Leftists Freak Out at the Thought of Cameras Exposing Fanatical CRT Teachers

Leftists Freak Out at the Thought of Cameras Exposing Fanatical CRT Teachers​

7 Jul 2021 ~~ By John Nolte
The far-left HuffPost is freaking over Tucker Carlson’s suggestion that cameras be placed in public school classrooms.
“Tucker Carlson Goes Full ‘1984’ With ‘Cameras In The Classroom’ Proposal,” screams the left-wing outlet’s headline.
“The Fox News personality suggested police-style body cameras to check on what every teacher is telling their students,” the sub-headline reads.
“Carlson, in a rant reminiscent of something from George Orwell’s classic dystopian novel ‘1984,’” author Lee Moran bleats, “called the teaching that racism is at least partly systemic… a ‘civilization-ending poison’ and ‘B.S.’”
Before we go any further… I’ve read 1984 at least three times and am unfamiliar with anything Tucker said that is “reminiscent of something from George Orwell’s classic dystopian novel[.]”
In fact, Tucker’s suggestion is the exact opposite of “something from George Orwell’s classic dystopian novel[.]” Tucker is suggesting we monitor the government. 1984 is about (among other things) the government monitoring private citizens. So Moran got his metaphor exactly wrong, which tells me he’s probably a product of government-run public schools.
Regardless, he huffs on, “He warned ‘we can’t really be sure’ how far it is being spread until ‘we finally get cameras in the classroom, as we put them on the chests of police officers.’”
What I found interesting about this piece is that other than screaming 1984!!!, no case or argument is made against the idea of cameras in government-run public school classrooms.
Is there one?
Is there a good argument against this kind of accountability and transparency?
~Snip~
The real issue here is just how brazenly public school teachers have become when it comes to teaching our kids pretty much everything but what they need to know. Leftists are never happier than when they’ve insinuated themselves between parent and child. Too many schools can’t teach kids to read or write, but they are sure teaching them to hate their country and all about “demi-sexuality.”
Tucker’s smart to bring this up, to make it part of the national conversation. Teachers and their evil unions are going to have a hard time explaining why they oppose such a thing. They will be on defense, which is exactly where they belong.

Comment:
Cameras would certainly expose incompetence, along with indoctrination and its techniques, favoritism, laziness, CRT, anything BLM, gay rights, religion bashing, white guilt/privilege advancement, etc.
Easy to see why Progressive Marxist/DSA Commies oppose this.
What have the teachers got to hide? We are in the age of Zoom and zero in-class learning. Stick a camera in the corner so those students who wish to work from home and via Zoom can. Oh, and you need to record the classes in case the student was out for some reason. All the better if the parents can review what is being taught in class.
If we demand body-cams for cops, why not cameras in the classroom?
CRT = accurate history.

Coming from you, that endorsement is worse than worthless.

Daycare centers have been doing this for many years so parents could check on their children whenever they liked. Just because your children get a little older doesn't mean parents quit wanting to ensure they're in a good environment. I know teachers who quit teaching because thug students threatened them, attacked them and other students and their hands were tied so they could do nothing to get the thugs out of their classes. It would be beneficial to students and decent teachers alike.

Hell, places that board PETS do this. As much as I love my dog, I don't think anyone will find it outrageous that I love my children far more.

Daycare centers have been doing this for many years so parents could check on their children whenever they liked. Just because your children get a little older doesn't mean parents quit wanting to ensure they're in a good environment. I know teachers who quit teaching because thug students threatened them, attacked them and other students and their hands were tied so they could do nothing to get the thugs out of their classes. It would be beneficial to students and decent teachers alike.

Hell, places that board PETS do this. As much as I love my dog, I don't think anyone will find it outrageous that I love my children far more.
If you love your children then you will protect their right to privacy and not helicopter over them 24/7 or monitor their schooling over streaming video. Let go, don't be one of those psycho parents.

I wonder if folks have considered who would actually watch this supposed video. Would any of those angrily demanding this actually sit and watch all their kids (or other peoples kids) all day, every day? Seems more likely that those calling for this would very likely never watch a minute of it. When you weigh that with the expense and the legal questions, it seems questionable if it would be worth it. I don't know any teachers who wouldn't welcome parents into their classrooms to observe then discuss what they saw in a conference later. I sure wouldn't mind. I would welcome it.

