Last combat troops leave Iraq - another Obama promise kept

I love when civilians speak on things they have no idea what the hell they are talking about.

THEY CANT PULL OUT EVERY SINGLE SOLDIER THERE...it is a gradual thing.

Then why is Obama claiming it as a talking point? 100% chance Dems run on it in November.

But GOOD. I'm glad no troops will be in combat in Iraq at risk for this clown any longer. Hes tying their hands and not serious about winning the war, no need for them to get hurt or killed for a president who isn't behind them.

Damn shame. Iraq will be in chaos in 2 years.

Then by your logic we should never leave.....Ever.

You are McCain part 2....100 years perhaps? wow. I am glad you had nothing to do with the end of viet nam, we would still be there fighting.

Amen!!!

I'm watching it live on MSNBC. It looks like Fox is ignoring the withdrawal.

That figures.

To keep the record straight here, Rachel Maddow is in Iraq and just explained why MSNBC and NBC are the only ones televising the exodus from Iraq. They are the only ones with the necessary technology.

Last edited:
Oh my GOD they are really NOT covering it.

every other news station is full on the leaving of Iraq of combat troops and FOX doesnt care about these troops?

What fucking shitheads.

BREAKING: Last U.S. Combat Troops Leaving Iraq | The Political Carnival

the last of the troops will finally be departing.

Thank. God.

UPDATING as news comes in.

Richard Engel is now reporting live that the combat mission in Iraq will be over.

---------------------------

Thanks Obama. Another promise kept.

Actually, I think President Bush set the withdrawal date before he left office, but it was a nice try anyway. :lol::lol::lol: I am grateful though that they are coming home.

Lt. Col. Mark Bieger huddled his infantrymen in a darkened parking lot minutes before they were to depart Baghdad for the last time.

Final U.S. combat brigade pulls out of Iraq
Faces of the Fallen: Service members who died in Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom

"This is a historic mission!" he bellowed, struggling to be heard over the zoom of fighter jets and unmanned drones deployed to watch over the brigade's convoy to Kuwait. "A truly historic end to seven years of war."

The 4th Stryker Brigade, 2nd Infantry Division, which left Iraq this week, was the final U.S. combat brigade to be pulled out of the country, fulfilling the Obama administration's pledge to end the U.S. combat mission by the end of August. About 50,000 U.S. troops will remain in Iraq, mainly as a training force.

"Operation Iraqi Freedom ends on your watch!" exclaimed Col. John Norris, the head of the brigade.

"Hooah!" the soldiers roared, using an Army battle cry.

washingtonpost.com

I love when civilians speak on things they have no idea what the hell they are talking about.

THEY CANT PULL OUT EVERY SINGLE SOLDIER THERE...it is a gradual thing.

Then why is Obama claiming it as a talking point? 100% chance Dems run on it in November.

But GOOD. I'm glad no troops will be in combat in Iraq at risk for this clown any longer. Hes tying their hands and not serious about winning the war, no need for them to get hurt or killed for a president who isn't behind them.

Damn shame. Iraq will be in chaos in 2 years.

Then by your logic we should never leave.....Ever.

You are McCain part 2....100 years perhaps? wow. I am glad you had nothing to do with the end of viet nam, we would still be there fighting.

yes we will be there for 100 years. at least 100 years. those bases in Iraq are permanent.

Do you think I care about Fox ratings?

I care about these troops being out of theater and on their way home.

I wish Fox cared too

I wish I could help fox, they have lost their American loyalty due to severe partisanship

The only reason that withdrawal of troops is feasible now is due to the success of the Bush-Petraeus Surge, which Senator Obama opposed.

NYT HEADLINE:

Sun Rises in East: ANOTHER OBAMA PROMISE KEPT!!!

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

rdean, you fucking robot.:lol:

Remember the "good old days" of "you broke it, you own it?"

That's turned in to, "Republicans went and "broke it", the Democrats have to "own it".

Forum List

Back