LAWSUIT: Migrant Kids Drugged Without Permission

Migrant Children Drugged Without Consent At Government Centers, Court Documents Show

Staff working on the behalf of the Office of Refugee Resettlement are routinely drugging detained child migrants with psychotropics without their parents’ consent, according to legal filings.

Trump administration officials have repeatedly insisted that the family separation policy they implemented over the last six weeks is humane. But the ongoing lawsuit over the Flores agreement, a 1997 settlement that partly governs the detention of child migrants that the White House hopes to overturn, alleges a litany of wrongdoings at the ORR-contracted facilities.

The drugging allegations are among the most disturbing. One child cited in the lawsuit reported taking up to nine pills in the morning and another seven in the evening, without knowing what the medication was.

“ORR routinely administers children psychotropic drugs without lawful authorization,” a memo filed in the lawsuit on April 16 reads. “When youth object to taking such medications, ORR compels them. ORR neither requires nor asks for a parent’s consent before medicating a child, nor does it seek lawful authority to consent in parents’ stead. Instead, ORR or facility staff sign ‘consent’ forms anointing themselves with ‘authority’ to administer psychotropic drugs to confined children.”

Most of the allegations center on Shiloh Residential Treatment Center, in Manvel, Texas. But lawyers in the Flores case, who have access to the medical records of their clients, say the problem is widespread.

MUCH MORE: Migrant Children Drugged Without Consent At Government Centers, Court Documents Show

This is unconscionable! What do you think?
I think we need to quit while we're ahead. I don't think they're doing it without legal authority, regardless of what your "court documents" show. DHS isn't that stupid.
Border guards are less trained and qualified educationally than small town policemen. Many are trained in the simplest routine jobs of asking a handful of questions and knowing or being trained to recognize when to call in a supervisor. Most are basically trained as security guards, observe and report.

Migrant Children Drugged Without Consent At Government Centers, Court Documents Show

Staff working on the behalf of the Office of Refugee Resettlement are routinely drugging detained child migrants with psychotropics without their parents’ consent, according to legal filings.

Trump administration officials have repeatedly insisted that the family separation policy they implemented over the last six weeks is humane. But the ongoing lawsuit over the Flores agreement, a 1997 settlement that partly governs the detention of child migrants that the White House hopes to overturn, alleges a litany of wrongdoings at the ORR-contracted facilities.

The drugging allegations are among the most disturbing. One child cited in the lawsuit reported taking up to nine pills in the morning and another seven in the evening, without knowing what the medication was.

“ORR routinely administers children psychotropic drugs without lawful authorization,” a memo filed in the lawsuit on April 16 reads. “When youth object to taking such medications, ORR compels them. ORR neither requires nor asks for a parent’s consent before medicating a child, nor does it seek lawful authority to consent in parents’ stead. Instead, ORR or facility staff sign ‘consent’ forms anointing themselves with ‘authority’ to administer psychotropic drugs to confined children.”

Most of the allegations center on Shiloh Residential Treatment Center, in Manvel, Texas. But lawyers in the Flores case, who have access to the medical records of their clients, say the problem is widespread.

MUCH MORE: Migrant Children Drugged Without Consent At Government Centers, Court Documents Show

Well we know that the Dirty Democrats lie all of the time.
They were probably just giving kids their free medical care.
We also know that the Democrats are racist who want to allow mass illegal immigration.

A flock of schlock lawyers will smell money and descend on the detention centers like vultures. And sue everyone, from the President to the janitor.

Costing the American taxpayer millions just in legal fees. .... :cool:

You mean like all the private prison contractors feeding off this immigration crisis?
Trump-and-swamp.png

I think we need to quit while we're ahead. I don't think they're doing it without legal authority, regardless of what your "court documents" show. DHS isn't that stupid.

Really? I repeat from the OP link:

I know how to read and I already read that. If I'm wrong and the ORR is doing something so willfully illegal, I'll be surprised, that's all. Usually doing things "right" has bureaucratic agencies tied in knots.

A flock of schlock lawyers will smell money and descend on the detention centers like vultures. And sue everyone, from the President to the janitor.

Speaking of slimy lawyers did you hear that Michael Cohen resigned from the RNC and cited the treatment of refugees as a reason why. You just can't make this shit up.

Why didn't the Dirty Democrats/Press care when Obama was separating children?

obamaillegal-mmigrantdetentioncenters.jpg

Wouldn't surprise me much if they were being forced to smuggle drugs into the country with them.

You guys will believe anything that will demonize these kids. Do you REALLY think that some drug cartel is gonna load these kids up with drugs, knowing that they are going to be searched and detained? And, if those kids were actually smuggling in drugs, it would have made the news by now. And no, the media wouldn't be able to bury something like this because if Trump heard about it, he'd be tweeting his ass off.

"Do you REALLY think that some drug cartel is gonna load these kids up with drugs, knowing that they are going to be searched and detained?"

