Labor shortage?

------------------------------ crystal ball time but I won't play as i'm not interested in 50 - 100 years . My only reply would be America for Americans and the rest of the world for foreigners Slade .
Why are you not interested in the future? I’ve heard you claim to care many of times
--------------------------------- 5 - 10 years is the only Future that interests me . More than that and I think that the USA is GONE Slade .

------------------------------ crystal ball time but I won't play as i'm not interested in 50 - 100 years . My only reply would be America for Americans and the rest of the world for foreigners Slade .
Why are you not interested in the future? I’ve heard you claim to care many of times
--------------------------------- 5 - 10 years is the only Future that interests me . More than that and I think that the USA is GONE Slade .
Then you have no problem with government spending and the national debt, is that right?

There is more to it than that. Farmers are always hurting for good workers because the work is so doggone hard and relentless. The cold hard truth is most Americans can't or won't do farm work.

If you look at construction, we have contractors who can't find workers with the skill sets or the work ethic to even be dependable. I have a friend who has his own construction business and he says when he loses a solid guy it takes him 6 months to find a good replacement.

In the technical positions, there is high turnover because the good engineers, coders, algorithm developers etc. leave for higher pay. If they are really good they force the company to open 2 or 3 reqs to backfill.

Three different industries with three very different reasons why each faces a labor shortage.
Still not looking at why all of it came to be.

We have to fix it or we are done as a nation.

There is more to it than that. Farmers are always hurting for good workers because the work is so doggone hard and relentless. The cold hard truth is most Americans can't or won't do farm work.

If you look at construction, we have contractors who can't find workers with the skill sets or the work ethic to even be dependable. I have a friend who has his own construction business and he says when he loses a solid guy it takes him 6 months to find a good replacement.

In the technical positions, there is high turnover because the good engineers, coders, algorithm developers etc. leave for higher pay. If they are really good they force the company to open 2 or 3 reqs to backfill.

Three different industries with three very different reasons why each faces a labor shortage.

Farming is almost a thing of the past in America anymore
------------------------------------- get the mechanized picking on line . I've shown videos and it is here today . Better than a buncha third world imported units picking veg and sending money to foreign countries eh .

This Is one case where the machines are better than people. The migrant workers pick fruits and vegetables but they also pick their noses and pick their asses while they're picking produce. It is estimated that at least 70% of all contamination of produce starts with the workers in the field. When they're out in the field you don't think they run back 200 yards to the restroom do you?. They shit and piss right where they are.

Jo

Then you have no problem with government spending and the national debt, is that right?
---------------------------------------------- i'm no Money Grubber or WHORE Slade . I do know though that when the USA is Gone , well then that's the end of any America . [see 'ilham omar - Rashida talib and their 'sharia loving supporters in Minneapolis to see where they are trying to take the USA Slade]

---------------------------------------- if Government Spending is on MILITARY and other worthy projects I of course have no problem with Government spending . And NOTICE , it is many many years that National Debt has been Whined about and here we are as the USA just soldiers on . I guess that National Debt is very manageable and easily taken care of Slade .

---------------------------------------- if Government Spending is on MILITARY and other worthy projects I of course have no problem with Government spending . And NOTICE , it is many many years that National Debt has been Whined about and here we are as the USA just soldiers on . I guess that National Debt is very manageable and easily taken care of Slade .
Ok got it, thanks for answering... if for somebody on the “Right” to admit they don’t care about the debt or gov spending

well I don't like the DEBT I suppose but how many years have people been whining about the debt and here I am , eating breakfast and getting ready to go some where on a ride today . I mean the DEBT has never affected me as far as I am aware . And the money that causes the DEBT is spent in keeping USA Military the strongest Military in the world as one example . I mean , how many years do I hear WHINING about the Debt but for all those years it seems to have been MANAGED pretty well Slade .

