Layers of Fact Checkers: Worst Typo EVER

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Layers and layers of fact-checkers and editors, all down the role.
FF0689C1-9F3D-408C-BFBE-7D9B86781F47.jpeg

https://www.redstate.com/alexparker/2018/12/11/condolences-julia-k-worst-typo-youve-seen-year/

I’m not touching that with a 9 inch pole.

I remember a long time ago when there was a women's golf tournament which involved playing a number of courses, around the state. The one with the highest combined scores was the winner. Unfortunately, the headlines (complete with picture ) proclaimed the winner to be the “state intercourse champion”. No joke.

Another time, the wife of a famous golfer was asked if she did anything to prepare her husband for competition, and she said that she always “kissed his balls for good luck.”

I remember a long time ago when there was a women's golf tournament which involved playing a number of courses, around the state. The one with the highest combined scores was the winner. Unfortunately, the headlines (complete with picture ) proclaimed the winner to be the “state intercourse champion”. No joke.

Another time, the wife of a famous golfer was asked if she did anything to prepare her husband for competition, and she said that she always “kissed his balls for good luck.”

Funny, I made my own typo. I meant to say the one with the lowest combined score was declared the winner.

Just an indicator that peoples minds are in the gutter a lot. I went into a lumber yard some years back to see the manager. I had been doing business there for years and had an uncle that also worked for them. When I walked into the office and ask the manager if I could talk with him for a moment he stared at me for a few moments. He didn't recognize me at first and said, "I'm sorry I've never seen you with your clothes on. I didn't recognize you". All of the secretaries and book keepers heads snapped up from what they were doing. The poor guy was stumbling over his words at that point and said, "What I meant was I have never seen you before in regular clothes". That wasn't much better. I started laughing and said, "Yeah I know Bob, I generally have my coveralls or work clothes on". I thought it was pretty comical but the poor guy was embarrassed to no end.

New Topics

Forum List

Back