Last Combat troops remain in iraq-another obama end run around the truth

I am just saying, we never really leave. And I get your point, and I wish Obama would follow through on his promises. I also think we need to scale back in many areas of the world. I agree 100% with Ron Paul on this issue. We need to stop being a nation at war, and take care of our own problems at home.

Before posting stuff about how we 'never really leave', you really should look at the reasons - in each individual theatre of ops - before you talk in general terms about what the military does or does not do. Just an idea.
Why do we need to be in Japan? They should develop their own military. I understand why we stayed after the War, but it has been 50 years, I think it is time to let them run their own military.
And I don't agree with us being in many places we are, sorry. I don't think we should be spending so much money protecting other countries. I agree with humanitarian missions, but long occupations.

Sometimes, it's not about 'running their own military. Sometimes, it's about defending the interests of this nation. It is not always obvious but, with a bit of effort, you can learn all kinds of shit about why we do what we do.

I am just saying, we never really leave. And I get your point, and I wish Obama would follow through on his promises. I also think we need to scale back in many areas of the world. I agree 100% with Ron Paul on this issue. We need to stop being a nation at war, and take care of our own problems at home.

Before posting stuff about how we 'never really leave', you really should look at the reasons - in each individual theatre of ops - before you talk in general terms about what the military does or does not do. Just an idea.
Why do we need to be in Japan? They should develop their own military. I understand why we stayed after the War, but it has been 50 years, I think it is time to let them run their own military.
And I don't agree with us being in many places we are, sorry. I don't think we should be spending so much money protecting other countries. I agree with humanitarian missions, but long occupations.

I don't trust them to biuld a military... Too much hate between them and China. As for us being over there, I have no problem with that, but I DO have a problem with us funding their protection. Why they can't hire our military to protect them is beyond me, in fact that is how I would like to see it done around the globe, you want US military protection fine by us, you pay we spray.

My ex boyfriend was less than an inch a way from getting shot in the head when he was on the DMZ. :D And I am pretty sure his unit was a combat unit, unless the 7th Cav isn't a combat unit. In that case I have no idea why they went to Iraq after getting back from South Korea. lol So you are probably right, there is technically no combat there. lol

I did not say that there was no shooting going on. I said it was not a combat zone. Please either educate yourself or don't comment.

Here are the current combat zones

Combat Zones

Even the commander of US troops in Korea says it is not a combat zone.

U.S. Forces Korea commander Gen. B.B. Bell said Thursday that a policy requiring most U.S. troops in South Korea to serve one-year tours without their families is an “outdated relic of the Cold War” that should have been changed years ago.

Instead, troops should serve in South Korea for three years with their families, he said.

“This is not a combat zone over here. This is a modern, first-world country,” Bell said at the end of a daylong visit to Camp Walker and Camp Henry. “It is unacceptable in the U.S. military today to have this kind of policy in place and in any way condone it.” [Stars & Stripes]

General Bell: Korea, “Not a Combat Zone” | ROK Drop
My ex boyfriend was over there for two years, I think I might know a little about what actually goes on over there. I mean he did talk about it, quite a bit.

You don't know jack if you think Korea is a combat zone = to iraq.

Sometimes, it's not about 'running their own military. Sometimes, it's about defending the interests of this nation. It is not always obvious but, with a bit of effort, you can learn all kinds of shit about why we do what we do.

Sorry, I just don't agree with us acting like an Empire.

I did not say that there was no shooting going on. I said it was not a combat zone. Please either educate yourself or don't comment.

Here are the current combat zones

Combat Zones

Even the commander of US troops in Korea says it is not a combat zone.

U.S. Forces Korea commander Gen. B.B. Bell said Thursday that a policy requiring most U.S. troops in South Korea to serve one-year tours without their families is an “outdated relic of the Cold War” that should have been changed years ago.

Instead, troops should serve in South Korea for three years with their families, he said.

“This is not a combat zone over here. This is a modern, first-world country,” Bell said at the end of a daylong visit to Camp Walker and Camp Henry. “It is unacceptable in the U.S. military today to have this kind of policy in place and in any way condone it.” [Stars & Stripes]

General Bell: Korea, “Not a Combat Zone” | ROK Drop
My ex boyfriend was over there for two years, I think I might know a little about what actually goes on over there. I mean he did talk about it, quite a bit.