And if Gov spending is on Military , well , that's a good reason to be spending Slade .

well I don't like the DEBT I suppose but how many years have people been whining about the debt and here I am , eating breakfast and getting ready to go some where on a ride today . I mean the DEBT has never affected me as far as I am aware . And the money that causes the DEBT is spent in keeping USA Military the strongest Military in the world as one example . I mean , how many years do I hear WHINING about the Debt but for all those years it seems to have been MANAGED pretty well Slade .
I’ll let you fight this one out with a fellow conservative but I appreciate your honesty and it’s nice to see you taking a progressive position. Shows independence.

And if Gov spending is on Military , well , that's a good reason to be spending Slade .
Yes most the discretionary spending is on military... but the majority of the overall spending is on social security, Medicare and Medicaid.

------------------------------------- get the mechanized picking on line . I've shown videos and it is here today . Better than a buncha third world imported units picking veg and sending money to foreign countries eh .

This Is one case where the machines are better than people. The migrant workers pick fruits and vegetables but they also pick their noses and pick their asses while they're picking produce. It is estimated that at least 70% of all contamination of produce starts with the workers in the field. When they're out in the field you don't think they run back 200 yards to the restroom do you?. They shit and piss right where they are.

Jo
It won't be long before the Japanese have their Replacements built

You can blame it all on the wealthy Americans who think their children should not stoop low to do construction or farm work

Jo
You know, after visiting some McDonald's in the area for a quick meal, and them getting my order wrong everytime (5 times now), it makes me say "heck yeah" bring on the automation.

But then I think, we are a human race, not a robot race, and we must do everything we can to promote the strength, health, and well being of our human race. We have just been on the wrong path for way to long in this process or journey. We must restore God in our lives, the quality in our lives, the drive, incentives, and merits in order to improve our lives, our character's, our health, and the integrity in our people/human race.

If we had this now in the majority of our citizen's again, then there wouldn't be any problem. Yes technology is super cool, and should be slowly added to our societies as we transform from generation to generation.

However, a balance must be kept, and a healthy transformation process is to be done decently and in order always. Doing anything out of greed and anger is not the way to go.

We need to get back to rewarding good, and rewarding merit, and rewarding character and drive in the human being.

This makes for a strong people, nation, economy, and military.

You can blame it all on the wealthy Americans who think their children should not stoop low to do construction or farm work
Construction and farm work are all great character building jobs that instill stamina and endurance in a human being. If not destined to remain in such a job, then nothing is standing in the way of anyone improving their education, skill sets, and moving on to other things like it had always been in the past.

There are millions of stories of people starting out in this job or that, and then becoming something else in their lives.

List some stories here if you like.

Jo
You know, after visiting some McDonald's in the area for a quick meal, and them getting my order wrong everytime (5 times now), it makes me say "heck yeah" bring on the automation.

But then I think, we are a human race, not a robot race, and we must do everything we can to promote the strength, health, and well being of our human race. We have just been on the wrong path for way to long in this process or journey. We must restore God in our lives, the quality in our lives, the drive, incentives, and merits in order to improve our lives, our character's, our health, and the integrity in our people/human race.

If we had this now in the majority of our citizen's again, then there wouldn't be any problem. Yes technology is super cool, and should be slowly added to our societies as we transform from generation to generation.

However, a balance must be kept, and a healthy transformation process is to be done decently and in order always. Doing anything out of greed and anger is not the way to go.

We need to get back to rewarding good, and rewarding merit, and rewarding character and drive in the human being.

I used to fear automation but now I understand that it is absolutely needed to reach our next level of achievement. It won't kill jobs.... To the contrary it will create many more IMO.... We are currently hindered by our dependency on manual labor.

Jo

Jo

I used to fear automation but now I understand that it is absolutely needed to reach our next level of achievement. It won't kill jobs.... To the contrary it will create many more IMO.... We are currently hindered by our dependency on manual labor.

Jo
A human being is never a hinderance, but when we have a generation that has been lost to some extent, then we must correct the problem. As said before automation is the future, and it is a really interesting thing in so many ways, but until we change the Democrats mindsets and policies, we will have a high birthrate in which causes the flooding or over running of resources. This inturn causes people to become impoverished at high rates, causes high taxes, high resources consumption, exploitation, usery, and so many other tragic things that happen to people when this out of control craziness happens in a system.

Forum List

Back