Left When Coal Minors Lose Their Jobs: You’re Obsolete, Learn to Code!

Yes, not Obama's entire time in office but under Trump more coal plants have been closed than Obama's entire first term.

More coal plants have closed under Trump than in Obama's last term - CNNPolitics

Do you think Trump should personally sign their unemployment checks and look them in the eye when he hands them out? Or are you suddenly going to lose interest?

You provided link to CNN, not data how many plants were closed during Barry or Trump.

You obviously didn't go through the entire link, did you?

No data in the CNN video, or in article. However, there is a link to the official EIA website that doesn't support your your or CNN claims.

View attachment 243323

Yes, that link is what I was referring to, glad you finally got there.

And yes, more coal fired power plants have been closed in Trump's first two years than Obama's entire first term.

Protip: the larger the column the more plant closures.

"entire first term"... LOL

Riiiiight, cherry picking... It takes time for the regulations to take effect, and you can see from the chart what happens when those Barry's regulations finally kicked in. Just as it will take some time for deregulation to take effect.

That was my point from the very beginning. We don't have Trump's second half of his first term nor a second term to compare to Obama's.

Now, you made a claim that it's regulations that have closed plants in the last 2 years, prove it. Also, why hasn't Trump stopped it?

You provided link to CNN, not data how many plants were closed during Barry or Trump.

No data in the CNN video, or in article. However, there is a link to the official EIA website that doesn't support your your or CNN claims.

View attachment 243323

And yes, more coal fired power plants have been closed in Trump's first two years than Obama's entire first term.

Riiiiight, cherry picking... It takes time for the regulations to take effect, and you can see from the chart what happens when those Barry's regulations finally kicked in. Just as it will take some time for deregulation to take effect.

That was my point from the very beginning. We don't have Trump's second half of his first term nor a second term to compare to Obama's.

Now, you made a claim that it's regulations that have closed plants in the last 2 years, prove it. Also, why hasn't Trump stopped it?

The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger that to produce it.

You do know that it takes time for regulation to take effect. It's not Trump that threatened coal, it was your boy-king Barry. Reversal of policies also take time. Some might work, some wont work, not just with coal, but with other industries. Unlike Barry, Trump is not the enemy of coal and American manufacturing.

Now, should we compare first two years of Barry with first two years of Trump on job creations?

View attachment 243323

The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger that to produce it.

You do know that it takes time for regulation to take effect. It's not Trump that threatened coal, it was your boy-king Barry. Reversal of policies also take time. Some might work, some wont work, not just with coal, but with other industries. Unlike Barry, Trump is not the enemy of coal and American manufacturing.

Long winded way of saying you're not going to back your point up, like...with anything.

View attachment 243323

Long winded way of saying you're not going to back your point up, like...with anything.

My point is that you posted bullshit and I called you on it.

Now, should we compare first two years of Barry with first two years of Trump on job creations?

My point is that you posted bullshit and I called you on it.

Nope, I back up my point and you attempted to make one but haven't done shit to prove it. Couldn't be more simple.

View attachment 243323

We spout coal plant closings and destroying marginal communities. Coal being a buggy whip. Then we build endless windmills costing hundreds of billions of dollars in research. And still at this time a buggy whip with lights on it supplied by a battery.

We spout coal plant closings and destroying marginal communities. Coal being a buggy whip. Then we build endless windmills costing hundreds of billions of dollars in research. And still at this time a buggy whip with lights on it supplied by a battery.

Did you reply to the wrong post?

We HAVE put a lot of coal plants out of business...more under Trump than Obama

And it was the ECONOMY that did that

You are so dishonest, the Clinton and Obama filth BRAGGED about it, idiot! These rich liberal elitists enjoyed fucking over fellow Americans.

I cannot possibly be the only "moderate income" American who noticed the level of sneering, condescending, dehumanizing HATRED liberal pigs have for blue-collar, white working-class Americans. Everything about liberalfilth is a song and dance of, "We elites know better than you, we are your governmental parents, you need to listen to your betters, you oh-so-simple, working class white peasants! You aren't capable of knowing your best interests."