You don't know jack if you think Korea is a combat zone = to iraq.
Did I say that? I think I was agreeing with you first off, second I never said it was like Iraq. I am pretty sure I stated he was in a combat unit, that went to Iraq after being in Korea.

protecting our own interests =/= acting like an empire.

I got an idea, let's start a thread about coloring so that you can participate to.

:lol:

:popcorn::popcorn:

Nothing like watching two retards argue!
you're right. only a fucking retard would believe obama. didn't you vote for him?

:rofl:

retarded and a wuss-you're the whole package, swervelite. :lol:

Never supported him and have been calling him a sell out ever since he abandoned his church and began calling himself an "African-American." I'm the whole package because I easily slam dumbasses like you while leaving you in a state of confusion riddled into obessing over me personally instead of sticking to the topic. That is why you are immediately derailing your own thread into talking about me.

tissue, wuss?

:popcorn::popcorn:

Nothing like watching two retards argue!
Never supported him and have been calling him a sell out ever since he abandoned his church and began calling himself an "African-American." I'm the whole package because I easily slam dumbasses like you while leaving you in a state of confusion riddled into obessing over me personally instead of sticking to the topic. That is why you are immediately derailing your own thread into talking about me.

tissue, wuss?

you need to get another retard and start arguing, gook.

I got an idea, let's start a thread about coloring so that you can participate to.

So you don't think having a military presence in most of the world, is not acting like an Empire?

Why don't you tell me what interests we need to protect in Japan. You seem to know so much.

I do love how any time I don't agree with you Conjob, you feel the need to put down my intelligence. It shows what kind of person you are.

So you don't think having a military presence in most of the world, is not acting like an Empire?

Why don't you tell me what interests we need to protect in Japan. You seem to know so much.

I actually disagree with having troops in Japan, and have posted that before, so why would I now argue that it was necessary?

But if you want to really learn something about the military aspet of it, I will teach you grasshopper.

Let's look at our presence in Western Europe in the 80's. Why were they there in such numbers? I mean really if the Soviets took over Germany would that affect us? No , not really. Well unless you actually think in military terms.

It's called a prepositioned defensive perimeter. With the idea being that we could fight them in Germany and if need be fall back to England and even if that didn't work out they still weren't on our home soil.

Now if WWIII breaks out, where would you rather it be fought, here in the US or anywhere else?

I do love how any time I don't agree with you Conjob, you feel the need to put down my intelligence. It shows what kind of person you are.

I told you loose ass, as long as you make fun of my name you will get like in return.

me to. :lol:

I really enjoyed it in one thread, where I and a few other proved he didn't know what he was talking about, but I of course was the stupid one. Trying to have a discussion with the guy, well it is like trying to have a conversation with my two year old.

I actually disagree with having troops in Japan, and have posted that before, so why would I now argue that it was necessary?

But if you want to really learn something about the military aspet of it, I will teach you grasshopper.

Let's look at our presence in Western Europe in the 80's. Why were they there in such numbers? I mean really if the Soviets took over Germany would that affect us? No , not really. Well unless you actually think in military terms.

It's called a prepositioned defensive perimeter. With the idea being that we could fight them in Germany and if need be fall back to England and even if that didn't work out they still weren't on our home soil.

Now if WWIII breaks out, where would you rather it be fought, here in the US or anywhere else?

psssst. it's 2010 not 1980. try again, von clauswitz

:eusa_shhh: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

me to. :lol:

I really enjoyed it in one thread, where I and a few other proved he didn't know what he was talking about, but I of course was the stupid one. Trying to have a discussion with the guy, well it is like trying to have a conversation with my two year old.

You've never proven any such thing truthmatter errr I mean Luissa

psssst. it's 2010 not 1980. try again, von clauswitz

:eusa_shhh: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The principles are the same. Substitute China and Japan for Soviet Union and Germany. Is that too hard a concept for you?

I told you loose ass, as long as you make fun of my name you will get like in return.

And I told you, if you keep putting me down, I won't be nice to you.
I was trying to have a discussion with you, and trying to be an adult, of course you couldn't handle that.
I am sorry I don't agree with you on the military, but I have a right to my opinion, and it doesn't mean I am stupid. I have also spent a few years taking history in college, and most Empires were just like us. They felt the need to have a presence around the world, and they also felt the need to tell other countries how to run their military and country. Sound familiar?

You should also do a little research on the Opium Wars in China, maybe you will learn something.

Forum List

Back