Obama's fantasy world

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bobbymcgill, Nov 29, 2008.

1. bobbymcgill

bobbymcgill Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Barack Obama said yesterday that business leaders are "tone deaf" to the economic challenges facing ordinary Americans and called on bank executives to forgo their Christmas bonuses.

The President Elect then tapped his heels together three times and tried to transport himself to lollipop land.

________

Idle Wordship

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    source

Bank executives should not have to MAKE sacrifices, they should BE SACRIFICED, publically on TV.

It won't help the economy one bit, but it would certainly cheer a lot of Americans up to see some of those selfish bastards' hearts ripped out.

3. Amanda

Amanda Calm as a Hindu cow

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,006
    Statements like that make me a little sad. Not that I think the bankers that were involved in bringing us to this crisis are innocent, but that seeing others miserable too would bring anyone cheer.

4. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    I'm sure the evil bankers would have been much happier to have their home loans PAID BACK.

Why weren't they?

Nobody ever blames actual regular people for anything. It's always 'evil capitalists' or 'the politicians' or whatever.

Seriously... in all the press coverage, have you seen one story in which they pointed the finger at a home borrower who was irresponsible?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Amanda

Amanda Calm as a Hindu cow

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,006
    That's very true. I think that most of the people that took those high risk loans should have known better. I know I couldn't afford to buy a house. If someone told me that I could I'd tell them they were crazy.

6. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,670
    that's the hallmark of liberalism.. They need someone to take care of them. In no fucking way should they be held responsible for signing a bank loan they could not pay back... Guns were put to the heads, cocked and ready to fire at the slightest sign of "thinking it over." :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

7. aztech

aztech Breath of Fresh Air

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Exactly, why should my hard earned tax dollars be used to help people who were stupid with their investments and who purchased houses much greater than they could afford.

People got greedy, they signed up for mortgages that were going to blow up in their faces and think they could sell or refinance before it happened.....which is just retarded.

If you see the details and the payment gets to a level that you will not be able to afford, you don't sign it. Why should I bail out these assholes?

Yes they banks were greedy, but so were the people and I have no sympathy for either group.

It should not be up to all the sensible people in the world to fix it for them....they need to feel the pain and the cost of their own folly...they will come out the other end better (although financially poorer) for it.

8. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,047
    Banks/Bankers, loan packagers, the real estate brokers/appraisers, the city tax collectors are all as much as fault in this whole mess as anyone. If they had not all been creating false documentation and using creative accounting practices this would not have happened. The homeowners who were encouraged to take out loans they could not afford is not always the case here.

You have had paper factories selling paper over and over again to capture everyones 401K plans and investments. In the meantime they all paid themselves very well for their efforts and now you all get to pay the bailout bills.

Much of the information has been documented by Predatorix.com

9. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    Crazier still to be the lender and refuse to do appropriate risk assessment, don't you think? The lenders were the ones who told people "don't worry, your property values will keep going up; you'll be able to refinance when the rate adjusts in five years. so don't worry".

now THAT is crazy. :cuckoo:

10. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    Obama can join Barney Frank in Lollipop land:

“I want [Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae] to help with affordable housing, to help low-income families get loans and to help clean up this subprime mess. Otherwise, why should they exist?”
    Barney Frank