LBJ has the best shot at breaking Kereem's NBA scoring record

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
( If we could edit titles I'd spell Kareem's name right )
Some have come close - Karl Malone,Kobe and MJ.
Of active players it looks like KD and LeBron have the best shot if they stay healthy and play until they're 38 - 39.

Last edited:
The question is whether he will continue playing year after year, when he already has more money than God. If the Lakers don't get their shit together in the next two seasons so that they have a chance at a title, I suspect he will call it a career.

The question is whether he will continue playing year after year, when he already has more money than God. If the Lakers don't get their shit together in the next two seasons so that they have a chance at a title, I suspect he will call it a career.

I don't know. His son has 4 to 5 years before he would be able to play in the NBA. I wouldn't be surprised if Bron wouldn't want to go out playing a year in the league with him.

IF his body can hold up (guy has played a LOT of minutes... finals for 8 straight years, Olympics etc). He's one of those guys you think "if anyone can do it, he can" but Kobe seemed that way. Was having one of his better seasons at age 34, and about 100 games later he was retired.

Anyways, while he is loaded, he's not Jordan loaded yet. Which, if he wants to own an NBA team someday he would need.

He's in that 4-5 year range to get there (figure 5 years at 20ppg and 60 games a season).

That's pretty impressive for a guy who they say scoring isn't his best skill or what he will be most remembered for.

Likewise if he averaged six boards and six assists over that time frame, he would be the first ever to join the 10,000 assists and 10,000 rebound club. Finishing top 3 in assists and 35 or so in rebounds (just ahead of David Robinson and Dr J). And with 1 steal per game that would put him on the edge of being top 5 all time there.

Also with another couple deep playoff runs he could end up top five all time in every major playoff statistic except for blocks where he would be top 10, already leading in points.

and another finals appearance could get him to be top five in every major category in the NBA finals (needs a few blocks).

It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't come close to that, nor would it surprise me if he exceeded that by a fair bit. I'd hope for the latter, he's an exciting player to watch.

I suspect he will go somewhere else to try and win one more.

Don’t be a pussy like Durant and go to a team like the warriors.

Go to New York, Boston, Houston,

Anyone who might be able to beat th warriors with the addition of lbj

I’m surprised Kobe didn’t go to another team before he retired. A team who needed one more piece to win. And just be a role player. 6th man of the year

I suspect he will go somewhere else to try and win one more.

Don’t be a pussy like Durant and go to a team like the warriors.

Go to New York, Boston, Houston,

Anyone who might be able to beat th warriors with the addition of lbj

LeCramp is the original pussy tho. Having said that KD is a bigger pussy.

Forum List

Back