Lawmakers Blast Administration For Calling Fort Hood Massacre 'Workplace Violence' R

Sen. Susan Collins on Wednesday blasted the Defense Department for classifying the Fort Hood massacre as workplace violence and suggested political correctness is being placed above the security of the nation's Armed Forces at home.
During a joint session of the Senate and House Homeland Security Committee on Wednesday, the Maine Republican referenced a letter from the Defense Department depicting the Fort Hood shootings as workplace violence. She criticized the Obama administration for failing to identify the threat as radical Islam.

Thirteen people were killed and dozens more wounded at Fort Hood in 2009, and the number of alleged plots targeting the military has grown significantly since then. Lawmakers said there have been 33 plots against the U.S. military since Sept. 11, 2001, and 70 percent of those threats have been since mid-2009.
The chairman of the Senate Homeland Security Committee, Connecticut independent Sen. Joe Lieberman, said the military has become a "direct target of violent Islamist extremism" within the United States.

Read more: Lawmakers Blast Administration For Calling Fort Hood Massacre 'Workplace Violence' | Fox News

Idiots

Was it in the workplace? Answer: Yes

Was it violence? Answer: Yes.

Next?

Were the planes that went into the World's trades bldg a workplace? Yes

Was it violence? Yeah

Was it workplace violence. Hell no. It was terrorism.

Have employees gone off and shot people in the place they work? Yes
Was it violence" Yeah

Was it terrorism...No They weren't doing it for Allah or the radical Muslims tirade.

Oh, the WTC was where the terrorists worked? Interesting, I've not heard that before. What business in the Twin Towers did they work at?

BTW...in the case of the Army shooting...you know, the VIOLENCE that occurred in the shooter's WORKPLACE.....where has anyone asserted that it was ONLY workplace violence, exclusive of TERRORISM?

I would like the evidence shown that anyone in authority stated it was ONLY workplace violence.

TIA

Pity, Susan Collins is otherwise more thoughtful and knowledgeable.

It’s troubling to see her succumb to the ignorance and hate of the radical right. Hasan’s was a criminal act, having nothing to do with his religion or ‘violent Islamist extremism.’

Troubling since it jeopardizes everyone’s religious freedoms and civil liberties as conservatives strive to expand and empower government to fight the myth of ‘terrorism.’

Funny how witnesses said he was shouting 'Allah Akbar' while doing it :cuckoo:

Why would he do that???

Next?

9/11/01

Planes flew into buildings... navigation errors: Yes

People died: OOpsie

Was it violent?: Probably

Was it terrorism?: We dont know.... we were not on the planes :doubt:

You asshats are funny :lol:

BTW...in the case of the Army shooting...you know, the VIOLENCE that occurred in the shooter's WORKPLACE.....where has anyone asserted that it was ONLY workplace violence, exclusive of TERRORISM?

I would like the evidence shown that anyone in authority stated it was ONLY workplace violence.

TIA

terrorist butt kisser.. afraid to name your enemy?

"The documents attached illustrate how the Department is dealing with the threat of violent Islamist extremism in the context of a broader threat of workplace violence," read the letter, which was obtained by Fox News.

It’s troubling to see her succumb to the ignorance and hate of the radical right. Hasan’s was a criminal act, having nothing to do with his religion or ‘violent Islamist extremism.’

Troubling since it jeopardizes everyone’s religious freedoms and civil liberties as conservatives strive to expand and empower government to fight the myth of ‘terrorism.’
Terrorism is a myth?

Then Obama is a murderer for killing bin Laden, isn't he?

It will be interesting to watch you attempt to weasel out of the illogical trap you set for yourself. I predict much sputtering and baseless arrogance.

Next?

Were the planes that went into the World's trades bldg a workplace? Yes

Was it violence? Yeah

Was it workplace violence. Hell no. It was terrorism.

Have employees gone off and shot people in the place they work? Yes
Was it violence" Yeah

Was it terrorism...No They weren't doing it for Allah or the radical Muslims tirade.

Oh, the WTC was where the terrorists worked? Interesting, I've not heard that before. What business in the Twin Towers did they work at?

Terrorists don't work. They kill. For ALLAH! What disgusting scum.

Like I said the FIRST time this subject was brought up a few days ago....

Loughner, a white American... shoots up a Political meet and greet... and is rightly called a psychopathic freak. The guy at Ft. Hood, a man of middle Eastern Descent....shoots up a military base...and is called a terrorist... his sanity is never questioned... just his faith.

Why not mention his contacts from the middle east? He was much more than JUST a Muslim from the middle east. It's who he was in contact with in the middle east that crossed the line....well at least for most Amercans.

Hmmmm.... interesting.

I would say that the aforementioned contacts with the middle east were an issue, but here's my big problem with it.

This guy should have been cashiered out of the Army a lot sooner than the shooting incident. His behavior was increasingly erratic and other officers knew about it and didn't make an issue of it.

I think this was a combination of the rather 'fraternal' attitude of the Army officers' corps (Seriously, Sergent Hasan would have been in the brig a lot quicker) and the military's refusal to let anyone out at that point.

