Lebanon: America has become the butt of jokes

women-with-mustache03.jpg

Turkish Army hasn't those uniform colours.
It's uniform colours of Israel.

Of course it's not a real Turk. He didn't want to hurt anyones' eyes. Here's a real turkish woman

2066186346_b363b7b1df.jpg

Ekrem, you need to stay focused if you're going to play a pivitol role in the New Ottoman Empire. I expect you'll be torturing Lebanese for unpaid taxes by 2020.

...the khazouk is a spike driven through its victim’s rectum, which the Ottomans used to terrify locals and deter potential insurgents.
The Return of the Ottomans | The Weekly Standard

I bet a guy walking around with a spike through his rectum did a lot to deter terrorism.

Interesting article ends with these notes:

For more than 65 years, the United States was the power underwriting the Arabs, and if not always the most sincere benefactor, we nonetheless protected them from more dangerous forces and their even more dangerous fantasies. What we won from the region is what the Turks now want as well: the wealth, influence, and power that is consequent on hegemony in the energy-rich Middle East. Ankara will serve as an inter-mediary between their Arab charges and a stingy Europe that up till now has turned its back on Turkey. But what do the Turks have to offer the Arabs that they hadn’t already impressed upon the region when they left it to its own devices almost a century ago? The Americans brought schools and hospitals to the Middle East, and, after 9/11, democracy, too, at last—or perhaps, too late. It’s not the Arab vacuum that Ankara is rushing to fill, but our own.

Essentially the Turks are re-asserting their role as the Ottoman Empire as a balance to the Persians (Iranians).

Ekrem, you need to stay focused if you're going to play a pivitol role in the New Ottoman Empire. I expect you'll be torturing Lebanese for unpaid taxes by 2020.

The Return of the Ottomans | The Weekly Standard

I bet a guy walking around with a spike through his rectum did a lot to deter terrorism.

For more than 65 years, the United States was the power underwriting the Arabs, and if not always the most sincere benefactor, we nonetheless protected them from more dangerous forces and their even more dangerous fantasies. What we won from the region is what the Turks now want as well: the wealth, influence, and power that is consequent on hegemony in the energy-rich Middle East. Ankara will serve as an inter-mediary between their Arab charges and a stingy Europe that up till now has turned its back on Turkey. But what do the Turks have to offer the Arabs that they hadn’t already impressed upon the region when they left it to its own devices almost a century ago? The Americans brought schools and hospitals to the Middle East, and, after 9/11, democracy, too, at last—or perhaps, too late. It’s not the Arab vacuum that Ankara is rushing to fill, but our own.

Essentially the Turks are re-asserting their role as the Ottoman Empire as a balance to the Persians (Iranians).

Iran has a better Military than any other country in the Middle East right now besides Israel and they are close to getting nukes which will make them feared in the region, how is Turkey going to counter that? they goin after Nukes too?

Iran has a better Military than any other country in the Middle East right now besides Israel and they are close to getting nukes which will make them feared in the region, how is Turkey going to counter that? they goin after Nukes too?

Iran is "close to getting nukes? Really? You have a source?

Turkey is a member of NATO.

Other NATO member countries have nukes.

Nato? Nato is a paper tiger, only a couple countries in that actually do anything and they are all busy in Afghanistan, fuckin Nato only had 5 fuckin helicoptors to use in Afghanistan! The US Military had to supply the rest. I really don't think Iran is losing sleep over Nato.

Nato? Nato is a paper tiger, only a couple countries in that actually do anything and they are all busy in Afghanistan, fuckin Nato only had 5 fuckin helicoptors to use in Afghanistan! The US Military had to supply the rest. I really don't think Iran is losing sleep over Nato.

You asked, "How is Turkey going to counter a nuclear-armed Iran."

I'm simply suggesting that, as a member of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, if Iran attacked Turkey, then they could expect that sinaturees of the Treaty would respond.

Frankly, regardless of Iranian military strength, the division of the middle east between the Ottomans (Sunni) and Persians (Shiites) would be a welcome relief for the USA. NATO is already soliciting Iranian cooperation with A-stan

Some news reports have suggested that Nato countries with forces in Afghanistan might have an interest in using Iran as a supply route.

Correspondents also point out that the opening of a dialogue between Nato and Iran comes as President Barack Obama has set new priorities for the United States in Afghanistan and weeks after he signalled a willingness to revitalise American relations with Tehran.

I'm simply suggesting that, as a member of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, if Iran attacked Turkey, then they could expect that sinaturees of the Treaty would respond.

Frankly, regardless of Iranian military strength, the division of the middle east between the Ottomans (Sunni) and Persians (Shiites) would be a welcome relief for the USA. NATO is already soliciting Iranian cooperation with A-stan

Some news reports have suggested that Nato countries with forces in Afghanistan might have an interest in using Iran as a supply route.

Correspondents also point out that the opening of a dialogue between Nato and Iran comes as President Barack Obama has set new priorities for the United States in Afghanistan and weeks after he signalled a willingness to revitalise American relations with Tehran.

