Obama's fantasy world

bobbymcgill

Aug 23, 2008
Barack Obama said yesterday that business leaders are "tone deaf" to the economic challenges facing ordinary Americans and called on bank executives to forgo their Christmas bonuses.

The President Elect then tapped his heels together three times and tried to transport himself to lollipop land.

________

Idle Wordship

He told Walters executives should make sacrifices because so many other people are struggling.

source

Bank executives should not have to MAKE sacrifices, they should BE SACRIFICED, publically on TV.

It won't help the economy one bit, but it would certainly cheer a lot of Americans up to see some of those selfish bastards' hearts ripped out.

Bank executives should not have to MAKE sacrifices, they should BE SACRIFICED, publically on TV.

It won't help the economy one bit, but it would certainly cheer a lot of Americans up to see some of those selfish bastards' hearts ripped out.

Statements like that make me a little sad. Not that I think the bankers that were involved in bringing us to this crisis are innocent, but that seeing others miserable too would bring anyone cheer.

I'm sure the evil bankers would have been much happier to have their home loans PAID BACK.

Why weren't they?

Nobody ever blames actual regular people for anything. It's always 'evil capitalists' or 'the politicians' or whatever.

Seriously... in all the press coverage, have you seen one story in which they pointed the finger at a home borrower who was irresponsible?

I'm sure the evil bankers would have been much happier to have their home loans PAID BACK.

Why weren't they?

Nobody ever blames actual regular people for anything. It's always 'evil capitalists' or 'the politicians' or whatever.

Seriously... in all the press coverage, have you seen one story in which they pointed the finger at a home borrower who was irresponsible?

That's very true. I think that most of the people that took those high risk loans should have known better. I know I couldn't afford to buy a house. If someone told me that I could I'd tell them they were crazy.

that's the hallmark of liberalism.. They need someone to take care of them. In no fucking way should they be held responsible for signing a bank loan they could not pay back... Guns were put to the heads, cocked and ready to fire at the slightest sign of "thinking it over." :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Exactly, why should my hard earned tax dollars be used to help people who were stupid with their investments and who purchased houses much greater than they could afford.

People got greedy, they signed up for mortgages that were going to blow up in their faces and think they could sell or refinance before it happened.....which is just retarded.

If you see the details and the payment gets to a level that you will not be able to afford, you don't sign it. Why should I bail out these assholes?

Yes they banks were greedy, but so were the people and I have no sympathy for either group.

It should not be up to all the sensible people in the world to fix it for them....they need to feel the pain and the cost of their own folly...they will come out the other end better (although financially poorer) for it.

Banks/Bankers, loan packagers, the real estate brokers/appraisers, the city tax collectors are all as much as fault in this whole mess as anyone. If they had not all been creating false documentation and using creative accounting practices this would not have happened. The homeowners who were encouraged to take out loans they could not afford is not always the case here.

You have had paper factories selling paper over and over again to capture everyones 401K plans and investments. In the meantime they all paid themselves very well for their efforts and now you all get to pay the bailout bills.

Much of the information has been documented by Predatorix.com

That's very true. I think that most of the people that took those high risk loans should have known better. I know I couldn't afford to buy a house. If someone told me that I could I'd tell them they were crazy.

Crazier still to be the lender and refuse to do appropriate risk assessment, don't you think? The lenders were the ones who told people "don't worry, your property values will keep going up; you'll be able to refinance when the rate adjusts in five years. so don't worry".

now THAT is crazy. :cuckoo:

Obama can join Barney Frank in Lollipop land:

“I want [Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae] to help with affordable housing, to help low-income families get loans and to help clean up this subprime mess. Otherwise, why should they exist?”
Barney Frank

The problem was and always will be the fact that lenders had no risk. They can make loans and sell them on the day after closing, so it doesn't matter to them if the loan gets paid or not. That plus the derivatives that allowed companies to loan more than they had were the problem.

Obama can join Barney Frank in Lollipop land:

“I want [Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae] to help with affordable housing, to help low-income families get loans and to help clean up this subprime mess. Otherwise, why should they exist?”
Barney Frank

Dear dear ol Bawney! :lol:

that's the hallmark of liberalism.. They need someone to take care of them. In no fucking way should they be held responsible for signing a bank loan they could not pay back... Guns were put to the heads, cocked and ready to fire at the slightest sign of "thinking it over." :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I love the lies the right tells....

if that were true, the red states wouldn't be collecting more than they pay in taxes, while the blue states pay more taxes than they take.

But lying morons do love making up stuff. It makes them feel better when they cash their welfare checks. Yay right! :cuckoo:

RAFLMAO!

While you are bitching at the people who screwed up their loans, why don't I hear any bitching about the bankers who screwed up the business of lending but now are getting all their money back from you as a tax payer?

The bankers who made these loans are just as guilty as the people who took out the loans when they knew they were in over their heads.

350 billion of your tax money has been given to the bankers to cover their asses and they haven't used it to stop the economic slide.

Talk about being dupes.

While you are bitching at the people who screwed up their loans, why don't I hear any bitching about the bankers who screwed up the business of lending but now are getting all their money back from you as a tax payer?

The bankers who made these loans are just as guilty as the people who took out the loans when they knew they were in over their heads.

350 billion of your tax money has been given to the bankers to cover their asses and they haven't used it to stop the economic slide.

Talk about being dupes.[/QUOTE]

DUmbass, you act like we really had a choice! Shit!

The problem was and always will be the fact that lenders had no risk. They can make loans and sell them on the day after closing, so it doesn't matter to them if the loan gets paid or not. That plus the derivatives that allowed companies to loan more than they had were the problem.
That is a portion of the problem. It is not their money in the first place. The bank and investment firms use other peoples money to take this risk. Without heavy regulation they have very little to stop them from abusing the naive investor or the naive new home buyer.

You have investors that own the bank /investing companies/ insurance companies and they also own many other companies such as Sears, Best Buy, Walmart etc...
These companies are paying little to nothing to their regular employees and the average citizen still foots the final bill via taxes, medicare, pork projects, food stamps etc.....

The whole system is so far wacked out the best thing for all would be to let the banks/insurance companies/credit cards companies etc... tumble. We should never bailout these corrupt entities so they can expand themselves even further to strip the poor and middleclass alike.

If a person bought a home they could not afford they can simply walk out on it. If your bank commited fraud then tell the courts and law enforcement.
Those homes will do you no good if you are unable to feed your family.

Our government is complicit in the stripping of private wealth when they did nothing to stop or help prevent this. The problems has been evident for years.

Talk about being dupes.[/QUOTE]

DUmbass, you act like we really had a choice! Shit!
Talk about being duped. It sounds like you think that you have to bailout theives and robbers.

Forum List

Back