We HAVE put a lot of coal plants out of business...more under Trump than Obama

And it was the ECONOMY that did that

You are so dishonest, the Clinton and Obama filth BRAGGED about it, idiot! These rich liberal elitists enjoyed fucking over fellow Americans.
Hey dumbass..they didn't BRAG ABOUT IT...They noted a FACT...which if you have paid attention...has turned out to be true

I cannot possibly be the only "moderate income" American who noticed the level of sneering, condescending, dehumanizing HATRED liberal pigs have for blue-collar, white working-class Americans. Everything about liberalfilth is a song and dance of, "We elites know better than you, we are your governmental parents, you need to listen to your betters, you oh-so-simple, working class white peasants! You aren't capable of knowing your best interests."
What are you whining about?

If you work in a dying industry you need to retrain and find another way to make a living.

It's not all that uncommon. I was going to be a teacher. I ended up being a mechanic and now a project manager

What are you whining about?

If you work in a dying industry you need to retrain and find another way to make a living.

It's not all that uncommon. I was going to be a teacher. I ended up being a mechanic and now a project manager
Traditional media is a dying industry. I haven't watched network TV in 10 years.

Government workers have a few paychecks delayed: Its an epic catastrophe!

“I mention these anecdotes not because I think the present record-setting shutdown is good or sane policy but because I am trying to illustrate why I and other Americans have a hard time caring much about it. In the popular imagination — and sometimes in dozens of little-read memos from the inspectors general of various departments — the average federal employee appears to be lazy, incompetent, performing meaningless tasks for too much pay, with an enviable array of benefits and other amenities (I still roll my eyes in disgust whenever I am reminded that there exist special credit unions for federal employees, whose pay and job security would be the envy of a hundred million other Americans). Government employees, at both the state and federal level, are among the only workers in the United States who continue to be represented by powerful unions, despite the fact that by definition they’re not bargaining against capital but against their fellow citizens.

This is to say nothing of the vast assortment of contractors, consultants, and hangers-on whose “work” has been temporarily interrupted by the shutdown. Their grotesque salaries have blighted the landscape with McMansions and driven housing prices in Maryland and northern Virginia to a level beyond what most families with children will ever be able to afford. So the people whose job it is to bid up the price of useless airplanes or dream up rival marketing schemes for some “cloud” project while our nation’s capital lacks a functional public transit system are going to have .05 percent fewer billable hours for the year? Boo hoo.”

America's shutdown indifference - Hot Air
Wrong. The left offers to TEACH them to code. The right is the "fuck them" wing.

Government workers have a few paychecks delayed: Its an epic catastrophe!

“I mention these anecdotes not because I think the present record-setting shutdown is good or sane policy but because I am trying to illustrate why I and other Americans have a hard time caring much about it. In the popular imagination — and sometimes in dozens of little-read memos from the inspectors general of various departments — the average federal employee appears to be lazy, incompetent, performing meaningless tasks for too much pay, with an enviable array of benefits and other amenities (I still roll my eyes in disgust whenever I am reminded that there exist special credit unions for federal employees, whose pay and job security would be the envy of a hundred million other Americans). Government employees, at both the state and federal level, are among the only workers in the United States who continue to be represented by powerful unions, despite the fact that by definition they’re not bargaining against capital but against their fellow citizens.

This is to say nothing of the vast assortment of contractors, consultants, and hangers-on whose “work” has been temporarily interrupted by the shutdown. Their grotesque salaries have blighted the landscape with McMansions and driven housing prices in Maryland and northern Virginia to a level beyond what most families with children will ever be able to afford. So the people whose job it is to bid up the price of useless airplanes or dream up rival marketing schemes for some “cloud” project while our nation’s capital lacks a functional public transit system are going to have .05 percent fewer billable hours for the year? Boo hoo.”

America's shutdown indifference - Hot Air
Wrong. The left offers to TEACH them to code. The right is the "fuck them" wing.
Yeah, 50 year old coal miners learning how to code. That's a realistic picture, isn't it?

Yeah, 50 year old coal miners learning how to code.
Correct. Or one of many other skills. Or they can become what you like to call, "parasites". I'm sure you'd like that.
Shit like that is one of the many reasons that no one takes you seriously.
Except those , indeed, are their options. The things I said are facts. You can pitch your little fit all night and tomorrow, and they will still be facts.

And, of course, it is an excellent idea to take laid off workers from a dying industry and retrain them for a job that is experiencing labor shortages.

Although wind turbine techs would probably be closer to their skills...and gee...I saw a LOT of wind turbines in the mountains of south western PA when I was flying home from Chicago

Forum List

Back