Landry Tells Obama "I don't need a failed Pres. giving me a lecture"

You've been fed a carefully crafted vision of the TEA Parties. The few nutcases get all the airtime. It doesn't serve the media's purpose to show the normal folks in the TP.

Obediently, you believe what you're shown, and, like Pavlov's dogs, salivate when the bell rings.

You serve your masters well, and you will be rewarded.

Oh the irony! :lol:
No irony. You point to ONE video of ONE man and make a blanket statement about the GOP.

You're really not very bright.

I never thought you were very bright with your simple minded commentary. It's the reason there is never any real response to your posts. Sorry, you're boring, hon.

This President, from the get go, has made attempt after attempt to reach across to Republicans. When he first got into office he had meeting after meeting with them. They were given every opportunity to have a voice in his administration.
Only if they'd rubber-stamp everything he did and give him a blank check. O)bama's idea of "bipartisanship" is "STFU and do what I tell you to do".

I guess you see what you want to see, but I dare say your "views" are skewed a bit by your hatred of this President.

What you see in the President (despite his reaching out time and again) is what I definitely see (and is reflected in their statements and in their obstructionism) in the GnOP. Their idea of compromise is "do everything we want".

Do you know how many Republican ideas ended up in the final Health Care Reform bill?(that looks startlingly like the REPUBLICAN Mitt Romney's plan...not to mention Dole's)

And still not a one voted for it...

That is bullshit. From day one, Obama has been an arrogant fool. And he is followed by arrogant fools.

It wasn't day one, but week three...

Obama reaches out to Republicans

And then again in 2010...

Post-White House Summit, GOP Leaders Pleased With Obama's Pledge to Reach Out

Obama Reaches Out to Republicans on Health Care, but Bipartisan Bill Looking Unlikely

Obama reaches out to Republicans on tax forms

And what did we get from the GnOP?

Bipartisanship is overrated, says Steele

How about Senator Mitch McConnell saying "The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president."?

GOP rejects Obama's compromise offer on health bill

yeah we KNOW how the Obama and the Left reaches out. There motto is, we won get over it, or it's MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY. you all just can't stand it when people ACTUALLY stand up to your thuggish ways..

Your opinion (and not backed up by ANY facts)

Good for Landry.

The Obama and the Dems have provided no plan to provide a basis of negotiation. Heck, they haven't even performed the Constitutional Duty to pass a budget for the past couple of years. Why waste time listening to Obama's "I Won" droning?

Yes, and you're such a dispassionate and unbiased observer. :cool:

Give the radical Left a break, comrade

When the Left's leaders get together things happen
:eusa_angel:

What's Obama plan?

Landry is spot on!

Obama's not some low lever Community agitator any more, he has the biggest CEO job on the planet, what's his plan?

He doesn't have a plan.

He does however, have an Election STRATEGERY: Blame Booooosssshhhh and Accuse the GOP of Pushing Granny over the cliff.

Uh huh, we're talking about your party and their silliness. I'm not interested in your liberty blather, btw when all you do is offer explanations for Republican incompetence.

Sarah? WHOM has been in charge since 2007? Don't hurt yourself thinking...you might burst a vessel in your head with such an exercise.

Thing is BOTH are culpable. ONE is starting to awaken...you know the one that you chide all the time thoughtlessly, wrecklessly?

Boehner and Cantor are awakening? They're brain dead.

What sort of Libertarian would attach themselves to these people?

Everybody now:

Braindead ones!

What sort of person attaches themselves to failure of a POTUS and tries to blame it on the 'other guys'?

What's Obama plan?

Landry is spot on!

Obama's not some low lever Community agitator any more, he has the biggest CEO job on the planet, what's his plan?

He doesn't have a plan.

He does however, have an Election STRATEGERY: Blame Booooosssshhhh and Accuse the GOP of Pushing Granny over the cliff.

That goes without saying that he has never left campaign mode...only recently ratcheted it up. So I won't say it...:eusa_shhh:

Sarah? WHOM has been in charge since 2007? Don't hurt yourself thinking...you might burst a vessel in your head with such an exercise.

Thing is BOTH are culpable. ONE is starting to awaken...you know the one that you chide all the time thoughtlessly, wrecklessly?

Boehner and Cantor are awakening? They're brain dead.

What sort of Libertarian would attach themselves to these people?

Everybody now:

Braindead ones!

What sort of person attaches themselves to failure of a POTUS and tries to blame it on the 'other guys'?

That's easy

Someone from the Left...

:eusa_whistle:

Has Landry fulfilled his campaign pledge to reject federal retirement and health care benefits?

"Both candidates (in the 2010 race) pledged to reject congressional perks for themselves, including retirement and health care benefits. Landry said that Sangisetty's 'choice of party affiliation and alliance with his Speaker, Nancy Pelosi, proves he supports the Washington Democrat's liberal agenda of increased taxes, government takeovers of private industry and dramatically liberal values.'[6]"

Jeff Landry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Landry and Obama.
Two sides of the same problem.

