Left or Right, Will You Apologize if You Were Wrong About Cain?

Will you apologize based on the question asked in the body of the thread?

• I'm on the Right, and I will apologize

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm on the Right, and I will not apologize

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • I'm on the Left, and I will apologize

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • I'm on the left, and I will not apologize

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Don't know/Unsure

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
Whether you are on the left end of the political spectrum or the right end of the political spectrum, will you apologize if proof OR a preponderance of the evidence is so overwhelming that you are forced to admit that you were either wrong to believe Herman Cain's accusers or wrong to believe Herman Cain's denials?
No one has shown any picture claimed that was taken of "one of the accusers" of Mr. Cain, but I did find one of the claimees, introduced earlier by Gloria Allred as a woman who'd been harassed a number of years ago.

The photo was actually taken one month ago, when the woman approached Mr. Cain at a speech he was giving: Since the photo may be protected by copyright, I'm just showing a link.

The page had a link to another site about the same person that has a list of the lawsuits against her for grifting people: link

It's too bad some bring to the table with them a history of false accusations against important or just wealthy people. They seek them out, and wait for an opportunity to strike.

I'm beginning to wonder about the other accusers. When I went looking them up, one acccuser is actually is employed by a federal government office. Of course, the website I found that one at was saying that she worked for Obama. That's a pretty big umbrella. The federal government is vast. :rolleyes:

From another source, that picture is not of Bialek with Cain. Bialek says that she spoke to him to see if he'd apologize.

Witness: Sharon Bialek hugged Herman Cain during Tea Party meeting a month ago - PhotoGallery - Chicago Sun-Times

I'd drop that website from my list, they are dishonest.

The stripper made criminal allegations against the Duke lacrosse team. She lied. People lie for money everyday, especially in sexual harrassment cases.

She lied to get even with them for some nasty comments they made. She committed a crime, but they were a bunch of sorry bastards.

Doesn't matter....and they probably are a bunch of assholes, but you don't make criminal allegations against someone because they call you names or make nasty comments.

No one has shown any picture claimed that was taken of "one of the accusers" of Mr. Cain, but I did find one of the claimees, introduced earlier by Gloria Allred as a woman who'd been harassed a number of years ago.

The photo was actually taken one month ago, when the woman approached Mr. Cain at a speech he was giving: Since the photo may be protected by copyright, I'm just showing a link.

The page had a link to another site about the same person that has a list of the lawsuits against her for grifting people: link

It's too bad some bring to the table with them a history of false accusations against important or just wealthy people. They seek them out, and wait for an opportunity to strike.

I'm beginning to wonder about the other accusers. When I went looking them up, one acccuser is actually is employed by a federal government office. Of course, the website I found that one at was saying that she worked for Obama. That's a pretty big umbrella. The federal government is vast. :rolleyes:

From another source, that picture is not of Bialek with Cain. Bialek says that she spoke to him to see if he'd apologize.

Witness: Sharon Bialek hugged Herman Cain during Tea Party meeting a month ago - PhotoGallery - Chicago Sun-Times

I'd drop that website from my list, they are dishonest.

The stripper made criminal allegations against the Duke lacrosse team. She lied. People lie for money everyday, especially in sexual harrassment cases.

She lied to get even with them for some nasty comments they made. She committed a crime, but they were a bunch of sorry bastards.

Doesn't matter....and they probably are a bunch of assholes, but you don't make criminal allegations against someone because they call you names or make nasty comments.

I agree, her wrongdoing was criminal. They were just being assholes.

Cain has lied on camera about what he knew. I can't apoligize for that.

Erm.

How about if you're left-ish, but you haven't made any accusations?

Personally, I don't know if he did anything at all. Looks suspicious, I'm not making a judgement.

I will say that he is just the latest in a long line of politicians to suffer this type of attack.

You can thank Rush Limbaugh for ushering in the age of sexual character assassination. Bill Clinton, 1992. 'Nuff said.

I'm not a Cain supporter, Avorysuds. Another poster came up with a long list of "proofs" but no link. I asked for a link. I received no response, and the poster was all over USMB on other threads, while I was holding the bag at that thread, waiting for him to show me what he had found to base his claims against Mr. Cain. I know a lot of good people here who like Mr. Cain and think they'd like him to represent them in the Oval Office. Because I respect them, I want to see proof positive against their candidate of all the accusations that have come up in the past two weeks against him.

I'm not finding credible proof, and those who make claims are not sharing their details yet.

I really don't know what to think.

Two of the people are still anonymous accusers, three I know are ones I'm not sure are telling the truth, considering the details surrounding their or their friends' claims.

Creating a firestorm of discreditation of one's political opponents is a schema in the Saul Alinsky book of cheating the public out of free markets and replacing it with a communist society. Saul Alinsky was a dedicated communist, and the American people deserve better than a pack of political lies. I want and require proof before I make a decision.

I take it you're referring to me as the poster that;'s all around USMB and who you're waiting for for evidence...the pic of Cain and yesterday's accuser.

I don't have the image, nor am I looking for it. I'm hopeful it will show up.

It was reported that the two were seen together. And Bailik (sp) herself said that she saw him.

I believe her.

Are you saying that you're taking Cain's words and testimony as gospel truth/fact?
Link to Photo with Accuser taken last month.

