Left's Love for Apple???

I've never owned an Apple product....seriously. They're over-priced and mostly under-utilized by those that purchase them.

That and making it appear to be a liberal-only phenomenon is intellectually dishonest.

You're being too kind. Making it appear to be a liberal-only phenomenon is 100% bullshit. I've never owned an Apple product in my life. And on top of that one of my most Conservative friends swears by his Apple Mac.

I wonder if he wants to try again......

I have an iPad... aside from great for viewing Netflix, I see little use for it.

Apple just like GE,produces some great products. But they both outsource many jobs overseas. So if you don't like foreigners making your IPhone or Macbook,then simply don't purchase those products or just give them up. I don't think this is political though. The Left as well as the Right love their gadgets. Hardly any thought goes into who or where they're made. It's not about politics.

Apple just like GE,produces some great products. But they both outsource many jobs overseas. So if you don't like foreigners making your IPhone or Macbook,then simply don't purchase those products or just give them up. I don't think this is political though. The Left as well as the Right love their gadgets. Hardly any thought goes into who or where they're made. It's not about politics.

If you're using a computer or mobile device - regardless of the brand - it's produced overseas. No one using a consumer electronic device of any sort has any business preaching about Made in America.

And everyone on this board is using such a device...

If you're using a computer or mobile device - regardless of the brand - it's produced overseas. No one using a consumer electronic device of any sort has any business preaching about Made in America.

And everyone on this board is using such a device...

This is true. People love their gadgets. This isn't political. If you're really against products being made overseas,then it's time to start living your life in accordance with that opposition. Just don't buy any products made overseas. It really is that simple. But good luck with that. Life will be a lot tougher.

Rush Limbaugh has been one of Apple's most ardent lovers for years.

Good. But why isn't the left protesting Apple and directing as much hate towards them as they do OTHER big, greedy corporations what moved operations overseas?

In fact, why aren't you people protesting car companies who make EXPENSIVE hybrids? GREEDY isn't it to ask for a high price on a car that is good for the planet?????????????

If you pretend there weren't any stories about the terrible conditions and suicides etc., that were going on in where they were making i-phones etc., then I guess you'd have a point.

If you don't pretend that, however, then I guess you're full of shit.

Time to practice what you preach. You don't like non-"Green" companies or outsourcing? Then don't buy any products from those companies. That's your call. I don't think it's a Left or Right issue though. People can't live without their tech gadgets. That's just the way it is.

I don't know who this "The Left" you speak of is, but I don't love Apple. In fact, I think the success of Apple is a testament to how dimwitted Americans are. Shiny packaging and commercials featuring dancing in the subway to indy-rock can take you only so far... Or can they? iFad after iFad after iFad proves successful.

But that's just me. :dunno:

Last edited:
Their factories in China employ children. And their safety record is abysmal. But that's all fine. Cuz it's Apple.

Why do you hate the job creators, envy the rich and promote class warfare??

A tad overly sensitive.... why is that? Truth hurts.

Ha, funny how using the right wing "rationale" for protecting big business at all costs is now seen as overly sensitive. You'd think with your mighty intellect and superior IQ you would have picked up on something like that.

I don't know who this "The Left" you speak of is, but I don't love Apple. In fact, I think the success of Apple is a testament to how dimwitted Americans are. Shiny packaging and commercials featuring dancing in the subway to indy-rock can take you only so far... Or can they? iFad after iFad after iFad proves successful.

Funny and accurate assessment. :lol:

I fell for it once... bought an iPad... still trying to figure out what to do with it after the Angry Birds glow wore off.

I fell for it once... bought an iPad... still trying to figure out what to do with it after the Angry Birds glow wore off.

Personally, I just don't get it. You can buy a whole laptop for the same price. Why would anyone opt for a giant iPhone instead?

I mean to each his own and whatnot, but dayum.

Personally, I just don't get it. You can buy a whole laptop for the same price. Why would anyone opt for a giant iPhone instead?

But an IPad is not a laptop, nor are any of the other tablets on the market. If you're comparing an Ipad to a laptop you're missing the reason people buy Ipads.

Whatever else they may be, tablets are consumption devices - devices designed almost exclusively to consume electronic content. Information, music, movies, news...They are a simple and convenient method to access and consume such content. They don't revolutionize what a computer, a dvd player, a stereo, an e-reader, a book, or any other media consumption device offers - they revolutionize the ability to access all that content online, anywhere and at any time on a small, lightweight device.

Of course, most people don't want or need that access at the moment. But many people do, and will pay dearly for it. Apple took the tablet from a virtually unknown form to one of the most popular devices sold - and created a market for tablets (all tablets) that didn't previously exist.

That's why people look to Steve Jobs as an innovator. Not because he came up with new ideas per se, but because he made new ideas better and created a market for them. Twenty years ago military and scientific endeavors bled over into the consumer market (the internet, computing, GPS). Companies such as Apple and Microsoft have flipped that on it's head, with consumer products bleeding over into those areas (in some cases obviously, not all).

I agree but GHook93 thinks otherwise. Either he should offer proof or admit this is a troll thread.

GHook93??? Where are you????

If I travelled by plane like I used to, it'd be great. Netflix jams on it other than that.... it's fucking useless.

:lol:

Forum List

Back