Lawsuit filed in New Mexico to remove Trump from ballot

ozro

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2014
Off-grid Apache County, AZ

"A Texas man has filed a lawsuit against former President Donald Trump and New Mexico Secretary of State Maggie Toulouse Oliver."

I don't know why. 'Texas man' filed this in NM.
But the article says he has done the same in CO and MN. While I don't see this going anywhere, it is newsworthy as well as worthy of discussion.

My opinion is this should be the business of New Mexican people, specifically the person in charge of elections. I also think without a conviction, nobody should be barred from the ballot. I also believe this 'Texas man' should be charged with election interference if his cases are tossed out of court.

Try to engage in actual discussion and keep the name-calling to a minimum....please

Its not a state election... its a national election... if you need a good laugh track take a microphone into the courtroom where this is heard.... Stop with this nonsense... it can't be done... Trump has not been convicted of a crime and even if he is in some back alley ghetto county like Fulton county it will be appealed successfully in a heartbeat...
All of these charges are not intended to keep Trump off the ballot... its being done to hamper his chances..... oooops that ain't going to work....

Last edited:

"A Texas man has filed a lawsuit against former President Donald Trump and New Mexico Secretary of State Maggie Toulouse Oliver."

I don't know why. 'Texas man' filed this in NM.
But the article says he has done the same in CO and MN. While I don't see this going anywhere, it is newsworthy as well as worthy of discussion.

My opinion is this should be the business of New Mexican people, specifically the person in charge of elections. I also think without a conviction, nobody should be barred from the ballot. I also believe this 'Texas man' should be charged with election interference if his cases are tossed out of court.

Try to engage in actual discussion and keep the name-calling to a minimum....please
Trump wouldn't win that State anyway. Now getting a Red State to do it, I'm all for it.

Its not a state election... its a national election... if you need a good laugh track take a microphone into the courtroom where this is heard.... Stop with this nonsense... it can't be done... Trump has not been convicted of a crime and even if he is in some back alley ghetto county like Fulton county it will be appealed successfully in a heartbeat...
All of these charge are not intended to keep Trump off the ballot... its being done to hamper his chances..... oooops that ain't going to work....
If SCOTUS listens to the CO case (and law) concerning, you have a 50/50 chance of it happening.

4 indictments. 91 counts. Keep holding your breath.

If SCOTUS listens to the CO case (and law) concerning, you have a 50/50 chance of it happening.

4 indictments. 91 counts. Keep holding your breath.
What is the CO case?... why do you libs speak in tongues?....
Make yourself clear so we can respond to you.... Our damn public schools.... Are you so lazy that you can't type out full words?....

Maybe you can understand the word "lawsuit"

And since you didn't act civil and really kissed my ass... GFY
What lawsuit?... Trump could lose 20 law suits and it wouldn't prevent him from being on every ballot in America.....

Maybe you can understand the word "lawsuit"

And since you didn't act civil and really kissed my ass... GFY
Learn this... Nothing short of a murder COVICTION can keep a person off the ballot... its the brilliance of our system.... the opposition party in power can charge away at the competition candidate from another party but it doesn't disqualify him or her from running.....

Learn this... Nothing short of a murder COVICTION can keep a person off the ballot... its the brilliance of our system.... the opposition party in power can charge away at the competition candidate from another party but it doesn't disqualify him or her from running.....
So mad you misspelled. Hah Ha Ha!

Does anyone think the intent of these lawsuits is to actually keep Trump off the ballot?
I don't.
Hypothetically speaking, what if one state removed him from their ballot, would other states issue lawsuits against that state?
Would it invalidate that states election results if they lost that lawsuit?
Come on people, you can do better than this .
There are legal issues to discuss.

Read the 14th Amendment, please, and stop talking like a goose,

Your game is too low. If a state court decides that Trump's behavior meet the 14th Amendment criteria, it would go to SCOTUS for decision. This particular set of conservatives would probably rule against Trump.

Forum List

Back