Last Combat troops remain in iraq-another obama end run around the truth

"As the final convoy of the Army’s 4th Stryker Brigade Combat Team, based at Fort Lewis, Wash., entered Kuwait early Thursday, a different Stryker brigade remained in Iraq.

Soldiers from the 2nd Stryker Brigade Combat Team of the 25th Infantry Division are deployed in Iraq as members of an Advise and Assist Brigade, the Army’s designation for brigades selected to conduct security force assistance.

So while the “last full U.S. combat brigade” have left Iraq, just under 50,000 soldiers from specially trained heavy, infantry and Stryker brigades will stay, as well as two combat aviation brigades."

Combat brigades in Iraq under different name - Army News | News from Afghanistan & Iraq - Army Times

hope and change rides again.

personally, i'm glad the army did this for obvious reasons, but it would be nice if the president and/or his apologists told the truth for a change.

hope springs eternal...

Imagine if the LAST president told the truth.

"As the final convoy of the Army’s 4th Stryker Brigade Combat Team, based at Fort Lewis, Wash., entered Kuwait early Thursday, a different Stryker brigade remained in Iraq.

Soldiers from the 2nd Stryker Brigade Combat Team of the 25th Infantry Division are deployed in Iraq as members of an Advise and Assist Brigade, the Army’s designation for brigades selected to conduct security force assistance.

So while the “last full U.S. combat brigade” have left Iraq, just under 50,000 soldiers from specially trained heavy, infantry and Stryker brigades will stay, as well as two combat aviation brigades."

Combat brigades in Iraq under different name - Army News | News from Afghanistan & Iraq - Army Times

personally, i'm glad the army did this for obvious reasons, but it would be nice if the president and/or his apologists told the truth for a change.

hope springs eternal...

imagine if you weren't a complete hack

We're not leaving Iraq or Afghanistan. Only confused & delusional sheep believe we are. We will be in these countries for many many years. I mean have we left South Korea yet? This President will dance his jig of celebration while patting himself on the back for this draw-down but it's all just an illusion. His sheep-like followers need to be fed so he's feeding them what they need to hear. Btw,i also think it's in incredibly poor taste for this President to take all the credit for a draw-deal deal that was signed by George Bush and the Iraqi Government. This is not an Obama plan. This is a Bush plan. Shame on our corrupt Obama-run MSM for not calling him on this. It's nice to see less troops in Iraq but we're a long long way from leaving Iraq.

hope springs eternal...

What truth? I can see that speech now

Bush: Well we have what we feel is credible evidence that Saddam has WMD, the entire world agrees with our assessment but in 3 years some on the left might prove that our data was incorrect, and so claim I lied when I based decisions off of the data I had.

That being said however, I don't really need a reason to invade, because I'm the President of the US, and as such i am the Commander in Chief of the US military. and under COTUS authority I can send troops anywhere for up to 90 days without consulting anyone, although I do have to inform the Senate Select Armed Services Committee. So let me address this future lie now by saying hey Rdean do some damned research before you post.

PS - I bet I'm right that eventually many Americans will forget the tragedy of 9/11.

PPS - Obama is a clown shoes when he runs for President, don't vote for him.

Goodnight , and God Bless America

hope springs eternal...

Imagine if ANY president told the truth..... better yet, imagine the quality of President if we demanded they do so.

hope springs eternal...

Don't we have 50,000 soldiers still in Germany, or something like that?

I am glad the Ft Lewis guys are home, I believe they lost something like 200 guys. Plus a lot of guys I went to high school were stationed at Ft Lewis.

hope springs eternal...

What truth? I can see that speech now

Bush: Well we have what we feel is credible evidence that Saddam has WMD, the entire world agrees with our assessment but in 3 years some on the left might prove that our data was incorrect, and so claim I lied when I based decisions off of the data I had.

That being said however, I don't really need a reason to invade, because I'm the President of the US, and as such i am the Commander in Chief of the US military. and under COTUS authority I can send troops anywhere for up to 90 days without consulting anyone, although I do have to inform the Senate Select Armed Services Committee. So let me address this future lie now by saying hey Rdean do some damned research before you post.

PS - I bet I'm right that eventually many Americans will forget the tragedy of 9/11.

PPS - Obama is a clown shoes when he runs for President, don't vote for him.

Goodnight , and God Bless America
I doubt many Americans will, just like we don't forget Pearl Arbor.

hope springs eternal...

I am glad the Ft Lewis guys are home, I believe they lost something like 200 guys. Plus a lot of guys I went to high school were stationed at Ft Lewis.

probably. i have no idea what that has to do with this, though.

the WH announced the last combat brigade had left the country. it hasn't. existing combat brigades have been given additional training and designated *advisory* brigades. if i teach my rottweiller to roll over and fetch, that doesn't make it a poodle.

i'm glad we're drawing down the troops in a place we never should have gone, but it doesn't make obama any less of a fraud.

Anyone who voted for him to end the war needs counseling.

I'm beginning to think that anyone who voted for him needs counseling...
I voted for Obama because the alternative was McCain. My first choice was Kucinich but if the voting public were sufficiently sophisticated as to elect him the Nation wouldn't be in the shape it's in to begin with.

I should add that after eight years of looking at and listening to the arrogant, embarrassingly brazen criminal who was installed as President in 2000, Obama's articulate presentations are a welcome relief. But I have never been taken in by his fine-print style of getting over on those who can be fooled by such doublespeak.