Sen. Susan Collins on Wednesday blasted the Defense Department for classifying the Fort Hood massacre as workplace violence and suggested political correctness is being placed above the security of the nation's Armed Forces at home.
During a joint session of the Senate and House Homeland Security Committee on Wednesday, the Maine Republican referenced a letter from the Defense Department depicting the Fort Hood shootings as workplace violence. She criticized the Obama administration for failing to identify the threat as radical Islam.

Thirteen people were killed and dozens more wounded at Fort Hood in 2009, and the number of alleged plots targeting the military has grown significantly since then. Lawmakers said there have been 33 plots against the U.S. military since Sept. 11, 2001, and 70 percent of those threats have been since mid-2009.
The chairman of the Senate Homeland Security Committee, Connecticut independent Sen. Joe Lieberman, said the military has become a "direct target of violent Islamist extremism" within the United States.

Read more: Lawmakers Blast Administration For Calling Fort Hood Massacre 'Workplace Violence' | Fox News

Idiots

Next?

Let me get this straight; this guy had a continuing series of contacts with violent Islamic radicals in the Mid-East, and was yelling "Allah Akbar!" (the Islamic terrorist battle cry) when he did the shooting, and you and this administration conclude that he was just another nut "going postal" in the workplace? Why-because he's Palestinian, and thus belongs to one of the Left's designated victim groups? Or is it because it's not PC to admit that an American Muslim might be a terrorist? Or is it that this administration would have some explaining to do, as to why he was not booted from the military as soon as his ties to recognized terrorist groups and individuals were discovered (he made no great effort to hide them)?

The irony is that, (as repeatedly demonstrated here), if this guy had any ties whatever to political conservatism in America, you and this administration would immediately and reflexively denounce him as a "right wing terrorist", whether he was an obvious nut case or not-ANYTHING for your political agenda, right?

Funny how witnesses said he was shouting 'Allah Akbar' while doing it :cuckoo:

Why would he do that???

Yes he did...so, tell us...how does that make it any less Workplace Violence?

TIA

terrorist butt kisser.. afraid to name your enemy?

I know my enemies...that Army doctor is one. That doesn't change the TRUTH that he committed VIOLENCE in his WORKPLACE. That is the reality of the situation. Now, explain to us why you are so afraid to admit that. I'm listening.

"The documents attached illustrate how the Department is dealing with the threat of violent Islamist extremism in the context of a broader threat of workplace violence," read the letter, which was obtained by Fox News.

Terrorism is a myth?

It will be interesting to watch you attempt to weasel out of the illogical trap you set for yourself. I predict much sputtering and baseless arrogance.
Jones? You forget this post?

Terrorism is a myth?

Not only did Obama kill Osam Bin Laden for this myth, he also murdered a US citizen with out benefit of arrest, Habius Corpus or even a criminal complaint filed in any court in the land.

Next?

9/11/01

Planes flew into buildings... navigation errors: Yes

People died: OOpsie

Was it violent?: Probably

Was it terrorism?: We dont know.... we were not on the planes :doubt:

You asshats are funny :lol:

The WTC was the terrorists' workplace? Really?

The Center that the Doctor shot up was NOT his work place. Or do you subscribe to the theory that every soldier works EVERY where on a military base? How about every Lawyer works in every Court room, or perhaps every doctor works in every Hospital?

Why not mention his contacts from the middle east? He was much more than JUST a Muslim from the middle east. It's who he was in contact with in the middle east that crossed the line....well at least for most Amercans.

Oh... you mean...Anwar al-Awlaki? That poor misunderstood guy that Obama killed in cold blood? After all, he was an American Citizen, right?

Oh... what caused him to reach out to Al - Awlaki? Let's start a little earlier in the process than you want to. How about mental illness? People don't just go to med school, then get their specialty in Psychiatry, then join the military...get promoted to Major all so he can shoot up a military base. that's the most ridiculous scenario of a "sleeper cell agent" that I've ever heard. No, the dude probably snapped.

Lastly... from wikipedia on the guy...."However, one year after the Fort Hood shooting, questions still lingered as to whether the incident was caused by mental health issues, and government agencies still had not officially linked Hasan to any radical terrorist groups."

I didn't know just how astute you were with knowledge of covert sleeper cells, stealie.
Of course, a person can never change his ideology, can he?
I do believe that him communicating with Al Awaaki would constitute him linking with a terrorist organization, but that would take some critical thinking on your behalf.
Or, maybe you see the terrorists as just, "freedom fighters".

Oh... bullshit... is that what we do here? When someone offers a differing opinion, you accuse them of bullshit like that? I don't know all THAT much about sleeper cells... but I do know this... those guys that flew into the buildings? Weren't licensed pilots... they learned enough to do the mission. I have a pretty strong suspicion that Al Quaida wouldn't invest all that money just to kill a few servicemen. I'd think they'd want a little more bang for their buck.

As far as changing ideologies? Sure.. people do it all the time. Perhaps treating returning servicemen and hearing their stories of shit they saw or perhaps did over there was what made something snap inside of him, that in turn started the dialogue between him and Al Awlaki. Speculation on my part? Sure... but no more speculative than what you guys are spewing.

Forum List

Back