Latinos unhappy with Obama picks

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
Gebe Martinez Gebe Martinez – Sun Nov 30,

If there is one message President-elect Barack Obama’s transition team has broadcast about Cabinet picks, it is that ethnicity and gender will not be the first considerations when filling the slots.

Credentials over tokenism, after all, was a fundamental principle of Obama’s presidential campaign that highlighted his ideas and community values over his African-American background. Still, if all goes as planned, Cabinet members with hefty résumés will present a picture of diversity.

Hispanic political leaders agree. Their expectations for seats at the president’s top policy table are not about meeting quotas but about advancing the reality that within this fastest-growing ethnic group are seasoned policy experts who understand the economic, foreign and domestic policy concerns shared by everyone.

Obama promised hope and change, and Hispanics hoped for the usual two Latinos in the Cabinet. And heck, why not three or four? Now that would be a change.

But at this early stage in the appointments process, there is a trickle of disappointment running through the Latino community.
more ... Latinos unhappy with Obama picks - Yahoo! News

So Obama's a racist for not hiring enough Brown people! How dare he not look at those people's skin color when he hired all those Clinton era rejects for "change"!

Last edited:
Well he is a racist all right, just not against Latino's!

NObama - Hell No!

The SOB doesn't like me. He doesn't like my guns, he doesn't like my thump'en bible, he doesn't like my gas sucking truck, he doesn't like my red neck!

If I weren't so damn brown myself I would shave my head and get some special tattoo's just in his honor!

:beer:

Not Obama's job to make one particular group happy. His job is to look after the interests of the people of this nation. After eight years of a President that has not cared the least for the interests of the people of this nation, that will be a welcome change.

Why should Obama make Latinos and Blacks happy? They're going to vote for him no matter what. I say Obama is right in spitting in their faces. After all, Obama is half-white.

Not Obama's job to make one particular group happy. His job is to look after the interests of the people of this nation. After eight years of a President that has not cared the least for the interests of the people of this nation, that will be a welcome change.

LOL ............ I'll wake you up when it happens!

That's pretty ridiculous. They should look at the credentials and past actions, not their ethnicity, to judge whether he's made good appointments that benefit their communities.

That's pretty ridiculous. They should look at the credentials and past actions, not their ethnicity, to judge whether he's made good appointments that benefit their communities.
thats not what they said for Bush
he had to make a cabinet that "looked like America"

sorry, you just contradicted yourself
you said "bush" should have, now you are saying "Obama" shouldnt

that's not what he said.

He said that they should've said Bush needed to look at creditials and not ethnicity.

are you intentionally misreading what was said?

And please note that the vast majority of obsessional blather emminates from people here who are clearly republicans who supported Bush, too.

Yup, what this board convinces me of is that the Republican party is mostly comprised of closet racists.

Angry white boys and girls who are terrified of people of color.

It's so obvious on this board if I were running the Republican machine I'd seek to shut this place down simply because some of you are so fucking stupid, you can't even see how obviously racist you are to the rest of us.

And please note that the vast majority of obsessional blather emminates from people here who are clearly republicans who supported Bush, too.

Yup, what this board convinces me of is that the Republican party is mostly comprised of closet racists.

Angry white boys and girls who are terrified of people of color.

It's so obvious on this board if I were running the Republican machine I'd seek to shut this place down simply because some of you are so fucking stupid, you can't even see how obviously racist you are to the rest of us.

The Republican party is the party of racism?

Whew!

Angry White Boys?

Gee, that isn't racist.

Yes, yes, thump'en the bibles, shoot'en them guns and hiding in the corner from blackie!

Frankly this is as bad as what you claim to be upset about!

Well he is a racist all right, just not against Latino's!

NObama - Hell No!

The SOB doesn't like me. He doesn't like my guns, he doesn't like my thump'en bible, he doesn't like my gas sucking truck, he doesn't like my red neck!

If I weren't so damn brown myself I would shave my head and get some special tattoo's just in his honor!

:beer:

Sweetie, no one but other thumpers like your thumpin' bible... we want you to enjoy... just keep it away from everyone else.

*hugs*

Forum List

Back