Mt. Fuji May be Due to Erupt Again Soon

If it happens anytime soon, I reckon the huge Tohoku earthquake would be to blame.

Anyone living in the Ring of Fire, near a volcano with a morphology as young as that of Fuji should be aware that mountain is just napping, and will awake with a roar at some time in the future. The local and state governments should have protocals in place to deal with that evenuality.

As for the snide remarks, this is an environmental section of the board, not just an AGW one. And Fuji represents a danger to those living nearby, as well as an economic danger to Japan and the rest of the world that deals with Japan. We who live in the shadow of volcanos on the West Coast well understand the danger of these beasts.

You mean to tell me that nature MAY happen somewhere on the globe at some point in the future?! Holy shit!!!

Box of Rocks, quick! Now is your chance to convert someone to your religion!

You mean to tell me that nature MAY happen somewhere on the globe at some point in the future?! Holy shit!!!

Box of Rocks, quick! Now is your chance to convert someone to your religion!

And a rational thought may pass through the minds of some on this board occassionly. However, you are hardly proof of that.:badgrin:

A good volcano won't hurt this world. Give me a good volcano with Stratospheric sulfur and I don't think Fuji has it.

Forum List

Back