Leave Tony Dungy Alone

He said he wouldn't have drafted the gay player because of the media distraction. Some media whores got upset and now are trying to tarnish a good man as a homophobe.

The idea that the man who hired Michael Vick after he got out of jail, would avoid hiring an openly gay man just because of the media storm, is a bit of a stretch.

Michael Vick was a key player, not a seventh round draft choice who has a slim chance of even making the team. Tony is right. He's not worth it. Vick was.

okay so having a murderer on your team is acceptable but someone who is gay isnt? gotcha:cuckoo::D:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: dungy is a hypocrite and gets no sympathy from me whatsoever.

Its bad enough that an openly gay player is allowd to play in the NFL but its not near as bad as letting a murderer, an ex criminal play though.the NFL has become a sad joke.

oh and for the sad trolls who are going to come on and say-Michael Vick a murderer? like i have seen idiots do in the past,you are indeed a sorry ass human being denying that reality.

Vick is a moot point in this thread.......Dungy DID NOT hire Vick.......idjits!

No he did not. My mistake.

But Dungy did actively campaign NFL teams to hire Vick. It seems as if the cameras following Vick were not an issue. BET was filming everything for a special on Vick returning to football.

Dungy is Class. His opinion is Gold as far as I am concerned. As a coach, he puts the team first. I appreciate that. Sam IS NOT a slam dunk at making the team. He IS NOT a stand out athlete. If he makes the team, it will be special teams, guaranteed.

The coach has to weight which he feels is more important, to make every effort to avoid any distractions at all cost, or realize that there will be some in order to bring on a player with questionable value. Fisher and Snead seem to say it is worth the risk and that Sam MAY have what it takes.

Dungy simply said that he would chose otherwise. He is still a Class Coach and Human Being.

You queers with your nasty syncophant media should leave this man alone. Sick fucks.

did i miss something.hasnt he been out of football for like quite a few years now?:cuckoo:

He said he wouldn't have drafted the gay player because of the media distraction. Some media whores got upset and now are trying to tarnish a good man as a homophobe.

Media distraction?

Isn't that what Jackie Robinson was?

2299-0002-e1398473876879-300x300.jpg

Last edited:
First of all if you read Dungy's comments it is about what his decision would be if he were a coach. That first and foremost disqualifies anything about Vick because Dungy wasn't a coach but a mentor to him and was trying to get a guy back on track that he felt deserved another chance. 2nd Sam was being projected as a 3-5 round pick to begin with before his horrible combine and pro day performances which dropped him to the 7th round. Although he was Co-Defensive player of the year for the SEC what many people fail to realize that most GMs in the league didn't oversee is that he put up good numbers because there a was better player that played opposite of him that was getting double and tripled team which allowed Sam to have one on one battles throughout the year. That guy even got drafted way before Sam (2nd Rd I believe but not quite sure). The one thing that the media should have asked Dungy since they brought Vick into the picture was to ask him if he would have tried to have Vick on his team if he was a coach at the time when Vick was trying to get back into the league. That right there would answer the question if he wouldn't want Sam on his team if he were gay.

Forum List

Back