Lake Meade original water intake valve is visible for the first time since 1971

The "tops of the Sierra Nevadas" are in California and feed the California water supply, not Nevada ... do you not remember what you posted yourself? ... that's sad ...

The "tops of the Sierra Nevadas" are in California and feed the California water supply, not Nevada ... do you not remember what you posted yourself? ... that's sad ...
Last time I flew over the Sierra Nevada mountains, I could have sworn they sloped to the west AND the east. And, besides, I'm not the one that said Nevada was thoroughly watered by snow melt coming from the mountains unaffected by "local weather". Are there other mountains in that neck of the woods?

Last time I flew over the Sierra Nevada mountains, I could have sworn they sloped to the west AND the east. And, besides, I'm not the one that said Nevada was thoroughly watered by snow melt coming from the mountains unaffected by "local weather". Are there other mountains in that neck of the woods?

I've live along side the Sierra/Cascades almost all my adult life ... it rains mostly on the westside, not on the eastside ... what little water does come down on the eastside follows the Owens Valley directly to LA, or into Mono Lake or Pyramid Lake (both of which have no outlet) ...

This is called the "rain shadow effect" ... as the moist air is lifted up over the Sierra ridge, water is precipitated out, as the air drops back down the other side, humidity crashes to near nothing ... yes, there are other mountains "downstream", but the air has already been bled out and is too dry to precipitate anymore water ... what rain the Desert Southwest does get is usually `monsoonal` from the Gulf of Mexico ... rather than `zonal` from the Pacific Ocean ...

I'm sorry ... Lake Powell and Lake Meade have plenty of water for a Phoenix population of 100,000 ... in 1950 ... there was NEVER enough water there to support the current 2 MILLION people in Phoenix ... math is hard for liberals? ... it's impossible for politicians ...

ETA: Rain shadow - Wikipedia

I've live along side the Sierra/Cascades almost all my adult life ... it rains mostly on the westside, not on the eastside ... what little water does come down on the eastside follows the Owens Valley directly to LA, or into Mono Lake or Pyramid Lake (both of which have no outlet) ...

This is called the "rain shadow effect" ... as the moist air is lifted up over the Sierra ridge, water is precipitated out, as the air drops back down the other side, humidity crashes to near nothing ... yes, there are other mountains "downstream", but the air has already been bled out and is too dry to precipitate anymore water ... what rain the Desert Southwest does get is usually `monsoonal` from the Gulf of Mexico ... rather than `zonal` from the Pacific Ocean ...

I'm sorry ... Lake Powell and Lake Meade have plenty of water for a Phoenix population of 100,000 ... in 1950 ... there was NEVER enough water there to support the current 2 MILLION people in Phoenix ... math is hard for liberals? ... it's impossible for politicians ...

ETA: Rain shadow - Wikipedia
I am familiar with the phenomenon. Again, I am not the one that said Nevada was being fed by snowmelt.

Well ... we're blaming you for saying it ... life's unfair ... get over it ...
I decline to suffer for your laziness and dishonesty. The statement was made by poster Brick Gold and I quote it here:

"Here is a chart showing that Nevada crop production is high as it always was. The reservoir water is made from snow in the mountains up stream, unaffected with the local weather system. The dam serves other states too. Check it out, get your edumacation on."

It's comments like that that keep you from making friends.

I suffer your laziness and dishonesty all the time. It's not so bad. I understand that you are overly emotional and only see what you want to see.
There are a few people on this forum I respect. You're not one of them.

I'm sure I'll survive.

Your respect hinges on them agreeing with you. I have higher standards than that.

Agreed.

WE tangle hard in the religion big disagreements area but get along anyway still give each positive thanks and more.

:)

The Eastern slopes get more snow.

It's gotten way worse just the last 2 months

This is why our obsession with climate change is so wrong... of course its getting hotter and dryer in the west... forget the damn reason... bring more water to where the nation needs it... PIPELINES from Texas and the mid west are doable... we have that kind of ability...
Why aren't we doing what we all know is the best response to global warming droughts?... getting water where you need it in our nation should be a priority....
Our leaders are failing us....

This is why our obsession with climate change is so wrong... of course its getting hotter and dryer in the west... forget the damn reason... bring more water to where the nation needs it... PIPELINES from Texas and the mid west are doable... we have that kind of ability...
Why aren't we doing what we all know is the best response to global warming droughts?... getting water where you need it in our nation should be a priority....
I completely agree. I've been saying for years we need to start projects like desalination plants on the coasts.... in the meantime other countries like Australia Saudi Arabia and Israel are leading the way.

China has reforested a whole section of the Gobi desert for God's sake while we've been turning the Middle East into blood-tinted glass.

Dirty little secret. Central CA is a desert. It is only verdant because of water from Far Northern CA. Droughts are typical for much of CA and always have been. History shows a 100 year drought at one time. The Sierra Mtns run down CA and on the Eastern side, there is more water. The Western side is more desert like with soils that, if watered, are very fertile so, there is a lot a agriculture there. Basically the natural climate prefers most of CA to be a desert.

Dirty little secret. Central CA is a desert. It is only verdant because of water from Far Northern CA. Droughts are typical for much of CA and always have been. History shows a 100 year drought at one time. The Sierra Mtns run down CA and on the Eastern side, there is more water. The Western side is more desert like with soils that, if watered, are very fertile so, there is a lot a agriculture there. Basically the natural climate prefers most of CA to be a desert.

Over the last 1200 years there have been at least two droughts that lasted 300 years.

Forum List

Back