List of Accusers Grifter Lawsuits

If I were taking Cain's words and testimony as gospel fact, would I be asking you to show me how you knew there was a photograph? While I was hanging around the other thread, I got bored and did some search engine work and found those two links.

If you don't care for the information I found, you had plenty of opportunity to tell me where you went to find out your allegations, so don't put blame on me. I thought you could back up your claims.
I listen to talk radio, practically all day. And I have the tv on on MSNBC as backdrop. I believe I saw a tweet from one of the reporters stating there's a photo of the two at a TP event. I believed it, that was good enough for me.

I wasn't about to go on a goose egg hunt to prove something I already believed. If it didn't exist, I'd find out soon enough.

With that said, I thank you for finding and posting the pic. Now we KNOW, without a shadow of a doubt, that Cain lied during his presser today.

Does that change anything as far as your thoughts of Cain and his campaign are concerned?

Amy Jacobson, the woman saying that she saw Bialek hug Cain.

The link that was posted earlier left off the caption, in an apparent attempt at deception.

Here's the picture with the caption.

I take it you're referring to me as the poster that;'s all around USMB and who you're waiting for for evidence...the pic of Cain and yesterday's accuser.

I don't have the image, nor am I looking for it. I'm hopeful it will show up.

It was reported that the two were seen together. And Bailik (sp) herself said that she saw him.

I believe her.

Are you saying that you're taking Cain's words and testimony as gospel truth/fact?
Link to Photo with Accuser taken last month.

List of Accusers Grifter Lawsuits

If I were taking Cain's words and testimony as gospel fact, would I be asking you to show me how you knew there was a photograph? While I was hanging around the other thread, I got bored and did some search engine work and found those two links.

If you don't care for the information I found, you had plenty of opportunity to tell me where you went to find out your allegations, so don't put blame on me. I thought you could back up your claims.
I listen to talk radio, practically all day. And I have the tv on on MSNBC as backdrop. I believe I saw a tweet from one of the reporters stating there's a photo of the two at a TP event. I believed it, that was good enough for me.

I wasn't about to go on a goose egg hunt to prove something I already believed. If it didn't exist, I'd find out soon enough.

With that said, I thank you for finding and posting the pic. Now we KNOW, without a shadow of a doubt, that Cain lied during his presser today.

Does that change anything as far as your thoughts of Cain and his campaign are concerned?
I didn't come to the table as a Cain supporter, Marc. I'm just trying to sort through information people bring here and put it to the test. The information I agree doesn't pass muster. I still respect people who support Cain, though, as well as many of those on the other side of the aisle, who for reasons in their hearts and heads, support President Obama.

The best way for the victim of a sexual crime is to (1) Report the crime to the police within a day of the crime (2) Request a rape kit in at a hospital, and (3) Don't sell self-respect in issues of sexual harassment for any amount of money, do it right through the justice system and get justice.

Reporting an encounter 12 to 14 years later does not go well without the corroborating evidence I just listed.

Last edited:
You're kind of missing the point, Becki. You do understand that she claims she was groped, but not raped, right?

It would have been pointless to try and report sexual harassment when it happened to me.

There was no law protecting employees from sexual harassment then. Being groped by a boss IS sexual harassment.

Whether you are on the left end of the political spectrum or the right end of the political spectrum, will you apologize if proof OR a preponderance of the evidence is so overwhelming that you are forced to admit that you were either wrong to believe Herman Cain's accusers or wrong to believe Herman Cain's denials?

Nope.

First, I've been pretty open minded on the issue. I've granted they might have a legit grievence, but I reserved judgment until we had real people putting their names to accusations. Now that we do, we can evaluate them.

Second, even if everything said about Cain proves to be not true, I think the way he's handled the problem shows he's not ready to be president. Changing stories, trying to shift blame, treating the people listening to him like they're stupid. Heck, if we wanted that shit, we should just re-elect freakin' Obama. Even if had nothing to hide, he acted like a man with something to hide.

Third, I think that sexual harrassment is bullshit. Always has been. It's been a way for underachievers and slackers to get back at the co-workers and bosses who get things done. These women need to grow thicker skins, if the worst they are offended by is a suggestive comment or an inappropriate gesture. Woman #4 might have something a little more substansive, but there are holes in her story, too.

Final Point. Cain never, ever should have gotten this far. Never served in office, profoundly ignorant of the subjects he's talking about. It is only because everyone else running is so lackluster and mediocre that he has his fifteen minutes on the dunk tank.

Hmmm... not sure about the original question. Cain is a schill for the banksters.

Apparently, it's a fact that the NRA paid two women large settlements after they complained about Cain.

That isn't proof as we don't know the terms of the settlement.

For example, if the settlement included a personal apology by Cain, that would indicate guilt, or at least an acknowledgement. However nothing has indicated that.

Settlements are pretty common for public figures, which as head of the National Restaurant Association, he most certainly would be, as a trial, even if you are vindicated, does an enormous amount of damage to your public image.

I don't feel I have anything to apologize for with Cain. I'm not a fan of him for other reasons, but I literally don't have an opinion on him when it comes to the sexual harassment issue. It isn't like with Clinton or David Vitter, where we literally know that they're guilty of being sexual miscreants. With Cain there's very little proof one way or another at this time.

Now, if we start getting more and more coming forward, that wouldn't help him out at all. But at this point you have two settlements with no details attached, and two later accusations encouraged by the attention. It isn't exactly compelling.

Forum List

Back