As far as I know daycare streaming is usually some grainy black and white video with no audio, so you can basically see that the poor hourly wage folks are not physically abusing the young children. We're talking about something entirely different here, where you can see, hear and experience everything that comes out the teachers--and thus, all the students'--mouths. That breaks ALL kind of privacy issues FOR THE CHILDREN.

No one on this or any other thread has come close to touching that, because really, it is true. I'm a teacher and have no problem with anyone hearing what I teach. The problem is: there are ALSO 25 minor children in the room.

But I'm to the point that hey, you asked for it, you got it. So when your learning disabled child has the para pro come in and every parent and whoever else is watching (God knows who that is, really) now knows that your child needs help in math.....or everyone knows that Ava wet her pants AGAIN today.....and everyone knows that Jaden got in trouble at recess AGAIN today.....I as a teacher will answer exactly ZERO calls about all these issues. You will NEVER see me teach anything close to CRT. You will see me handle all the issues above and dozens more on the daily. You, as the parent of Ava, Jaden and etc don't want the entire class of parents and God knows who knowing your kid's issues?

Too bad.

You asked for it.

I wonder if folks have considered who would actually watch this supposed video. Would any of those angrily demanding this actually sit and watch all their kids (or other peoples kids) all day, every day? Seems more likely that those calling for this would very likely never watch a minute of it. When you weigh that with the expense and the legal questions, it seems questionable if it would be worth it. I don't know any teachers who wouldn't welcome parents into their classrooms to observe then discuss what they saw in a conference later. I sure wouldn't mind. I would welcome it.

I would gladly have parents in to my classroom to observe.

I teach elementary. For what a camera in the classroom would turn into, see what I just typed. Realize we see parents at the beginning of a child's school career. The camera in the classroom would turn into creepy parents spying on other people's kids and make no mistake about that. People on these boards are just thinking in the binary--teachers BAD, parents GOOD.

Really, folks?

You look at the general population and you think, gosh, there has never been another parent in any of my kids' classes about whom I would think, no, I don't want this person to see what my kid is doing and saying every minute of the school day?

I don't think you are all really thinking this through.

The far-left HuffPost is freaking over Tucker Carlson’s suggestion that cameras be placed in public school classrooms.
“Tucker Carlson Goes Full ‘1984’ With ‘Cameras In The Classroom’ Proposal,” screams the left-wing outlet’s headline.
“The Fox News personality suggested police-style body cameras to check on what every teacher is telling their students,” the sub-headline reads.
“Carlson, in a rant reminiscent of something from George Orwell’s classic dystopian novel ‘1984,’” author Lee Moran bleats, “called the teaching that racism is at least partly systemic… a ‘civilization-ending poison’ and ‘B.S.’”
Before we go any further… I’ve read 1984 at least three times and am unfamiliar with anything Tucker said that is “reminiscent of something from George Orwell’s classic dystopian novel[.]”
In fact, Tucker’s suggestion is the exact opposite of “something from George Orwell’s classic dystopian novel[.]” Tucker is suggesting we monitor the government. 1984 is about (among other things) the government monitoring private citizens. So Moran got his metaphor exactly wrong, which tells me he’s probably a product of government-run public schools.
Regardless, he huffs on, “He warned ‘we can’t really be sure’ how far it is being spread until ‘we finally get cameras in the classroom, as we put them on the chests of police officers.’”
What I found interesting about this piece is that other than screaming 1984!!!, no case or argument is made against the idea of cameras in government-run public school classrooms.
Is there one?
~Snip~
The real issue here is just how brazenly public school teachers have become when it comes to teaching our kids pretty much everything but what they need to know. Leftists are never happier than when they’ve insinuated themselves between parent and child. Too many schools can’t teach kids to read or write, but they are sure teaching them to hate their country and all about “demi-sexuality.”
Tucker’s smart to bring this up, to make it part of the national conversation. Teachers and their evil unions are going to have a hard time explaining why they oppose such a thing. They will be on defense, which is exactly where they belong.