It took me two seconds to discover that he did fulfill that promise (which if you actually cared to know instead of just posting a snarky insinuation you could have done yourself):

Washington, DC – Congressman Jeff Landry (Republican, New Iberia) formally declined Congressional health care and retirement, following through on a pledge that is sure to shake up Washington and energize efforts to repeal Obamacare.

"I submitted the necessary paperwork to decline the health care and retirement plans offered to Members of Congress," Landry explained. "American taxpayers - burdened with near-record deficits - cannot afford to pay Members of Congress, who already receive $174,000 a year salary, an additional benefit."

Congressman Landry Declines Congressional Health Care & Retirement Benefits | Congressman Jeff Landry

Last edited:
You've been fed a carefully crafted vision of the TEA Parties. The few nutcases get all the airtime. It doesn't serve the media's purpose to show the normal folks in the TP.

Obediently, you believe what you're shown, and, like Pavlov's dogs, salivate when the bell rings.

You serve your masters well, and you will be rewarded.

I live in Arizona and work in the defense industry, the many tea party members I deal with everyday fit right into the "carefully crafted vision of the TEA Parties". Maybe it's just an Arizona thing, but if it walks like a duck....
Yes, and you're such a dispassionate and unbiased observer. :cool:

You believe that "all gays should be sent to an island and burned"? Or, "that Muslims shouldn't be allowed in the military or even in America"? "Mormon's are a cult"? Or that a video on you tube shows Obama saying that he's a muslim? Or that there are only 100 million whites in America?

These are the topics I hear at work. Arizona has a lot of Mormon's and the thier sure seems to be alot of hatred of Mormon's floating around the white evangelical/tea party crowd. I guess since I'm black, they assume I'm not a Mormon and feel free to share.

Can you please provide the exact quote from President Obama. I believe you are misinformed and the President did NOT, in fact, say "I won".

Of course he did. It was during the stimulus debate though, rather than the healthcare debate.

According to a source present at the meeting, President Obama said, "Look, we are all political animals here, If we don't do this, we may lose seats. I may not be re-elected. But none of that's going to matter if we don't pass this because the economy will be in a crisis and the American people will be hurting."

Among some of the things Republicans requested: tax deductions for some small businesses, making unemployment benefits tax free and a provision that would let businesses losing money carry the losses over to pay fewer taxes in a different fiscal year.

Mr. Obama did voice opinion on some differences on the issue of whether the lowest individual tax rates should be cut from 15 percent to 10 percent and from 10 percent to 5 percent.

As the president, he had told Kyl after the Arizonan raised objections to the notion of a tax credit for people who don't pay income taxes, Obama told Cantor this morning that "on some of these issues we're just going to have ideological differences."

The president added, "I won. So I think on that one, I trump you."

'I Won:' President Obama Works to Be Bipartisan But Shows There Are Clear Limits - Political Punch

Unnamed source and indirect quote. Sorry, try again...

Do you actually read the news? This incident was widely reported by even the MSM at the time.

This President, from the get go, has made attempt after attempt to reach across to Republicans. When he first got into office he had meeting after meeting with them. They were given every opportunity to have a voice in his administration.

The GnOP, on the other hand, decided that their course of action was going to be to put up a solid wall of obstructionism. They were going to do their best to ensure this President's failure at all costs...even if that cost was our economy and the future success of our country.

Poll after poll shows that the American people want compromise. The GnOP ONLY wants the President's failure, no matter WHAT the cost...

That is bullshit. From day one, Obama has been an arrogant fool. And he is followed by arrogant fools.

It wasn't day one, but week three...

Obama reaches out to Republicans

And then again in 2010...

Post-White House Summit, GOP Leaders Pleased With Obama's Pledge to Reach Out

Obama Reaches Out to Republicans on Health Care, but Bipartisan Bill Looking Unlikely

Obama reaches out to Republicans on tax forms

And what did we get from the GnOP?

Bipartisanship is overrated, says Steele

How about Senator Mitch McConnell saying "The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president."?

GOP rejects Obama's compromise offer on health bill

Oh, I'm sorry. I did not realize I was supposed to accept the words of politicians as the gospel truth! Now I see why my thought process is different to many people's. I think for myself and some other people think what politicians tell them to!

Breakthrough!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I have but one word in to say in response..... Suckers!

See, what I do is watch what they do, not what they say they are gonna do, but what they actually do. Obama may say whatever he thinks people want to hear.... all politicians do that.... but he does not act on those words.

When he needs to, he 'talks tough' - cuz that plays well with the Obamanation.

When he needs to, he 'talks nice' - cuz that plays well with the independents.

What he does not do.... he does not walk the talk. He just talks it.

And fools, like you, provide me with stupid links to back up their ridiculous claims of 'bipartisanship'.

Last edited:
Last edited:

The GnOP, on the other hand, decided that their course of action was going to be to put up a solid wall of obstructionism. They were going to do their best to ensure this President's failure at all costs...even if that cost was our economy and the future success of our country.

Poll after poll shows that the American people want compromise. The GnOP ONLY wants the President's failure, no matter WHAT the cost...

Really? Like inviting Ryan to one of his speeches and then demonizing him?

Obama has engaged in Faux Bi-partisanship. It's a big FARCE. He has no intentions of negotiating in good faith.

Forum List

Back