How about "Yes"?

Border guards are less trained and qualified educationally than small town policemen. Many are trained in the simplest routine jobs of asking a handful of questions and knowing or being trained to recognize when to call in a supervisor. Most are basically trained as security guards, observe and report.
You’re pathetic. Those people are protecting our nation and you shit on them like that? Fuck you.

This thread was moved? Jesus Christ.

Sad. I filed a complaint.

Liberals should work closer together on this board on things like this but we're too fragmented. I'm reporting too.
I had one closed yesterday. You two whiney bitches need to get over it. PM The mod get an explanation you probably won’t like and move on.

Already PM'd. So, sorry you're thread about whatever vile topic was moved.

Speaking of slimy lawyers did you hear that Michael Cohen resigned from the RNC and cited the treatment of refugees as a reason why. You just can't make this shit up.

Why didn't the Dirty Democrats/Press care when Obama was separating children?

View attachment 199940

When was Obama 'separating children'?

Fact check: Did Obama administration separate families?

This is inaccurate — there was no widespread Obama-era policy of separating parents and children — but it's a common talking point for Republican commentators and members of the president's administration. Trump's policy, now temporarily halted, aimed to prosecute every single illegal border crossing, including asylum-seekers. The government separated children from their parents or legal guardians because the adults had been referred for prosecution for illegal entry into the United States.

Here is another source on the OP topic:

Immigrant children forcibly injected with drugs, lawsuit claims

President Donald Trump’s zero tolerance policy is creating a zombie army of children forcibly injected with medications that make them dizzy, listless, obese and even incapacitated, according to legal filings that show immigrant children in U.S. custody subdued with powerful psychiatric drugs.

Children held at Shiloh Treatment Center, a government contractor south of Houston that houses immigrant minors, described being held down and injected, according to the federal court filings. The lawsuit alleges that children were told they would not be released or see their parents unless they took medication and that they only were receiving vitamins.

Parents and the children themselves told attorneys the drugs rendered them unable to walk, afraid of people and wanting to sleep constantly, according to affidavits filed April 23 in U.S. District Court in California.

One mother said her child fell repeatedly, hitting her head, and ended up in a wheelchair. A child described trying to open a window and being hurled against a door by a Shiloh supervisor, who then choked her until she fainted.

“The supervisor told me I was going to get a medication injection to calm me down,” the girl said. “Two staff grabbed me, and the doctor gave me the injection despite my objection and left me there on the bed.”

Another child recounted being made to take pills in the morning, at noon and night. The child said “the staff told me that some of the pills are vitamins because they think I need to gain weight. The vitamins changed about two times, and each time I feel different.”

Shiloh is among 71 companies that receive funds from the federal government to house and supervise immigrant children deemed unaccompanied minors.

An investigation by Reveal from The Center for Investigative Reporting found that nearly half of the $3.4 billion paid to those companies in the last four years went to homes with serious allegations of mistreating children. In nearly all cases reviewed by Reveal, the federal government continued contracts with the companies after serious allegations were raised.

At Reveal’s request, forensic psychiatrist Mark. J. Mills assessed materials from 420 pages of children’s medical records and statements filed in California federal court this April.

“You don’t have to be a rocket scientist here; it looks like they’re trying to control agitation and aggressive behavior with antipsychotic drugs,” said Mills, who practices in the Washington, D.C., area and was an expert witness for a lawsuit that in 2008 stopped the federal government from forcibly administering antipsychotic drugs to deportees.

“You don’t need to administer these kinds of drugs unless someone is plucking out their eyeball or some such. The facility should not use these drugs to control behavior. That’s not what antipsychotics should be used for. That’s like the old Soviet Union used to do.”

The records were filed in connection with an ongoing class-action status lawsuit alleging poor treatment of immigrant children in U.S. custody. An attorney representing the children said youth separated from their parents often become depressed, angry, anxious and, sometimes, unruly and that, in turn, encourages prescription of inappropriate medication.

MORE: Immigrant children forcibly injected with drugs, lawsuit claims

You’re pathetic. Those people are protecting our nation and you shit on them like that? Fuck you.
That's stupid. They aren't protecting our nation. They are turning babies into terrorists. These kids will remember what was done to them. I only hope they blame Republicans and not the entire nation.

Let's see how this goes. That contractor is in deep shit if these allegations are true.

Wouldn't surprise me much if they were being forced to smuggle drugs into the country with them.

You guys will believe anything that will demonize these kids. Do you REALLY think that some drug cartel is gonna load these kids up with drugs, knowing that they are going to be searched and detained? And, if those kids were actually smuggling in drugs, it would have made the news by now.

Were there also drugs in all the toys that were confiscated from the kids at the border?

Kids Taken From Their Parents At The Border Get Their Toys Confiscated Too

They wouldn't have lost their toys if they'd been hiding them up their butts, like they do with the drugs.

Did anyone at those government centers think of doing cavity searches?

Forum List

Back