I understand, neither country is going to attack each other though, they are using soft power and proxies to gain power in other countries, not their Military at least not yet. The sad thing is Iran says it helps in Afghanistan but it turns back around and gives aid to the Taliban, just like what Pakistan does in Afghanistan.

McChrystal: Evidence is 'clear' Iran aids Taliban - Washington Times

I understand, neither country is going to attack each other though, they are using soft power and proxies to gain power in other countries, not their Military at least not yet. The sad thing is Iran says it helps in Afghanistan but it turns back around and gives aid to the Taliban, just like what Pakistan does in Afghanistan.

I wouldn't expect Iran to help in A-stan.

No what is sad is that the US gives aid to Pakistan, and Pakistan doesn't enforce its borders (of course, this is the US calling the kettle black).

No what is sad is that the US gives aid to Pakistan, and Pakistan doesn't enforce its borders (of course, this is the US calling the kettle black).

Pakistan doesn't do anything, it takes US aid that is supposed to go to fighting terrorism and uses it to line its pockets and gives money to the Taliban. Pakistan is playing a double game and hedging its bets. Even if Pakistan could enforce its borders it would not do so, everyone knows Pakistan is a sanctuary for Taliban fighters.

Pakistan doesn't do anything, it takes US aid that is supposed to go to fighting terrorism and uses it to line its pockets and gives money to the Taliban. Pakistan is playing a double game and hedging its bets. Even if Pakistan could enforce its borders it would not do so, everyone knows Pakistan is a sanctuary for Taliban fighters.

Yes that's my point.

But to bring this back to topic: the Turks are the only "Islamic" country to have deployed to A-stan.

It would be interesting to see if their new middle eastern popularity (compared to the USA) in Lebanon could be extended to A-stan, and the northern border of Iran.

This might be Iran's impetus for cooperating more with NATO: Either help to stabilize an independent A-stan, or we'll pull out and let the Turks run the show.

Yes that's my point.

But to bring this back to topic: the Turks are the only "Islamic" country to have deployed to A-stan.

It would be interesting to see if their new middle eastern popularity (compared to the USA) in Lebanon could be extended to A-stan, and the northern border of Iran.

This might be Iran's impetus for cooperating more with NATO: Either help to stabilize an independent A-stan, or we'll pull out and let the Turks run the show.

I forgot the Turks were in Afghanistan, how many troops they got though? UAE has troops in Afghanistan.

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Muslim troops help win Afghan minds

They keep it real low key because they now sending troops there is not popular with other Muslims.

jordanian troops in afghanistan - Google Search

Jordan also has troops there, but like I said their not going to talk about in public.

Yes that's my point.

I forgot the Turks were in Afghanistan, how many troops they got though? UAE has troops in Afghanistan.

They keep it real low key because they now sending troops there is not popular with other Muslims.

Jordan also has troops there, but like I said their not going to talk about in public.

Compared to the US, every other country only has a token force.

But that's not the point.

If Turkey wants to be a serious playa in the middle east, a la Lebanon, then maybe we should let them run the circus in A-stan.

Yes that's my point.

Compared to the US, every other country only has a token force.

But that's not the point.

If Turkey wants to be a serious playa in the middle east, a la Lebanon, then maybe we should let them run the circus in A-stan.

They don't want it, last time I checked they only sent 88 troops there. Even if they wanted to they don't have numbers, resources or equipment to run it in Afghanistan, I wish they did have it, there would be riots in the streets of Turkey if they tried to increase their presence there. The Turks were too scared to let us invade Iraq from their borders, their not doing anything in Afghan.

German State Radio, Deutsche Welle

Every day some 900 Afghans are coming to Turkish built hospitals. Each treatment is free. In the last eight years some 800,000 Afghans could be helped medically. And in 34 Turkish schools more than 50,000 Afghan children learn reading and writing. Many of them learn Turkish.
But that should not be all.
Turkey wants to build another 35 more clinics and schools.
However the country also pursues economic interests in Afghanistan. Latest infrastructure project is a railway line from Pakistan via Afghanistan and Iran to Turkey.

Türkische "Soft-Power" für Afghanistan | Europa | Deutsche Welle | 20.07.2010

German State Radio, Deutsche Welle

Every day some 900 Afghans are coming to Turkish built hospitals. Each treatment is free. In the last eight years some 800,000 Afghans could be helped medically. And in 34 Turkish schools more than 50,000 Afghan children learn reading and writing. Many of them learn Turkish.
But that should not be all.
Turkey wants to build another 35 more clinics and schools.
However the country also pursues economic interests in Afghanistan. Latest infrastructure project is a railway line from Pakistan via Afghanistan and Iran to Turkey.

Türkische "Soft-Power" für Afghanistan | Europa | Deutsche Welle | 20.07.2010

"Soft power" doesn't do jackshit against the Taliban kid, you hide behind the scenes and hand out water bottles and notebooks while the US, England a few others do the really heavy lifting. Without the US Troops those hospitals and schools would be burned to the ground.

Forum List

Back