Left's Lies About AHCA

Spare_change

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2011
There is almost no one who agrees that Obamacare is perfect as it stands today. Fixes need to be made. The problem is that Democrats say they want changes, but would never stick their necks out to help Republicans, especially with Donald Trump in the White House. Also, some folks, like Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA), have resorted to straight up lying about the AHCA. No shocker there, as Democrats lied for months to sell Obamacare. Remember when then-President Obama said that his law would allow Americans to keep their doctor and their health care plans. Well, Harris decided to cause a panic by saying that the AHCA would deny coverage to 129 million people. That claim got four Pinocchios from The Washington Post.

The use of the word “could” does not get Harris off the hook. As currently drafted, the provision affects a relatively small portion of the health insurance market — and even then several factors would need to play out before a person faced an issue. Moreover, the Republican plan specifically sets aside billions of dollars to help states create high-risk or invisible health pools to assist people if their health condition results in higher premiums or loss of coverage during the one-year transition period. It’s a valid question about whether the funding is adequate, but that’s different than assuming there is no funding at all.
Yet Harris uses a very high figure to suggest that everyone with a preexisting condition is at risk. The gap between her number and the reality of who might be affected is too large to ignore.

So, we have the Left lying again and laughing at stories about people fighting cancer—and these people are demanding town hall events?

Stay Classy: Liberal Activists Laugh At GOP Congressman Telling Story About Wife's Cancer Fight

There is almost no one who agrees that Obamacare is perfect as it stands today. Fixes need to be made. The problem is that Democrats say they want changes, but would never stick their necks out to help Republicans, especially with Donald Trump in the White House. t

Well lets talk about that- 'fixes need to be made'- the GOP has never been willing to 'fix' the ACA- they for 8 years have declared that they were ready to repeal the ACA- but they didn't actually expect - or plan- to be able to do so.

And now they can't be seen to be willing to 'fix' the ACA- they have to be seen to be repealing the ACA.

If the GOP actually just wanted to fix parts of the ACA- Democrats would work with the GOP- but that isn't what was happening- or what will happen.

. No shocker there, as Democrats lied for months to sell Obamacare. Remember when then-President Obama said that his law would allow Americans to keep their doctor and their health care plans.t

I remember when the GOP declared that the ACA would lead to "Death Panels"- remember that? Remember when the GOP lied for months about that to try to sabotage the ACA?

I also remember when Trump said that any repeal of the ACA would keep the one provision that virtually all Americans supported-- the ban on denials because of pre-existing conditions.

Part of the problem with "Trumpcare" is that the GOP is doing all of the things that the GOP claimed that the Democrats were doing with the ACA- but the GOP really is doing it.

The GOP said that Democrats were ramming the ACA through without working with the GOP- but in reality the Democrats worked with the GOP for months before giving up since the GOP would not support the ACA.

The GOP has never tried to work with the Democrats on Trumpcare. And rammed this abomination through the House- and by abomination I mean a bill that the Senate has already agreed is basically going to get rewritten from the ground up.

What was passed by the House was passed because the GOP needed a win- not because it was good legislation- or that anyone expects will pass in the Senate.

What I wonder about though is why this bill didn't have the one thing that Trump had mentioned that Americans would support- using the power of the government to negotiate down the price of prescription medicine- that was the one idea Trump floated that would actually reduce the cost of health insurance in America- and it was nowhere in the bill.

Why not?

The problem with the "Affordable" Care Act is it sucks.

• The people who don't want to work get $0/month premiums with no out of pocket costs.
  • The people who do work have to pay for their employers expensive offerings or don't get state subsidies if they actually want a choice.
  • It aims to subsidize the elderly at the expense of young, healthy people who would never use their plan.
  • For those who work and aren't elderly, people pay premiums in excess of a car payment but the plan won't cover anything until they hit a high deductible.
  • It's driven away competition in many counties/states.
  • It's forced me to buy pediatric dental... Hello, I'm a 26 year old single man with no fucking kids. I shouldn't have to to pay for that coverage.
  • Perhaps I want to pay for my own flu shot - Oh wait, no we have to add that in as a "freebee" too, increasing the premium for everyone.

I bought health insurance through Fidelis a little less than a month ago and cancelled it today because I just can't deal with the bull shit. I'm not going to just throw money away every month so some senior citizen or city druggie can benefit from my expensive monthly payments. Let me add that when I signed up on April 27th, I was billed for the entire month of April ($164.08 for a catastrophic plan), a couple of days later billed for May (another $164.08), and then had an amount due for another $164.08 for June (due on May 30)... So I had to make three monthly payments in four weeks. What kind of bull shit is that? Insurance should have kicked in May 1st, not to mention good luck finding a doctor with that shit hole company.

. No shocker there, as Democrats lied for months to sell Obamacare. Remember when then-President Obama said that his law would allow Americans to keep their doctor and their health care plans.t

I remember when the GOP declared that the ACA would lead to "Death Panels"- remember that? Remember when the GOP lied for months about that to try to sabotage the ACA?

I also remember when Trump said that any repeal of the ACA would keep the one provision that virtually all Americans supported-- the ban on denials because of pre-existing conditions.

Part of the problem with "Trumpcare" is that the GOP is doing all of the things that the GOP claimed that the Democrats were doing with the ACA- but the GOP really is doing it.

The GOP said that Democrats were ramming the ACA through without working with the GOP- but in reality the Democrats worked with the GOP for months before giving up since the GOP would not support the ACA.

The GOP has never tried to work with the Democrats on Trumpcare. And rammed this abomination through the House- and by abomination I mean a bill that the Senate has already agreed is basically going to get rewritten from the ground up.

What was passed by the House was passed because the GOP needed a win- not because it was good legislation- or that anyone expects will pass in the Senate.

What I wonder about though is why this bill didn't have the one thing that Trump had mentioned that Americans would support- using the power of the government to negotiate down the price of prescription medicine- that was the one idea Trump floated that would actually reduce the cost of health insurance in America- and it was nowhere in the bill.

Why not?

Finished whining?

Now ... go get some truth. There are enough lies in this post to ... uhhh .... look like the Democratic Convention.

Why not?

Finished whining?

Now ... go get some truth. There are enough lies in this post to ... uhhh .... look like the Democratic Convention.

LOL- and you couldn't refute anything I said.

Go ahead- love you your Trumpcare- whatever that is- since no one can even agree on what it is- or will be.

Certainly Trump can't.

Why not?

Finished whining?

Go ahead- love you your Trumpcare- whatever that is- since no one can even agree on what it is- or will be.

Certainly Trump can't.
Refute it? How do you refute lies?

But ... reject it?? You damn right.

Why not?

Finished whining?

Certainly Trump can't.
Refute it? How do you refute lies?

But ... reject it?? You damn right.

Certainly Trump can't

Forum List

Back