Left When Coal Minors Lose Their Jobs: You’re Obsolete, Learn to Code!

Yeah, 50 year old coal miners learning how to code. That's a realistic picture, isn't it?

What...you think they're stupid?

I don't
No. I think learning something so alien to them at that age is virtually impossible. These aren't the guys who were top of their class in high school, ya know. I've seen plenty of people in the business who don't seen to understand the simplest concepts.

Although wind turbine techs would probably be closer to their skills...and gee...I saw a LOT of wind turbines in the mountains of south western PA when I was flying home from Chicago
Well YOU seem to have a pretty low opinion of these folks

Government workers have a few paychecks delayed: Its an epic catastrophe!

“I mention these anecdotes not because I think the present record-setting shutdown is good or sane policy but because I am trying to illustrate why I and other Americans have a hard time caring much about it. In the popular imagination — and sometimes in dozens of little-read memos from the inspectors general of various departments — the average federal employee appears to be lazy, incompetent, performing meaningless tasks for too much pay, with an enviable array of benefits and other amenities (I still roll my eyes in disgust whenever I am reminded that there exist special credit unions for federal employees, whose pay and job security would be the envy of a hundred million other Americans). Government employees, at both the state and federal level, are among the only workers in the United States who continue to be represented by powerful unions, despite the fact that by definition they’re not bargaining against capital but against their fellow citizens.

This is to say nothing of the vast assortment of contractors, consultants, and hangers-on whose “work” has been temporarily interrupted by the shutdown. Their grotesque salaries have blighted the landscape with McMansions and driven housing prices in Maryland and northern Virginia to a level beyond what most families with children will ever be able to afford. So the people whose job it is to bid up the price of useless airplanes or dream up rival marketing schemes for some “cloud” project while our nation’s capital lacks a functional public transit system are going to have .05 percent fewer billable hours for the year? Boo hoo.”

America's shutdown indifference - Hot Air
Wrong. The left offers to TEACH them to code. The right is the "fuck them" wing.
The only thing the left does is give university students coloring books and stuffed animals.

“I mention these anecdotes not because I think the present record-setting shutdown is good or sane policy but because I am trying to illustrate why I and other Americans have a hard time caring much about it. In the popular imagination — and sometimes in dozens of little-read memos from the inspectors general of various departments — the average federal employee appears to be lazy, incompetent, performing meaningless tasks for too much pay, with an enviable array of benefits and other amenities (I still roll my eyes in disgust whenever I am reminded that there exist special credit unions for federal employees, whose pay and job security would be the envy of a hundred million other Americans). Government employees, at both the state and federal level, are among the only workers in the United States who continue to be represented by powerful unions, despite the fact that by definition they’re not bargaining against capital but against their fellow citizens.

This is to say nothing of the vast assortment of contractors, consultants, and hangers-on whose “work” has been temporarily interrupted by the shutdown. Their grotesque salaries have blighted the landscape with McMansions and driven housing prices in Maryland and northern Virginia to a level beyond what most families with children will ever be able to afford. So the people whose job it is to bid up the price of useless airplanes or dream up rival marketing schemes for some “cloud” project while our nation’s capital lacks a functional public transit system are going to have .05 percent fewer billable hours for the year? Boo hoo.”

Wrong. The left offers to TEACH them to code. The right is the "fuck them" wing.
The only thing the left does is give university students coloring books and stuffed animals.
And yet you still to know less than nothing about any topic of import, ever. So what's your excuse? We definitely can't blame college...

Home school your spawn.

And yet you still to know less than nothing about any topic of import, ever. So what's your excuse? We definitely can't blame college...

I know enough to be able to write English.

Well...those out of work coal minors could always get jobs TROLLING like the assholes above

I know enough to be able to write English.
Well, whenever we are in need of an expert on typos or iron age fairy tales, we will look you up.

So, will you care about the "coal minors", once they turn 18? Jackass...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back