Left OUTRAGED with Republican Susan Collins-who voted FOR the stimulus bill!

Here's a little poetic justice for we conservatives. Republican Susan Collins, along with Olympia Snow & Arlan Spector had a real opportunity to pressure democrats regarding the 787 BILLION dollar economic stimulus bill to rid it of pork & earmarks. They didn't--they chose to sign off on it.

It appears that republican Susan Collins insisted that 1.9 BILLION for CDC research be removed from the bill-or she wouldn't sign it. She stated at the time she did not believe this to be economic stimulus.

Democrats removed it--& of course she signed it. NOW--that the swine flu is in the news--the left is outraged at her for insisting that the 1.9 billion for the CDC was removed.

I wonder if she is real happy about signing off on the 787 BILLION dollar stimulus bill now??--he.he.he.

They can still pass a bill and if it gets bad, they probably will do that. I'm not mad at the three who worked to get the stimulus out. They were there when all the other Rs were sitting around obstructing.

Obstructing? The Dems didn't need their votes,they just like whining about it. Nice try though.

Oreo,

You make an outrageous assertion in you thread title, then slither off without defending your premise?

hssss!

Last time the government tried to combat the swine flu, 25 people died needlessly due to reactions from 'forced' government inoculations.

Like Reagan said, the most deadly words in the English dictionary, "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Lots of stuff didn't belong in a stimulus package; including this.

well, true... tax cuts didn't belong in the stimulus bill.

but to get back to the OP... who on earth says anyone is "OUTRAGED"?

(pretty strong language there).

Actually, I was thinking of the AIG bonuses. Reading is fundamental! :idea:

Don't know about the outrage; don't care either.

I'm outraged at her.

For signing that ruinous pork bill disguised as 'stimulous.'

The outrage of the OP was referring to this: Left OUTRAGED with Republican Susan Collins

I don't care if the left is outraged at her or not.
she's one of my two senators that i'm not happy with either
but i fully expected her to do what she did
shes always been like this

Good point

How is funding CDC "Economically Stimulating"?

If the Stimulus Bill purpose is to provide Stimulus and only stimulus, then Collins made the right call.

Also, as some one pointed out, funding for the CDC can still be voted for. Additionally, any funding that would have occured before the Swine flu break out may not be appointed to the Pandemic now. In fact, it is last years funding that the CDC is using to combat Swine Flu since they probabluy did not recieve the total funding for this year as of yet.

Forum List

Back