Comment:
Cameras would certainly expose incompetence, along with indoctrination and its techniques, favoritism, laziness, CRT, anything BLM, gay rights, religion bashing, white guilt/privilege advancement, etc.
What have the teachers got to hide? We are in the age of Zoom and zero in-class learning. Stick a camera in the corner so those students who wish to work from home and via Zoom can. Oh, and you need to record the classes in case the student was out for some reason. All the better if the parents can review what is being taught in class.
Yeah...the same losers who refuse to help their kids with homework (not that they could offer much help) are going to tune into the live feed and listen to a discussion on Shakespeare.

You guys are so full of shit.

Well, feel free to spend a few hundred million dollars in a district in a red state; install the cameras, try to fire a teacher who will appeal and end up being reassigned, etc...

You guys simply refuse to learn from your past mistakes.

I teach elementary. For what a camera in the classroom would turn into, see what I just typed. Realize we see parents at the beginning of a child's school career. The camera in the classroom would turn into creepy parents spying on other people's kids and make no mistake about that. People on these boards are just thinking in the binary--teachers BAD, parents GOOD.

Really, folks?

You look at the general population and you think, gosh, there has never been another parent in any of my kids' classes about whom I would think, no, I don't want this person to see what my kid is doing and saying every minute of the school day?

Are those comments directed at me?

Is there one?
~Snip~

Comment:
This is a lie.

The theory is not being taught in public schools.

Really, folks?

Are those comments directed at me?

No sorry, just at the general population here who thinks cameras with audio and visual are a great idea.

To be clear: everyone imagines they get full access to the teacher, which is fine. No one ALSO realizes they get full access to EVERYONE'S KIDS. Which is creepy. So no.

Is there one?
~Snip~

Comment:
This is a lie.

The theory is not being taught in public schools.

You can't say that with any kind of finality. It certainly is in SOME. And where it is, parents have the absolute right to know.

CRT should not be taught or employed in public schools. My issue in this thread is the proposed "remedy" to the problem--cameras in every classroom. I don't think people are considering all and angles--no pun intended.

Ah, yes. "If you're not going to binge-watch it all day every day, then you don't REALLY want it and it serves no purpose." There's an "all or nothing" fallacy deflection if I ever heard one.

Ah, yes. "If you're not going to binge-watch it all day every day, then you don't REALLY want it and it serves no purpose." There's an "all or nothing" fallacy deflection if I ever heard one.
Why did you use quotation marks when you were NOT quoting me? If you have nothing to say beyond dishonesty and misrepresentation then you have nothing to say.

Why did you use quotation marks when you were NOT quoting me? If you have nothing to say beyond dishonesty and misrepresentation then you have nothing to say.

I thought you were claiming to be a teacher. How have you never heard of the other uses of quotation marks? What I did is called "paraphrasing", albeit a very loose usage of that function, since I was doing it sarcastically to mock your sanctimonious "outrage". Good to know you're so qualified to educate children that you don't know that.

If you have nothing to say beyond whining about how every disagreement with you is "dishonesty and misrepresentation", then you have nothing to say. Feel free to run away from any scary dissent you can't handle, but don't expect me to stop pointing out your bullshit to everyone else.

I repeat, the so-called point you thought you were making is a logical fallacy used for deflection when you don't have a real argument. That is not "dishonesty" or "misrepresentation" on my part. Those are just more deflections from you, and they prove my original point.

I thought you were claiming to be a teacher. How have you never heard of the other uses of quotation marks? What I did is called "paraphrasing", ...
Quotation marks are used for quotes, not paraphrasing.

No, that depends on how one is doing the paraphrasing. In this case, I am in effect quoting myself mockingly restating your bullshit as what it really means.

By all means, continue displaying your "stellar" education, and the reason why I educate my children and the likes of you isn't allowed anywhere near them. I devoutly hope that English composition and creative writing are not your fields of endeavor.

I thought you were claiming to be a teacher. How have you never heard of the other uses of quotation marks? What I did is called "paraphrasing", ...
Quotation marks are used for quotes, not paraphrasing.

No, that depends on how one is doing the paraphrasing. ...
Wrong, and you were NOT paraphrasing in any case.

Forum List

Back