or anything else. IMO they're better than their competitors in a variety of ways and that's all that counts for me.

I'm the same way with other consumer products. If I like something, want it, and can afford it I buy.

5. RDD_1210

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,002
    Strawman thread of the day. Bravo!

6. paulitician

paulitician Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,974
    I just think they love their IPhones,IPads,and Macbooks too much to hate Apple. I don't think the other stuff matters. Apple outsources many jobs overseas. Many on the Left just can't live without some of these Apple products. That's the reality.

7. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,931
    I just hope the same people yelling and trying to shut down Walmart aren't the same people the get shivers up their leg by Apple!

8. RDD_1210

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,002
    Any evidence that they are the same people? Or are you inventing something to be outraged by?

9. TruthSeeker56

TruthSeeker56 Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +496
    Steve Jobs was the greatest snake oil salesman in U.S. history. He had the rare ability to TELL people what they wanted, and what they needed, whether they knew it or not.

Jobs also had the ability to over-hype and over-price his Apple products, and make billions of dollars in the process.

The iPod and iPhone and iPad are nothing more than over-priced variations of products that were already on the market before Apple introduced them. Most of the bells and whistles on the Apple "toys" are not needed.

Jobs made his money on the backs of underpaid Chinese workers who work in sweatshops, in lieu of employing thousands of AMERICAN workers and paying them decent wages. If that fact alone doesn't stop people from wanting to run out and buy Apple products, then so be it. I personally have NEVER owned an Apple product, and I never will. My adult children own Apple stuff, but that is their business.

10. paulitician

paulitician Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,974
    Why would anyone be trying to shut down any business during these awful times? We don't need anymore unemployed Americans. Who's trying to shut down Walmart?