Latest Data On Climate Change: Warm and Conservative Texas is Screwed

Discussion in 'Environment' started by Dante, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Dante

Dante On leave Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    It's all over today's news.

Conservatives need to be horsewhipped for doing the dirty work for multinational corporations and others who hope to save money while Rome burns

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/09/science/earth/2012-was-hottest-year-ever-in-us.html

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  2. Dante

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    Wake up people. Maybe time to go after a few conservatives for criminal liability

3. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,414
    High on the list is Senator Inhofe. Then the scientific community should unite in demanding that people like Anthony Watts and Monkton be shown publically for the liars they are.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,414
    Until the consequence create intolerable situations for enough people, nobody is going to do anything, or even prepare for consequences. Then you will hear the 'Conservatives' demanding the scalps of the scientists because they did not warn them. Mark my words, they will use this lie.

5. Dante

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    and they'll blame Al Gore and President Obama. seriously. I'm not saying 'the end is near' but it does look to be a tough time coming. I will probably not live to see how it all works out, but I do cherish being around to rub their smarmy faces in the shit as t starts hitting the fan. It's right around the corner

6. SSDD

SSDD Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,545
    Hotter by a full degree huh? You guys will fall for anything. Which altered temperature record are you looking at?

Ever hear of CRN? Billions were spent on it but you probably won't hear much about it anytime soon. It consists of well situated stations across the country and it doesn't require adjustment. The only problem is that it doesn't show anywhere near the warming that the "adjusted" temperature base shows.

Just in the past few days the NDC reported that July of 2012 was the hottest year ever with an average temperature of 77.6. CRN, their state of the art temperature monitoring system says that the average in July was 75.6...two degrees cooler than the "adjusted" temperature record claims. CRN has been in operation since 2008 and has been quitely contradicting the published temperatures since it went online. Ever wonder why it is never mentioned in those big headline news releases regarding temperature? For that matter, have you ever even heard of CRN? My bet is that you haven't.

If it weren't actually costing me money, the fact that you guys swallow whatever BS you are fed hook line and sinker would be laughable.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  7. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,414
    I will be 70 this year, and had you asked me in 2000 whether I would live to see what we are seeing right now, I would have answered in the negative. What we see now in the Arctic, alpine glaciers, and weather extremes is what we were expecting between the middle of this century and the end of it.

In the next decade, I expect to see some rather unpleasant surprises as the effects of the amount of GHGs we have put into the atmosphere create even more unforeseen feedbacks.

8. Star

Star Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,016
    Er, continuity of data? or uh, comparing apples to apples and oranges to oranges?

The U.S. Climate Reference Network (USCRN) consists of 114 stations developed, deployed, managed, and maintained by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) in the continental United States for the express purpose of detecting the national signal of climate change. The vision of the USCRN program is to maintain a sustainable high-quality climate observation network that
    50 years from now
    can with the highest degree of confidence answer the question: How has the climate of the nation changed over the past 50 years? These stations were designed with climate science in mind. (more...)

Ready, fire, aim -- it's a Republican thing.

9. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,547
    It's their religion.

10. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,086
    [​IMG]

"AGW is for real! Maybe time to go after a few conservatives for criminal liability?! Until the consequence create intolerable situations for enough people, nobody is going to do anything. It's a CO2 comet of Joy!"