Zone1 Leading Theologian passes

I remember that guy on my TV in the 80's, when we were living in the country and relied on an antennae to pick up 4 stations. Interesting he gave Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker their start on his show in the 60's.

He was most likely an okay fellow but he use to say things that were kind of offbeat, to put it mildly. I use to watch his program to catch the news from a Christian-type perspective and he did have some really good discussions with some really interesting guests. I hope his family and others will carry on his ministry.

I also remember well his run for President in 1988, I was in the Army and there were a couple born-again's in my unit who were really behind him for President. He did well in Iowa, finishing second in the primary, ahead of H.W. Bush.

Most of you probably don't remember but Pat claimed he was a 'combat Marine in Korea' and a 'combat veteran', and that really pissed off his fellow Marines who actually were combat veterans. Like George H.W. Bush before him, Pat's father was a Senator, who made sure his son was far from the combat zone. In fact, on the ship ride to Korea the ship inexplicably stopped in Japan, where Robertson got off, along with three other fellow Marines and were stationed there. That was his dad behind it. The other three were included to not make it look obvious.

The other three wanted to rejoin their company, so unfortunately, Pat had to go with them or lose face. But once they arrived in Korea, his father made sure he didn't join his company on the front lines, instead making him an adjutant to some officer safely in the rear. I remember his fellow Marines speaking out about this.

Rev. Robertson, along with the great Rev. Jerry Falwell were thinkers and problem solvers in the world of Theology. I remember when the two got together on TV after 9/11 speculating that Almighty God was lifting his protection from America and the LGBTQ+ lobby, the abortion lobby and the ACLU folks had to take responsibility for what happened.

To date, NONE of those people have acknowledged for a second any of their responsibility for angering Almighty God even after being called on the carpet by these 2 great scientists.

Rev. Robertson, along with the great Rev. Jerry Falwell were thinkers and problem solvers in the world of Theology. I remember when the two got together on TV after 9/11 speculating that Almighty God was lifting his protection from America and the LGBTQ+ lobby, the abortion lobby and the ACLU folks had to take responsibility for what happened.

To date, NONE of those people have acknowledged for a second any of their responsibility for angering Almighty God even after being called on the carpet by these 2 great scientists.
Did god tell you that, or was it just those voices in your head messing with you again?

Most of you probably don't remember but Pat claimed he was a 'combat Marine in Korea' and a 'combat veteran', and that really pissed off his fellow Marines who actually were combat veterans. Like George H.W. Bush before him, Pat's father was a Senator, who made sure his son was far from the combat zone. In fact, on the ship ride to Korea the ship inexplicably stopped in Japan, where Robertson got off, along with three other fellow Marines and were stationed there. That was his dad behind it. The other three were included to not make it look obvious.

The other three wanted to rejoin their company, so unfortunately, Pat had to go with them or lose face. But once they arrived in Korea, his father made sure he didn't join his company on the front lines, instead making him an adjutant to some officer safely in the rear. I remember his fellow Marines speaking out about this.

I notice you didn't provide a link to the story above....

It goes to Google.

From wikipedia:

Robertson described his military service as follows: "We did long, grueling marches to toughen the men, plus refresher training in firearms and bayonet combat." In the same year, he transferred to Korea, "I ended up at the headquarters command of the First Marine Division," says Robertson. "The Division was in combat in the hot and dusty, then bitterly cold portion of North Korea just above the 38th Parallel later identified as the 'Punchbowl' and 'Heartbreak Ridge'." For Robertson's service in the Korean War, he was awarded three Battle Stars.[12]

Pat Robertson - Wikipedia

Keep up your research. Don't be lazy.

I'm not doing it for you.

Your "research" is probably biased hackery with an axe to grind. If Wikipedia won't buy into it, it's probably half baked exaggerations and innuendo.

Your "research" is probably biased hackery with an axe to grind. If Wikipedia won't buy into it, it's probably half baked exaggerations and innuendo.
Except it all happened, and was confirmed by the guys in the trenches. Robertson was derisively called a "liquor officer", because one of his jobs was being in charge of the Officers Club, and making sure it was well stocked.

Except it all happened, and was confirmed by the guys in the trenches. Robertson was derisively called a "liquor officer", because one of his jobs was being in charge of the Officers Club, and making sure it was well stocked.

Look it up. Or not.

Was he over there or not?

So only frontline infantrymen get credit for serving their country?

If he was in artillery range, he was in danger.

Forum List

Back