Bottom line: Obama is a skilled bullshit artist -- but he's a much better choice than any Republican would be. Because while the Democratic Party is partly corrupted the Republican Party, to which I had belonged dating back to Goldwater, has become the representative party of the corporatocracy.

hope springs eternal...

It's around 15,000 now, and 23,000 in South Korea, I want them all brought home, what does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

hope springs eternal...

the WH announced the last combat brigade had left the country. it hasn't. existing combat brigades have been given additional training and designated *advisory* brigades. if i teach my rottweiller to roll over and fetch, that doesn't make it a poodle.

i'm glad we're drawing down the troops in a place we never should have gone, but it doesn't make obama any less of a fraud.

I am just saying, we never really leave. And I get your point, and I wish Obama would follow through on his promises. I also think we need to scale back in many areas of the world. I agree 100% with Ron Paul on this issue. We need to stop being a nation at war, and take care of our own problems at home.

hope springs eternal...

It's around 15,000 now, and 23,000 in South Korea, I want them all brought home, what does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

Oh! I don't know, maybe that the US has a habit of not really leaving. We always feel we need to stay and "fix" their problems for them. So I guess it does have to do with price of tea in China.
And it wouldn't take a genius to get the point I was trying to make. FYI, I wasn't defending Obama. I voted for the guy, doesn't mean I agree with him on everything. I have a list of things that I am a little pissed about.

Oh! I don't know, maybe that the US has a habit of not really leaving. We always feel we need to stay and "fix" their problems for them. So I guess it does have to do with price of tea in China.
And it wouldn't take a genius to get the point I was trying to make. FYI, I wasn't defending Obama. I voted for the guy, doesn't mean I agree with him on everything. I have a list of things that I am a little pissed about.

I meant it doesn't have anything to do with the fact that the troops still in Iraq are in fact still in a designated combat zone, while those in Germany, and South Korea are not. So they are two different situations. If Obama says there are no combat troops in South Korea, he's right in the sense that there is no combat going on in South Korea.

He's playing with designators here, nothing more.

I meant it doesn't have anything to do with the fact that the troops still in Iraq are in fact still in a designated combat zone, while those in Germany, and South Korea are not. So they are two different situations. If Obama says there are no combat troops in South Korea, he's right in the sense that there is no combat going on in South Korea.

My ex boyfriend was less than an inch a way from getting shot in the head when he was on the DMZ. :D And I am pretty sure his unit was a combat unit, unless the 7th Cav isn't a combat unit. In that case I have no idea why they went to Iraq after getting back from South Korea. lol So you are probably right, there is technically no combat there. lol

I am just saying, we never really leave. And I get your point, and I wish Obama would follow through on his promises. I also think we need to scale back in many areas of the world. I agree 100% with Ron Paul on this issue. We need to stop being a nation at war, and take care of our own problems at home.

Before posting stuff about how we 'never really leave', you really should look at the reasons - in each individual theatre of ops - before you talk in general terms about what the military does or does not do. Just an idea.

My ex boyfriend was less than an inch a way from getting shot in the head when he was on the DMZ. :D And I am pretty sure his unit was a combat unit, unless the 7th Cav isn't a combat unit. In that case I have no idea why they went to Iraq after getting back from South Korea. lol So you are probably right, there is technically no combat there. lol

I did not say that there was no shooting going on. I said it was not a combat zone. Please either educate yourself or don't comment.

Here are the current combat zones

Combat Zones

Even the commander of US troops in Korea says it is not a combat zone.

U.S. Forces Korea commander Gen. B.B. Bell said Thursday that a policy requiring most U.S. troops in South Korea to serve one-year tours without their families is an “outdated relic of the Cold War” that should have been changed years ago.

Instead, troops should serve in South Korea for three years with their families, he said.

“This is not a combat zone over here. This is a modern, first-world country,” Bell said at the end of a daylong visit to Camp Walker and Camp Henry. “It is unacceptable in the U.S. military today to have this kind of policy in place and in any way condone it.” [Stars & Stripes]

General Bell: Korea, “Not a Combat Zone” | ROK Drop

I did not say that there was no shooting going on. I said it was not a combat zone. Please either educate yourself or don't comment.

Combat Zones

U.S. Forces Korea commander Gen. B.B. Bell said Thursday that a policy requiring most U.S. troops in South Korea to serve one-year tours without their families is an “outdated relic of the Cold War” that should have been changed years ago.

Instead, troops should serve in South Korea for three years with their families, he said.

“This is not a combat zone over here. This is a modern, first-world country,” Bell said at the end of a daylong visit to Camp Walker and Camp Henry. “It is unacceptable in the U.S. military today to have this kind of policy in place and in any way condone it.” [Stars & Stripes]

I was agreeing with you. :lol:

Before posting stuff about how we 'never really leave', you really should look at the reasons - in each individual theatre of ops - before you talk in general terms about what the military does or does not do. Just an idea.
Why do we need to be in Japan? They should develop their own military. I understand why we stayed after the War, but it has been 50 years, I think it is time to let them run their own military.
And I don't agree with us being in many places we are, sorry. I don't think we should be spending so much money protecting other countries. I agree with humanitarian missions, but long occupations.

Combat Zones

My ex boyfriend was over there for two years, I think I might know a little about what actually goes on over there. I mean he did talk about it, quite a bit.

Forum List

Back